Custom Clip Fade Shapes

Author
theheliosequence
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 125
2015/01/25 10:06:49 (permalink)
5 (1)

Custom Clip Fade Shapes

I think it's time that we have some more advance options for our clip fades. Currently we have linear, fast and slow. I would love to have more options than that.

It could be as simple as have a couple of custom presets that you could make and have easy access to along with the normal fade options.

But...

I think it would be even better if we could actually "grab" the line of the fade and move it. You would most likely have a "dot" in the center of the line that you could move to create a high number of shapes with. I would like the ability to move the dot/line until it is nearly a 90 degree angle at either extreme. I think this would be enough for me, personally... but there could also be the option to add more "dots" if people were interested in having complete control.

2 Replies Related Threads

Kev999
    Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3922
    Re: Custom Clip Fade Shapes 2015/01/25 16:38:14 (permalink)
    Why not use clip envelopes for this?

SonarPlatinum(22.11.0.111)|Mixbus32C(4.3.19)|DigitalPerformer(9.5.1)|Reaper(5.77)
    FractalDesign:DefineR5|i7-6850k@4.1GHz|16GB@2666MHz-DDR4|MSI:GamingProCarbonX99a|Matrox:M9148(x2)|UAD2solo(6.5.2)|W7Ult-x64-SP1
    Audient:iD22+ASP800|KRK:VXT6|+various-outboard-gear|+guitars&basses, etc.
    Having fun at work lately
    theheliosequence
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 125
    Re: Custom Clip Fade Shapes 2015/01/25 20:26:57 (permalink)
    When I'm doing things like editing a vocal track and I need to cut out whenever the singing is not singing, it is WAY faster to edit the clip than it is to draw clip gain. I have a custom key command to split the clip, then I move the edge of the clip then fade. Doing the same thing with clip gain would take more steps and much more time.

There are other times when I would want to gate a snare, but perhaps it just can't be set up correctly to not open when for example there is too much kick bleed. Even though it is very time consuming, sometimes the most transparent and best sounding way of gating is to do it manually. Again, it is way faster to edit using the clips than it is with the clip gain in my experience.

Another example of where this would be useful is when comping vocals. I've had to do things, like comping one word or even one syllable into a lead vocal. Having free custom shapes would allow me to be much more precise and create incredibly transparent comp. As it stands I can play with the different settings and move the fade around until it's as good as it gets, but it would be much better if I had more control.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1