Advanced Grouping of Tracks and Busses

Author
theheliosequence
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 125
2015/01/25 09:47:19 (permalink)

Advanced Grouping of Tracks and Busses

One feature that I've found handy in Pro Tools is the ability to group tracks and busses together. I would like to evolve the concept in Sonar a little bit further though...

It would be great if you could select any number of tracks or busses and create a group (This group could be turned on and off at any time). One could then open a "group edit" window and the user would be able to select which track and bus elements they would like to group together.

For example, one could choose simply choose volume. So that when the group was enabled and the volumed was turned up on one of the tracks in the group by 1db... all of the tracks in the group would also go up in volume by 1db. Now lets say one needed just one of these tracks in the group back down 1db... Simply turn off that group and turn down that track.

Basic elements like Volume, Panning, Clip Edits, Mute and Solo Buttons could be selected...

But we could take it a step further and allow some other cool things to be group elements: Any Automation, MIDI note changes, FX bin changes, Routing (I/O and Sends)... or whatever the Bakers and this community could come up with!

You would just select whichever elements you wanted to have be effected by the group. I think there are a bunch of other things that could be implemented here... you could choose whether each element was to be an exact copy of each other or if the changes would be incremental to the current setting in each track or bus. Any other ideas? 

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1