Solo/Mute View

Author
Kev999
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3922
2015/01/24 01:10:26 (permalink)

Solo/Mute View

Sometimes you find yourself going back and forth soloing and muting the same few tracks while alternating between tweaking a phrase and checking whether it sits ok with other instruments. Often this involves either a bit of scrolling in Track View to access all the buttons or some other inconvenience, e.g. having Console View open when it not otherwise required, or maybe temporarily re-arranging the order of tracks. At least two users have said that they even add tracks to the PRV Track Pane for the purpose of accessing the tracks' Solo and Mute buttons and using it independently of the main PRV functions. A great workaround, but not always convenient.

With all this in mind I am proposing: a "Solo/Mute View" window, which would display an array of Solo and Mute buttons with track names alongside, plus a "Pick Track" drop-down menu. Having a small moveable window containing the buttons relevant to tracks you are working with would be very handy.

I realise that we have a lot of View windows already and adding more and more could get out of hand, but I believe that this particular addition would be a positive workflow aid.

SonarPlatinum(22.11.0.111)|Mixbus32C(4.3.19)|DigitalPerformer(9.5.1)|Reaper(5.77)
FractalDesign:DefineR5|i7-6850k@4.1GHz|16GB@2666MHz-DDR4|MSI:GamingProCarbonX99a|Matrox:M9148(x2)|UAD2solo(6.5.2)|W7Ult-x64-SP1
Audient:iD22+ASP800|KRK:VXT6|+various-outboard-gear|+guitars&basses, etc.
Having fun at work lately

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1