Prochannel Knobs Should be Adjustable by Mouse Scroll Wheels

Author
FM
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27
2015/01/10 17:47:31 (permalink)
4.5 (6)

Prochannel Knobs Should be Adjustable by Mouse Scroll Wheels

I find it much easier to adjust plugin knobs by mouse scroll wheel than mouse dragging. 
It would be awesome if this could be implemented accross the Prochannel plugins and even other Cakewalk VST's.

6 Replies Related Threads

Kamikaze
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3013
    Re: Prochannel Knobs Should be Adjustable by Mouse Scroll Wheels 2015/03/03 22:34:47 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    There was another post relating to this recently where a user wanted the Q to be controlled in the Pro EQ by scroll wheel. I prefer using scroll wheel to control knobs and faders. I think the way Pro Channel controls work is inconsistent with the Console view.
    I have a Channel with ProChannel open. Right click  a fader and and scroll (works), right click the pan and scroll (works), Right click and select a Pro Channel control and the whole channel scrolls. This is all in the same view, so surely it should be consistent.  

letyourlightshine
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 110
    Re: Prochannel Knobs Should be Adjustable by Mouse Scroll Wheels 2015/03/04 08:12:43 (permalink)
    I agree,this is a great idea
    dcumpian
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4124
    Re: Prochannel Knobs Should be Adjustable by Mouse Scroll Wheels 2015/03/04 08:22:20 (permalink)
    I agree, but I will add that since adding a Trackball to my setup, I would never go back to using just a mouse. When I'm in mix mode, I can click-lock the ball to any control and create very fluid automation curves very easily. Just thought I'd toss that out there.

Regards,
    Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
    http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
    Kamikaze
    Re: Prochannel Knobs Should be Adjustable by Mouse Scroll Wheels 2015/03/24 01:20:30 (permalink)
    As much as I like the idea, I think if they implemented, it would cause me problems. Currently the only prochannels that respond to mouse wheel are those that allow controls to be in focus (noted by four white corners appearing), this is Compressors, Tube, Prochannel and FX Chains. But in the Display setting 'Normal' or 'larger', which is useful for those with high res, yet small screens (like my Full HD 15.6" laptop), or that have vision impairment (and for those GUi's that are tiny, "yes I'm talking to you Applied Acoustic Systems"). All the others do not allow 'in focus and these are the majority of PChannels. This majority all work in any display settings (smaller, normal and larger) with mouse movements. Implementing in focus will give them mouse wheel movements, but will loose fuctiion of mouse movement in 'Normal' and 'Larger' Display settings

I am pretty wary if them messing with anything with third party ProChannels at the moment.

John T
    Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6783
    Re: Prochannel Knobs Should be Adjustable by Mouse Scroll Wheels 2015/03/27 21:23:31 (permalink)
    The problem with this is that the scroll wheel in the pro channel is currently used to scrolls and down through the modules, if the channel overall is taller than the screen. These seem like somewhat incompatible behaviours.

http://johntatlockaudio.com/
    Self-build PC // 16GB RAM // i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz // Nofan 0dB cooler // ASUS P8-Z77 V Pro motherboard // Intel x-25m SSD System Drive // Seagate RAID Array Audio Drive // Windows 10 64 bit // Sonar Platinum (64 bit) // Sonar VS-700 // M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 // KRK RP-6 Monitors // and a bunch of other stuff
    Kamikaze
    Re: Prochannel Knobs Should be Adjustable by Mouse Scroll Wheels 2015/03/28 10:17:04 (permalink)
    John T
    The problem with this is that the scroll wheel in the pro channel is currently used to scrolls and down through the modules, if the channel overall is taller than the screen. These seem like somewhat incompatible behaviours.

If you click on a function in the console view, scroll moves the function. I you click outside a function in a console view, scroll moves the Console view.

This consistency doesn't extend to the Pro channel view.  We are already dealing with incompatible behaviours

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1