Helpful ReplyLocked[FAQ]Please Read - How to restore any missing products your Cakewalk SSO Account

Author
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1067
2015/01/16 20:22:53 (permalink)

Please Read - How to restore any missing products your Cakewalk SSO Account

Hi Everyone,

Part 1 -

When you create a Cakewalk SSO Account, you obviously must choose an email address to associate with your account. The moment you verify your email address from the link we send we do a bunch of crazy things behind the scenes to attempt to tie all of your product history together. Since we have over 25+ years of product history, it's a pretty tricky task. We pull in history from:

- The previous Cakewalk Store (which was actually three different stores due to different currency regions)
- Any registrations made at http://www.cakewalk.com/register throughout multiple versions of our website
- Any products obtained via our Cakewalk On-Demand system at http://www.cakewalk.com/redeem
- The current Cakewalk Store

Before Cakewalk Single Sign-On, we never required a log in for all of these systems. This meant that someone could obtain products with very different information and still be the same person. Here's an example:

Customer purchased SONAR 6 at retail and registered at http://www.cakewalk.com/register

They used the following info to register:
First Name: J
Last Name: Smith
email: SomeRandomEmailAddress@aol123.com

The same customer purchased SONAR X2 Producer through Sweetwater and was given a redemption code to use at http://www.cakewalk.com/redeem. When they redeemed they used the following info:

First Name: JONATHAN
Last Name: SMITH
email: SomeTotallyDifferentEmailAddress@MyAwesomeSite.com

To get to my point, despite our best efforts, situations like the one above are unfortunately really difficult to address automagically, even with our level 75 magic spells. If the customer above created a Cakewalk SSO Account with SomeRandomEmailAddress@aol123.com as the email address, most likely we'd only know about the SONAR 6 registration.

-------

Part 2 -

We have built in some logic to your Cakewalk SSO Account that can help recover missing products should they not have migrated successfully. If you're in this situation, here's what you can do now:

If you still have access to your old email address(es), try updating your account's email address temporarily:

This can be done by going to https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Manage and changing your email address.

!!!IMPORTANT - If you change your email address you will be logged out and sent an Approval / Verification email to verify you are the owner of that email address. You MUST be able to log into that email address to click the verification email in order to get back into your Cakewalk Account.

Once you click the verification email from your other email address, we'll automatically import any product ownership that was tied to that email and bring you back to your account. Once it is in your account, you can actually switch your email address back afterwards and you won't lose your product ownership.

Basically, any time you update your email address we send you through the verification / approval step and import any product history.

If you do not have access to an old email address that you registered a product with

Unfortunately, in this case we'll need to get a human involved. Please contact our Customer Service department for assistance at http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Email/AccountHelp

The more details you can provide the better. Our support representatives are pretty good at finding any missing data. We promise we'll get you squared away.
post edited by Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk] - 2016/05/02 11:23:34

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
pentimentosound
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1535
Re: Please Read - How to restore any missing products your Cakewalk SSO Account 2015/01/16 20:35:13 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby mrdrwest 2015/01/23 22:02:18
Ryan
I went from missing more than half my purchases, to having them all restored by emailing all of my previous addresses/email addresses, etc, via the feedback option. I was able to also paste order emails from CW Store, showing dates and order numbers for the "harder" (the ones that took longer)ones, and that must have helped them piece my account back together.
So, they -CW-   can do it, and you can help them get it right. It worked great for me.
Michael 

clintmartin
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3893
Re: Please Read - How to restore any missing products your Cakewalk SSO Account 2015/01/16 20:45:26 (permalink)
I'm getting closer to having everything back. I just sent in an old e-mail, maybe that will get it done.

Cakewalk, Harrison Mixbus 4, Waveform 9, ADK intel i7 2600 3.40 ghz, 8gb Ram, Win 7, Presonus Audiobox 44VSL. 
http://www.youtube.com/c/clintmartinmusic
https://itunes.apple.com/...lint-martin/1010966023
https://open.spotify.com/artist/4x4TBz32i56bTJkgu7b4tN

sylent
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 309
Re: Please Read - How to restore any missing products your Cakewalk SSO Account 2015/01/16 22:35:37 (permalink)
Mine actually populated the list before I could contact them about it.
Perhaps the servers just took a minute to catch up during a peak second. lol

Thanks Ryan

http://twisteddrive.com
Windows 7 Pro 64, i5-3570k 3.40GHz, 32Gb ram, NVIDIA Quatro 4000, 2x SSD, 2x 2Tb Dedicated storage and misc high-capacity HHD Storage, Sonar Platinum, Adobe CS6 Master Suite, Misc 3D, video, audio software. Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56/octapre, Mackie MCU, other MIDI/control, rack effects, and more.
Garry Stubbs
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2619
Re: Please Read - How to restore any missing products your Cakewalk SSO Account 2015/01/17 08:24:41 (permalink)
There has been a lot to read this week, can I just ask for clarification. The SSO refers to the account accessed at www.cakewalk.com  and the new command centre is not ever going to show these historical products, but will show everything purchased or updated from 'New' Sonar onwards if purchased at the end of January....no ?

https://soundcloud.com/garry-kiosk
Sonar Platinum 64-bit: Q6600 8Gb Win7 64-bit: KRK Monitors: ART MPA PRO VLA ii preamp: 3 x 500Gb internal SATA disks: Superior Drummer2: GPO4: Realstrat: Saxlab: Rapture: Dimension Pro: Ozone 4: Edirol SPS-660: PCR-500 MIDI controller: Korg PadKontrol: Fender / Gibson / Yamaha / Ibanez guitars:Guitar Rig 5: Dual 22" Monitors: Mapex Drums, Sabian AAX cymbals: Alesis DM5 Pro Kit: SE Electronics and Shure Mics: Mathmos Lava Lamp (40W)
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Please Read - How to restore any missing products your Cakewalk SSO Account 2015/01/17 10:43:21 (permalink)
The SSO is the ID you are using now on this forum. It is also your account https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account and store ID. Your account can be accessed from the Cakewalk home page you linked. The Command Center does not show older products, just new SONAR for now.
Garry Stubbs
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2619
Re: Please Read - How to restore any missing products your Cakewalk SSO Account 2015/01/17 11:07:27 (permalink)
Thanks Scook, I was reasonably sure I had read that somewhere this week on the forum. Looks like I am good to go, all products, right back to Sonar 6 are there...thanks once again.

https://soundcloud.com/garry-kiosk
Sonar Platinum 64-bit: Q6600 8Gb Win7 64-bit: KRK Monitors: ART MPA PRO VLA ii preamp: 3 x 500Gb internal SATA disks: Superior Drummer2: GPO4: Realstrat: Saxlab: Rapture: Dimension Pro: Ozone 4: Edirol SPS-660: PCR-500 MIDI controller: Korg PadKontrol: Fender / Gibson / Yamaha / Ibanez guitars:Guitar Rig 5: Dual 22" Monitors: Mapex Drums, Sabian AAX cymbals: Alesis DM5 Pro Kit: SE Electronics and Shure Mics: Mathmos Lava Lamp (40W)
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Please Read - How to restore any missing products your Cakewalk SSO Account 2015/01/17 11:29:44 (permalink)
While there was another thread, this one looks like dedicated, sticky and official..

I have sorted out near everything, but I still miss 8.5 LE. I have reported that in my reply to "MissingProduct" mail from the Tech Support (6.1), but there was no reaction so far.

So, my questions to Ryan here (since I think the answers are interesting for other as well):
  1. Should we reply to the tech mail or use feedback form again in case we still missing something?
  2. How long should we wait before making second attempt?
In my case, I always had one account, with one name, attached to the same e-mail. 8.5 LE was the only product not from CW store.

Not related, by still... This year I no longer get any announcements from CW. It was like 2 times per week before ;)

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
DaGeek
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: Please Read - How to restore any missing products your Cakewalk SSO Account 2015/01/17 13:42:43 (permalink)
I doubt they are monitoring the feedback form very closely. I have used that twice with no response. I recently changed my email and only a few of my products are now showing. The odd thing is it shows stuff that are very old like Sonar 2.0, Sonar 6 Studio. These were clearly attached to a an old email not my current one. Also, Additional Products shows "DSF Symphonic Strings - Free with Sonar X2 Producer Purchase" but none of my recent products appear including Sonar X2 Producer and Sonar X3 Producer.  It makes no sense to have additional products for X2 Producer appearing but X2 Producer is not included in the list. Since I do not have access to my previous email account I cannot change my email as see if that fixes it.    
Scott2112
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Please Read - How to restore any missing products your Cakewalk SSO Account 2015/01/17 14:31:58 (permalink)
This new SSO account has been a disaster for me as well. I tried to transfer my old account in December but never received the email response. Ever since I have tried different things to no avail. I could not even log into this site because of this failure so I could not post anything. Anyhow, I decided to create a new account. That failed as well. I assume it is because of the email being the same domain as my other account. I switched to my Gmail account and it got through. Anyhow, I have the early sonar email but it won't let me buy it since it thinks I am a new user (I have been a user since 1990)

Hopefully someone can help today. That would be fabulous!

Scott
Karyn
Ma-Ma
  • Total Posts : 9200
Re: Please Read - How to restore any missing products your Cakewalk SSO Account 2015/01/17 14:36:02 (permalink)
DaGeek
I doubt they are monitoring the feedback form very closely. I have used that twice with no response. I recently changed my email and only a few of my products are now showing. The odd thing is it shows stuff that are very old like Sonar 2.0, Sonar 6 Studio. These were clearly attached to a an old email not my current one. Also, Additional Products shows "DSF Symphonic Strings - Free with Sonar X2 Producer Purchase" but none of my recent products appear including Sonar X2 Producer and Sonar X3 Producer.  It makes no sense to have additional products for X2 Producer appearing but X2 Producer is not included in the list. Since I do not have access to my previous email account I cannot change my email as see if that fixes it.    

I assure you they are monitoring the feedback form,  that is the official means of contact regarding store/account problems.

The issue you're describing is exactly the same as I had, some things there, some not, some freebies showing that related to missing products.
I used the feedback form and gave them a list of all the possible emails I could have used (whether I remembered using them for the store or not).  I got a response in about 2 weeks and everything is now sorted.

Please remember that all this is happening at the same time as the new Sonar rollout, so there's maybe not as many support staff dedicated to the task as could be at other times.  It's as going to be a one off task, so don't fret just now, just let them get through the list of folk with the same problems.

Mekashi Futo
Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

Scott2112
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Please Read - How to restore any missing products your Cakewalk SSO Account 2015/01/17 14:41:34 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby tjsherry 2016/08/18 20:08:54
Karyn

I assure you they are monitoring the feedback form,  that is the official means of contact regarding store/account problems.

The issue you're describing is exactly the same as I had, some things there, some not, some freebies showing that related to missing products.
I used the feedback form and gave them a list of all the possible emails I could have used (whether I remembered using them for the store or not).  I got a response in about 2 weeks and everything is now sorted.

Please remember that all this is happening at the same time as the new Sonar rollout, so there's maybe not as many support staff dedicated to the task as could be at other times.  It's as going to be a one off task, so don't fret just now, just let them get through the list of folk with the same problems.

I hope they are looking or many others like myself will not be purchasing the new Sonar because of the SSO issues. Hopefully something is resolved soon. I even tried calling yesterday but was put on hold forever. Not a great start to this new system.
cityrat
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 671
Re: Please Read - How to restore any missing products your Cakewalk SSO Account 2015/01/17 16:00:28 (permalink)
Uh, Yeah.... I'll be filling out the feedback form to get a human involved.  All  were there before the change over - but I have no clue how many emails I've gone thru.

I DO have my product codes SN etc so I'll put that in the feedback form?

Sonar Platinum | Windows 7 64 bit SP1 | Intel i5 3570 3.4GHz | 8GB RAM | Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H | OCZ SSD | RME 9632
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1067
Re: Please Read - How to restore any missing products your Cakewalk SSO Account 2015/01/17 16:03:47 (permalink)
cityrat
Uh, Yeah.... I'll be filling out the feedback form to get a human involved.  All  were there before the change over - but I have no clue how many emails I've gone thru.

I DO have my product codes SN etc so I'll put that in the feedback form?

Yeah, just shoot an email over or give us a ring. We can get you squared away.

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1