Helpful ReplyLockedThings I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/14 11:58:53 (permalink)
i have no inside information

just a sec

Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/14 12:01:38 (permalink)
You don't need it. It's all public.
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/07/14 12:08:23

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
Notecrusher
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 579
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 02:54:06 (permalink)
Doktor Avalanche
Even now Cakewalk is (hopefully) fixing bugs and workflow issues that should have been resolved under Roland's watch..

That's exactly the point. They're not. They're building things that nobody ever wanted like paintable MIDI files and Drum Replacer while the Matrix sits in the same beta state it's been in for years and automation is still a joke. But I'm not going to turn this thread into yet another flame war over the state of Cakewalk. Suffice to say, I do not agree w/ your assessment. 
Gone!!
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 797
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 03:26:30 (permalink)
Notecrusher

That's exactly the point. They're not. They're building things that nobody ever wanted like paintable MIDI files and Drum Replacer while the Matrix sits in the same beta state it's been in for years and automation is still a joke. But I'm not going to turn this thread into yet another flame war over the state of Cakewalk. Suffice to say, I do not agree w/ your assessment. 

I think that's a bit harsh. They may or may not have fixed things yet that we as individuals may have wanted to be fixed, but I'm pretty sure if you look through the release notes of the various releases to date, there you will find quite a number of issues fixed, and that process is ongoing.

I for one like the "paintable MIDI files" and a number of other things they have brought to the table, I find very useful.
Notecrusher
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 06:43:29 (permalink)
jih64
Notecrusher

I think that's a bit harsh. They may or may not have fixed things yet that we as individuals may have wanted to be fixed, but I'm pretty sure if you look through the release notes of the various releases to date, there you will find quite a number of issues fixed, and that process is ongoing.

I for one like the "paintable MIDI files" and a number of other things they have brought to the table, I find very useful.

Do you know why I'm even here posting tonight? I fired up Splat to work on a project I'm really excited about. But it won't play. It's one of those infamous Sonar ****ed projects that JUST WON'T PLAY. Oh, I tried to fix it, tried to make it behave, but it's no use. So now I have to transfer every track, every synth, every effect out of that project and into a fresh project in order to reconstruct it so I can work on it again. Workflow? HAHAHAHAHA. My buzz is killed. The thrill is gone. I'm looking at 2 hours of work to get back to ground zero. And I have been here before.
Gone!!
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 08:48:48 (permalink)
Well I'm sorry to hear that, but what are you going to do ? Do you know another DAW that has no bugs, where it will be smooth sailing for eternity ? The sun will rise tomorrow, you will get it sorted, and seeing as you have been there before, at least you're walking the beaten path, and not not unfamiliar territory

My point and comments still stand, you can't just point blankly say "That's exactly the point. They're not." when the truth is they are, just that your particular problem seems to not be fixed as yet. I don't think there would be to many people hanging around here if they were truly not fixing anything.

All the best with your troubles.
dcumpian
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4124
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 09:46:47 (permalink)

Notecrusher
jih64
Notecrusher

Do you know why I'm even here posting tonight? I fired up Splat to work on a project I'm really excited about. But it won't play. It's one of those infamous Sonar ****ed projects that JUST WON'T PLAY. Oh, I tried to fix it, tried to make it behave, but it's no use. So now I have to transfer every track, every synth, every effect out of that project and into a fresh project in order to reconstruct it so I can work on it again. Workflow? HAHAHAHAHA. My buzz is killed. The thrill is gone. I'm looking at 2 hours of work to get back to ground zero. And I have been here before.

If that happened to me, even once, I'd be looking for another DAW. But it has never happened (knock on wood) in all of the years I have worked with CWPA and Sonar.

I suspect there is something particular in your setup that is causing this, most likely a flaky VST.

Regards,
Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
Brando
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2776
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 17:08:27 (permalink)
I have to agree with Dan. Although I agree with some of Notecrusher's sentiments with respect to prioritizing the fixing of longstanding issues in favour of new feature development, I would never have any cause to critique sonar's stability which has been great, and solid. There has to be a system based cause for instability like that, (even though it isn't easy to hear).

Brando
Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 18:15:11 (permalink)
Notecrusher

I like to think I tell it how it is, and suffer the consequences later. That has never happened to me ever in any version of Sonar. That is the truth. You should look at your environment... Start with Sonar safe mode.
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/07/16 18:23:08

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 18:27:26 (permalink)
Thoughts are.. if you are running Replika roll back a version. Run Sonar as Administrator .. Run windows update. Update your interface firmware and drivers. Disable your virus scanner. Perform a vst reset.. And then a rescan. Run intel driver update Run Sonar in safe mode, remove plugins one by one ... Still issues?... Start a new thread in Sonar forum.
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/07/16 18:34:26

Notecrusher
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 19:15:22 (permalink)
jih64

My point and comments still stand, you can't just point blankly say "That's exactly the point. They're not." when the truth is they are, just that your particular problem seems to not be fixed as yet. I don't think there would be to many people hanging around here if they were truly not fixing anything.

All the best with your troubles.

NO, the truth is they are not. Automation being a mess, the matrix view being released in beta state and left that way for years and to this day, important features being removed from the software like draw tool customization, are not "my particular problem". They effect all users.

But this is not about any of that. We are not going to vet every single issue with Sonar right now on this one single thread. This all came up as a digression from the OP beginning on post #11 where personal attacks were made on a couple of posters because we had the audacity to speak critically about a software program. Both of us have asserted that we will not be bullied and we will continue to speak on-topic, openly about Cakewalk as we see fit. 

The OP and the poster who began the digression are both long gone. There is nothing more to say. This topic can be considered FINISHED AND CLOSED.
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 19:33:42 (permalink)
Not bad saying thread is closed considering you are not the OP....

Anyway you sound as angry as I was under Roland. I'd come back in a year and see what has happened since then. If nothing then I'll shout with you.. You need to read the release PDF's to see has been fixed that's where all the facts are.

I get most of your points but Sonar is stable and most of what you mention here is Rolands fault.

I'm peed about longstanding issues too but we all have to explain ourselves better.

I think you would get your points across better if you raised each of your specific concerns in seperare threads in the Sonar forums, in a calm manner we might get an interesting debate. If you generalise things what more can you expect other than get general comments back.
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/07/16 19:46:29

Notecrusher
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 20:47:06 (permalink)
Doktor Avalanche
Not bad saying thread is closed considering you are not the OP....

Anyway you sound as angry as I was under Roland. I'd come back in a year and see what has happened since then. If nothing then I'll shout with you.. You need to read the release PDF's to see has been fixed that's where all the facts are.

I get most of your points but Sonar is stable and most of what you mention here is Rolands fault.

I'm peed about longstanding issues too but we all have to explain ourselves better.

I think you would get your points across better if you raised each of your specific concerns in seperare threads in the Sonar forums, in a calm manner we might get an interesting debate. If you generalise things what more can you expect other than get general comments back.

Oh, so YOU want to prolong this? Fine then.

It's arbitrary to say "come back in a year and be angry then". I said that a year ago... And the year before that. And the year before that. So no, not Roland's fault. Also I didn't generalize, I have given specifics every step of the way, BUT ONLY because asked to. ONCE AGAIN, the point HERE was only that we won't be bullied, NOT to raise specific issues about the software. Sounds like YOU want a fight. Won't allow the thread to die, demand specifics, then say don't group specifics on one thread when that was never the intent and I made that clear. 

Once again, as far as *I* am concerned the topic is closed. 
post edited by Notecrusher - 2015/07/16 20:58:07
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 21:00:57 (permalink)
Er was I complaining?

Ok then whatever I did try to reach out.
If you think I'm the ultimate fanboy and have it in for you,you are wrong, I got no end of grief for doing this that still exists to this day. If you regard the comments here as personal attacks you have seen nothing. Many of the issues are fixed, and many are not.. Pretty much all issues existed under Roland..It WILL take time to fix the backlog and Platinum has already taken out a sizable chunk. See...

http://forum.cakewalk.com.m.aspx?m=3009969&p=1

Btw this is what I mean about specifics!

I'm sorry you prefer to throw your toys out of the pram at this stage. When you want to come back and talk of specific issues on other threads in the Sonar forum I'd be more than happy to engage. See you in the other forums..
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/07/16 21:19:26

Notecrusher
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 21:28:49 (permalink)
You are straight up trolling. Your mischaracterizations are broad and wide. Seriously, it must be a great deal of work to fashion such an array of lies. SORRY TROLL, I am not going away to "come back and talk of specific issues on other threads in the Sonar forum". I have ALWAYS posted specifics, right here in this very thread, which you of course know. Your eyes do go up. But also in many other threads in this forum and others, FOR ELEVEN YEARS, as you can verify.

It truly boggles the mind -- the level of insecurity. But it's not my problem, and I will not be cowed nor threatened in the least by impotent little boys.
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 21:41:28 (permalink)
Well I tried to meet you half way and you are having none of it. When you have calmed down maybe reread the thread and stop biting peoples heads off. Forgive me for not engaging in a bun fight... Have a nice day.

Gone!!
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 22:11:26 (permalink)
Notecrusher

and I will not be cowed nor threatened in the least by impotent little boys.

lol
stevec
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 22:32:27 (permalink)
Notecrusher
....Automation being a mess, the matrix view being released in beta state and left that way for years and to this day, important features being removed from the software like draw tool customization, are not "my particular problem". They effect all users.

For my uses automation is far from a "mess", and I really don't miss the PRV customizations from earlier versions.   Maybe others are affected by these things, I don't know...   but affecting all users?   Nah.   I'm not sure if any one feature does.

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Notecrusher
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 23:07:25 (permalink)
Doktor Avalanche
Well I tried to meet you half way and you are having none of it. When you have calmed down maybe reread the thread 

Your BS is breathtaking. I twice implored that the thread be closed. You reopened it both times explicitly to troll me:
"Not bad saying thread is closed considering you are not the OP".

As for rereading the thread, yes, I suggest you do to review the reality of who I am vs the anti-Cakewalk straw man who never posts any specific claims you've been pointlessly railing against.

post edited by Notecrusher - 2015/07/16 23:16:19
Notecrusher
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/16 23:14:35 (permalink)
stevec
Notecrusher
....Automation being a mess, the matrix view being released in beta state and left that way for years and to this day, important features being removed from the software like draw tool customization, are not "my particular problem". They effect all users.

For my uses automation is far from a "mess", and I really don't miss the PRV customizations from earlier versions.   Maybe others are affected by these things, I don't know...   but affecting all users?   Nah.   I'm not sure if any one feature does.

AGAIN, I listed these issues as a few examples because other posters demanded specifics. Not going to engage w/ you or anyone else HERE on this one thread in an all-encompassing discussion where we vet every issue in the software. 
post edited by Notecrusher - 2015/07/16 23:27:52
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/17 05:38:32 (permalink)
If your definition of being specific is tell everybody that something is in mess and are in a beta state then I'm a BS mischaracterising trolling impotent little boy LOL. That does not tell us anything. For some hints on how to be more specific click on the link I supplied above.

And attempting to close other peoples threads because you deem it convenient to yourself I'm afraid will get you no friends around here,nor will your aggressive language. Btw you don't have any permissions to close threads, but hopefully a host will come along shortly and do so.

The only thing I'm against is your attitude, if you developed clearer language and told us exactly your specific gripes in a more respectful manner, we need might engage more, we might have even agreed with you.

Over and out.
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/07/17 06:01:00

John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re: Things I would like to see (fixed) in the #NewSONAR 2015/07/17 16:18:49 (permalink)
I am going to close this thread because it has deteriorated and serves no good purpose.

There is no reason for the personal attacks that are posted in this thread. In future please strive to be civil to one another.  

Best
John
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1