AnsweredLockedIntroducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership

Page: << < ..4647484950 > Showing page 49 of 50
Author
Andrew Rossa
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1910
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/25 01:09:59 (permalink)
liamflanagan
Hello Andrew/Cakewalk,

How can I upgrade from X3 Producer? I've been trying to with my new account and I get the full price with about £30 knocked off not the Intro price for the upgrade.
Also Command Center won't let me login using the details of my new account and I can't find my Serial Number for X3 Producer within my new account. Can you help me with this problem

Thank you

Liam

Sounds like your account might not be linked to the email you used to purchase SONAR X3 Producer. Did you try changing your email at www.cakewalk.com/my-account? That might fix it. Otherwise give us a call Monday and we'll get it straightened out.

Andrew Rossa
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1910
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/25 01:17:13 (permalink)
Vas
dwardzala
Also, regarding the trial version, I believe it will just be Artist.

Too bad only Artist to have a trial version.
Say it ain't so.
I need to test Platinum to help me decide.

And before the $149 intro offer expires.
JRR last time I looked stopped the additional discount.

I do believe it will be Platinum.
Teds_Studio
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 761
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/25 02:31:21 (permalink)
Vas
I tried it again with group
Coupon code "group" is not valid.
last week it was around $129?
I still will like a test ride on the Platinum before pulling the trigger.

You are correct, the coupon code (and discount in general) at JRRShop is no longer valid.  Last week they had a 15% off introductory offer ($126.65)...then if you entered the coupon code "group" it would discount an additional 1% ($1.49).  All discounts have since been deleted.

ASRock X99 Extreme4 MB....Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4 GB DDR 5.....Intel i7 5820k 3.3 Ghz....Corsair RM850i power supply....3 Seagate 1TB SATA III drives....32 Gig G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3000.....Win 10 Pro.....Sonar X1 Producer Exp & X2, X3...Platinum....Superior Drummer 2 & 3 w/ N.Y. Vol 2 SDX.....Sony VEGAS Pro 11.0 32 & 64 bit Pro 12.....Sony VX2100.....Sony HVR-Z7U....Sony HDR-CX130....Alesis HD24....Behringer X32 console....Focusrite 18i20....JBL LSR2328P studio monitors with LSR2310P sub.
Vas
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 112
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/25 02:41:19 (permalink)
He who hesitates does not get the discount at JRR.
I want to be sure that Sonar 2015 is for me
so the trail Platinum is very importnet.

Sonar Platinum, S1 3, FL Studio 12, Cubase 7.5, Komplete 8, Waves Gold, Melodyne Studio 4, Windows 10 - 64bit, GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2, Intel Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, 23" 10-touch ViewSonic and iPad Air as midi controller, iConnectMIDI2+, FireBox, Shuttle Pro2
Jonness
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/25 11:00:33 (permalink)
What stands out to me in all this marketing hype is, as soon as you stop subscribing, you only own the prior version and the latest beta test version. This is not the same as the marketers' claim that a year subscription buys both versions X4 and X5. In truth, the X5 version will not come with bug fixes unless you continue to subscribe. Nobody is getting anything free here.

Behind the scenes, the marketing folks understand, once you buy into the subscription, you will be locked in for life. You will always need future bug fixes for your latest beta test version. In order to stop subscribing, you would first have to identify the most stable point to rollback to. Cakewalk's goal to create a perfect piece of software at any one point in time will be shelved in favor of the hotdog on a stick approach. Hey, just pay for one more month, and you might get to a stable point that allows you to stop subscribing. Oh, you didn't get there yet, well just pay for one more month, ad nauseam.

New feature releases will follow the same hotdog on a stick approach.

That said, if I didn't already own full versions of TH2, etc., I would upgrade immediately. As is, I'm going to hold off and continue to use my stable version of X3 for awhile. Since I only upgraded a couple of months ago there's plenty here to keep me busy.
post edited by Jonness - 2015/01/25 11:14:28
potpourri
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/25 11:50:01 (permalink)
Jonness
What stands out to me in all this marketing hype is, as soon as you stop subscribing, you only own the prior version and the latest beta test version. This is not the same as the marketers' claim that a year subscription buys both versions X4 and X5. In truth, the X5 version will not come with bug fixes unless you continue to subscribe. Nobody is getting anything free here.

Behind the scenes, the marketing folks understand, once you buy into the subscription, you will be locked in for life. You will always need future bug fixes for your latest beta test version. In order to stop subscribing, you would first have to identify the most stable point to rollback to. Cakewalk's goal to create a perfect piece of software at any one point in time will be shelved in favor of the hotdog on a stick approach. Hey, just pay for one more month, and you might get to a stable point that allows you to stop subscribing. Oh, you didn't get there yet, well just pay for one more month, ad nauseam.

New feature releases will follow the same hotdog on a stick approach.

That said, if I didn't already own full versions of TH2, etc., I would upgrade immediately. As is, I'm going to hold off and continue to use my stable version of X3 for awhile. Since I only upgraded a couple of months ago there's plenty here to keep me busy.

cakewalk has got us on a subscription baxter ! :)  slowly dripping new  features in our veins  ,  it's worse than crack! :)
then they gonna charge us to send  us to the cakewalk rehab center  , aaargh   :)
sylent
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 309
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/25 13:54:26 (permalink)
Get that monkey off your back... do like our forefathers in history have always done and pay for it up front with cash or credit.
Like the old saying ... you get what you pay for!

http://twisteddrive.com
Windows 7 Pro 64, i5-3570k 3.40GHz, 32Gb ram, NVIDIA Quatro 4000, 2x SSD, 2x 2Tb Dedicated storage and misc high-capacity HHD Storage, Sonar Platinum, Adobe CS6 Master Suite, Misc 3D, video, audio software. Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56/octapre, Mackie MCU, other MIDI/control, rack effects, and more.
Splat
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/25 19:17:03 (permalink)
potpourri

cakewalk has got us on a subscription baxter ! :)  slowly dripping new  features in our veins  ,  it's worse than crack! :)
then they gonna charge us to send  us to the cakewalk rehab center  , aaargh   :)

http://youtu.be/WwylBRucU7w

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
sylent
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 309
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/25 19:37:37 (permalink)
CakeAlexS
potpourri

Ha Ha Ha!
Too funny!
"One girl threw-up her own pelvis bone before she snuffed her lid!"

http://twisteddrive.com
Windows 7 Pro 64, i5-3570k 3.40GHz, 32Gb ram, NVIDIA Quatro 4000, 2x SSD, 2x 2Tb Dedicated storage and misc high-capacity HHD Storage, Sonar Platinum, Adobe CS6 Master Suite, Misc 3D, video, audio software. Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56/octapre, Mackie MCU, other MIDI/control, rack effects, and more.
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 703
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/25 20:23:37 (permalink)
Jonness
What stands out to me in all this marketing hype is, as soon as you stop subscribing, you only own the prior version and the latest beta test version.

So, you think you should be able to not pay the full amount of the upgrade and get all the benefits those of us who do pay in full will receive?

Is that how it works with the loan on your car?  The mortgage on your house?

You get to stop paying and then own the car? The house?

If you do not like the convenience of paying 20 per month, pay in full in advance and you will not have to post examples of how you do not think before you write.

Why should anyone be getting anything free here?
lludwick
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/25 21:14:57 (permalink)
I do think the beta tester idea makes some sense. The pressure will be to get some changes out there to satisfy the subscriber's sense that they are getting their money's worth. The marketing people will push the poor overworked programmers to get the code out there quickly. Afterall a large subscription base is as good enough testing bed as any. As a programmer since 1980 (the glory days), I can tell you, I've been there and done that.
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/25 21:35:20 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mitch_I 2015/01/26 10:31:09
Jonness

A beta test is the process of releasing software that is in the final stages of development to a limited number of people for testing. A Release Candidate is one that is considered almost ready for commercial release. Each update will be considered ready for commercial release. As beta testing occurs prior to the release, the update is not part of a beta test.

Changes occur on a monthly basis. Suppose you start in January. If a bug appears, you have until next January to fix it. If you look over Cakewalk's bug fix lists with various versions, most of the important ones occur early in the cycle. The worst case scenario is that a bug occurs in the last month of your membership and you decide not to renew. However, Noel has said that if some nasty bug crops up a fix will be made available. You can question how generously that policy will be applied but you seem to forget the purpose of this program is to create satisfied and loyal customers. If showstopper bugs occur and these are not fixed in a timely manner, customers will not be satisfied and this works against the goal.

Also I'm not saying this is your opinion, but not everyone in these forums understands what a "bug" is. A bug is not an implementation you don't like of a feature that works. It is an implementation that has some flaw that impacts stability or performance.

Behind the scenes, the marketing folks understand, once you buy into the subscription, you will be locked in for life. You will always need future bug fixes for your latest beta test [sic] version. In order to stop subscribing, you would first have to identify the most stable point to rollback to. Cakewalk's goal to create a perfect piece of software at any one point in time will be shelved in favor of the hotdog on a stick approach.

I was not aware that Cakewalk had shelved its goal to create a more stable platform. Where did you get this information?

Hey, just pay for one more month, and you might get to a stable point that allows you to stop subscribing. Oh, you didn't get there yet, well just pay for one more month, ad nauseam.

All software evolves over time and SONAR is not exempt. I cannot think of any significant software in the music business that did not introduce updates and bug fixes over time. Some bug fixes are free. However, when a paid update is introduced, it's extremely rare that bug fixes are made available for versions that are no longer being sold. A paid or free upgrade does not guarantee bug-free performance, now or in the future.

As is, I'm going to hold off and continue to use my stable version of X3 for awhile. 

So apparently Cakewalk is capable of issuing stable releases suitable for making music. There is no reason to think this will change in the future.

There are people who will not buy a membership and will continue to use X3. They are not locked in to anything, let alone locked into something for life by evil marketing slime.

FYI there would not have been any new bug fixes for X3 if "X4" had appeared. If you wanted additional fixes you would have needed to move up to the next version.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/26 03:04:59 (permalink)
lludwick@nyc.rr.com
I do think the beta tester idea makes some sense. The pressure will be to get some changes out there to satisfy the subscriber's sense that they are getting their money's worth. The marketing people will push the poor overworked programmers to get the code out there quickly. Afterall a large subscription base is as good enough testing bed as any. As a programmer since 1980 (the glory days), I can tell you, I've been there and done that.

Having been a programmer since 1980, you surely know that many times software elements develop in parallel, software companies have feature roadmaps, and create milestones for these roadmaps. Cakewalk is no different from other software companies in that respect.

Note that Cakewalk reworked their entire installer to facilitate implementing updates on a monthly schedule in "bite-sized," modular chunks. The reaction to the CCC has been extremely positive. I think it makes more sense to consider that a harbinger of things to come rather than a one-off freak event.

It has been said repeatedly that one of the goals of doing monthly updates is to create a more stable platform, because features can be introduced and QAed one at a time. However, apparently this hasn't been said enough.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
musichoo
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 811
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/26 03:16:41 (permalink)
I must say CCC is a great success. I do appreciate downloading Sonar for only 300 MB. I still remember we used to download X1-2-3 for 6GB. 

Sonar Platinum. Win7 64bit. i7 CPU 4770. 14 Gig RAM. Roland A500Pro controller keyboard. Korg Krome 88. M-audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard, Focusrite 18i8, Roland UA25EX. Ivory II, True Piano, Addictive Keys, Synthmaster, Harmor, Zeta +2, Lounge Lizard 4, Geist, Miroslav 2, Sample Tank 3. Kaiser grand piano. Shure KSM137 x2. Wave's Renaissance and Gold. Breeze. ST3. Pianoteq 5. AD2.Aether Reverb, Dune2 , Reason 10 and Komplete 10 Ultimate, Syntronik, O8N2 adv, Studio one 3.5 Pro.

https://etherealpiano.bandcamp.com/
subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/26 06:52:24 (permalink)
Indeed, CCC is a good start. I hope it too will be continuously improved - personally I would really like to see a pause function, as my internet is iffy and some downloads are very big. In addition, more granularity in some of the bigger packages - for example, I'd really like to get the help files, but they seem to be bundled with the tutorials and associated content, which I never use. At the moment I can't see a way, at least within the CCC, to separate the two.

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/26 06:52:38 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joel77 2015/01/26 10:44:37
I can never quite understand the paranoia that pervades some of the posts here (I gather I'm not alone in this). The proposition that Cakewalk have finally perfected their evil scheme to lock us into a subscription that they will cleverly trick us into never giving up, by carefully maintaining an endless series of bugs and almost-there features... Hmm. I've honestly not seen a lot of evidence of this from them over the years.

Cakewalk are a business and need to make money, yes. That's the bottom line and it's silly to pretend otherwise. There is also obviously money to be made in music and audio software, otherwise the field would not be as competitive as it is and we wouldn't have the incredible array of amazing products that were unimaginable a few years ago (like some others here, I'm old enough to remember, and used to do this stuff the hard way).

But the key word in that sentence is *competitive*. Cakewalk have not been around for as long as they have because they are not able to deliver quality and value that compares favorably with their competitors' offerings. If they aren't able to make and maintain a product line that we users can rely on for serious audio work, and provide features and upgrades that make us happy, there are other companies who would love to have our money, and eventually they will get it.

So since any and all of us are free to take our couple of hundred beans a year to other companies, the onus is very much on Cakewalk to continue to be competitive, with solid stable products and innovative features. If they fail to do that, they will not be in business for long, and they've been in business long enough to know that. The new platform is their bid to continue doing it, and at the risk of repeating myself, to pretend otherwise seems paranoid and silly.

I also think it's absurd and disingenuous to posit them as being only concerned about money. If that were the case, there are lots of other ways to go about it - fields less crowded and competitive, with lower risk and better margins. No, I suspect they are people who care about music and audio, just like us, that's why they got into the business. They want to make a great product - well, they have made a great product, as most of us seem to agree, otherwise we wouldn't be here, and that doesn't happen by accident. They want and need to continue doing that. Making a massive investment in the product line, and introducing an innovative new business model and content delivery system, seems like a pretty crazy way to try to cash out. So why on earth would anyone assume that's what they're doing?

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
lludwick
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/26 09:24:06 (permalink)
Anderton

Having been a programmer since 1980, you surely know that many times software elements develop in parallel, software companies have feature roadmaps, and create milestones for these roadmaps. Cakewalk is no different from other software companies in that respect.

Note that Cakewalk reworked their entire installer to facilitate implementing updates on a monthly schedule in "bite-sized," modular chunks. The reaction to the CCC has been extremely positive. I think it makes more sense to consider that a harbinger of things to come rather than a one-off freak event.

It has been said repeatedly that one of the goals of doing monthly updates is to create a more stable platform, because features can be introduced and QAed one at a time. However, apparently this hasn't been said enough.

Don't mind me, I guess I am jaded from the decline in programming quality through these many years. When I started out, software was rigorously tested and releasing bugged software was a good way to find yourself looking for a new job. Through the years the attitude changed dramatically because the market became flooded with non-qualified programmers at bargain basement salary points mostly due to demand for bodies. True also software has become more complex, but I have seen enough horror under the hood in programs to understand why bugs are allowed to reach the public. It is really an economic issue, but there has always been a war between programmers and marketers.

As far as CW and Platinum and CCC, I have been happily eased of my neurotic concerns about software failure. Everything I depend on in Platinum and support for the plugins I use has worked without issue.
doyouwannit
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/26 12:12:08 (permalink)
liamflanagan
Hello Andrew/Cakewalk,

How can I upgrade from X3 Producer? I've been trying to with my new account and I get the full price with about £30 knocked off not the Intro price for the upgrade.
Also Command Center won't let me login using the details of my new account and I can't find my Serial Number for X3 Producer within my new account. Can you help me with this problem

Thank you

Liam

Liam, I had a similar problem, I couldn't even contact support. My problem was resolved by updating from ie9 to ie11
after that it was a breeze. Command centre wouldn't talk to ie9 at all.
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 703
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/26 16:49:29 (permalink)
CakeAlexS

Amazing what the English do for fun.

One of the best lines:
"It is made up of chemicals by sick bast...ds"
rwheeler
  • Total Posts : 89
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/27 06:48:31 (permalink)
Command center worked very well for current basic functionality. It downloads the files and installs the software. No need for me to enter a registration code or serial number. Software runs correctly first time. Smile. Much easier than last several upgrades. This will make updates during the year much easier.

Two improvement requests:
  1. I do agree with others that it would be useful for Command Center to allow us to select file destinations other than the default.
  2. At some point, it would be good to have the product list include previously purchased products along with the newly purchased products.

The “membership” restructuring is a positive. I buy a full upgrade, just like previous years, get a good handful of new functionality just like previous years, but now can also look forward to adding even more new functionality over the upcoming months without having to wait a year or more for another upgrade. Learning new features one (or a few?) at a time probably will help me understand and use them productively faster than when lumped into an annual upgrade.

For new customers the monthly payment option allows very a very affordable way to explore the full product up front. And Sonar becomes a fully-owned product after the first twelve payments (just like the ownership from payment up front). Cakewalk’s membership approach is different from and much better than the subscription-non-ownership approach used by Adobe for Creative Suite (Photoshop etc.) products. 
gbar
  • Total Posts : 44
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/27 14:25:45 (permalink)
Are there any plans to do something like VST expression in the piano roll view?

It would be nifty to assign CCs/values and note on values, at least, to labels/notation to select particular articulations with some VST instruments (I am thinking Kontakt orchestral instruments mostly).

Oh, and for the record, I do like the new pattern painter.  Very useful.
benvenisti
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/27 16:14:50 (permalink)
gbar

It would be nifty to assign CCs/values and note on values, at least, to labels/notation to select particular articulations with some VST instruments (I am thinking Kontakt orchestral instruments mostly).

Oh, and for the record, I do like the new pattern painter.  Very useful.

I second this. I find doing expressions in my scoring software, Overture, to be iffy. Some times I have to export the staves in MIDI and then import into Sonar (replicating the VSTs and effects) and manually edit controller settings. Then export as MIDI and load back into Overture and pray. Not very musical behavior. I'm open for ideas on how I might streamline this, if possible.

X3e Producer 64, Platinum 64, Cantabile 3, NI Ultimate 8; Roland A-500 Pro, MOTU 828 Mk II, Radikal SAC 2K; Notebook PC: Pro-Star P150SM, i7 4700MQ @ 3.4 Ghz, 32GB, 128GB + 480GB SSDs, 750GB HD, Nvidia GTX 770M, Windows 8.1, Mackie Big-Knob, NADY XA-900, Event 20/20's; SCOPE 5.1 Pro: HP XW4600, Q9400 2.66 Ghz, 8GB RAM, Seagate 2 TB SSHD, EVGA GeForce GT 610, EVGA PCIe Power Booster, , Windows 7 Pro, PowerPulsar, Pulsar2, Luna II w/ 24/96 I/O, MOTIF and TRITON racks via ADAT, Roland XV-5050, E-MU B-3, Proteus

http://www.soundassets.com
Splat
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/27 18:47:48 (permalink)
gbar

Check out the features and ideas forums..

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
uglykid
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/28 05:26:06 (permalink)
Guys, I have a problem!!!

Sonar Artist doesn't work with ROLAND TRI-CAPTURE, Is there anything I can do??? 

mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/28 05:29:34 (permalink)
Open up your own thread so people can help you there.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
benvenisti
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/28 09:50:13 (permalink)
uglykid
Guys, I have a problem!!!

Sonar Artist doesn't work with ROLAND TRI-CAPTURE, Is there anything I can do??? 

A quick Google search shows that it comes with SONAR X1 LE. That said it seems to me that it should work. I would post a new thread as mudgel suggests. Someone on the board may be able to help. Best of luck.

X3e Producer 64, Platinum 64, Cantabile 3, NI Ultimate 8; Roland A-500 Pro, MOTU 828 Mk II, Radikal SAC 2K; Notebook PC: Pro-Star P150SM, i7 4700MQ @ 3.4 Ghz, 32GB, 128GB + 480GB SSDs, 750GB HD, Nvidia GTX 770M, Windows 8.1, Mackie Big-Knob, NADY XA-900, Event 20/20's; SCOPE 5.1 Pro: HP XW4600, Q9400 2.66 Ghz, 8GB RAM, Seagate 2 TB SSHD, EVGA GeForce GT 610, EVGA PCIe Power Booster, , Windows 7 Pro, PowerPulsar, Pulsar2, Luna II w/ 24/96 I/O, MOTIF and TRITON racks via ADAT, Roland XV-5050, E-MU B-3, Proteus

http://www.soundassets.com
liamflanagan
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/28 14:47:43 (permalink)
Hello Andrew,

Thanks for getting back to me about my problem. I checked my account and my e-mail is registered with my account. I've also tried signing out, clicking on the e-mail link and then signing in, selecting the upgrade for $149 button and I still just get the £30 off not the Intro price. If I ring you will I get charged the international rate for the call?

Thanks

Liam

Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2819
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/29 12:25:41 (permalink)
Hi Andrew! Hi Cakewalk Staff!

I'm a very satisfied Sonar user and have no issues with paying $200/year to keep it that way, but there are 2 things that worry me (and I hope you can comment on this) ...
  • Several people have asked about the continued support for control surfaces, especially the VS-700 ... but there was no reply. Can we expect that you keep maintaining functionality of these control surface dlls and update them to comply when new features ??? This is where I would like to see my invested $200 go :-) all the recently added features are not so relevant to me (I'm happy with X3e ...)
  • Shorter release cycles imply less time for testing - I'm using Sonar in a professional environment and so far was very careful about which version to install when ... new features will have "side-effects", some do harm stability ... how do we know which version is mature enough for the pro-use as all will see new feature being added? Any place we can get a true list of known issues? I consider that equally important as the list of fixes (which BTW I haven't found for new Sonar yet)
Best regards,
Rob

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER
  +++   Visit the Rehab   +++

DAW: Platinum/X3e, win10 64 bit, i7-3930K (6x3.2GHz), Asus Sabertooth X79, 32 GB DDR3 1600MHz, ATI HD 5450, 120 GB SSD OCZ Agility3, 2x 1TB WD HDD SATA 600
Audio-Interface: 2x MOTU 1248 AVB, Focusrite OctoPre, (Roland Octa-Capture)   Control-Surface: VS-700C 
VSTi: WAVES, NI K10u, FabFilter, IK, ... (too many really) 
972swone
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/29 13:33:14 (permalink)
  • Several people have asked about the continued support for control surfaces, especially the VS-700 ... but there was no reply. Can we expect that you keep maintaining functionality of these control surface dlls and update them to comply when new features ??? This is where I would like to see my invested $200 go :-) all the recently added features are not so relevant to me (I'm happy with X3e ...)
  • Shorter release cycles imply less time for testing - I'm using Sonar in a professional environment and so far was very careful about which version to install when ... new features will have "side-effects", some do harm stability ... how do we know which version is mature enough for the pro-use as all will see new feature being added? Any place we can get a true list of known issues? I consider that equally important as the list of fixes (which BTW I haven't found for new Sonar yet)
UP PLz

Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2819
Re: Introducing the new SONAR: New lineup, new features, plus membership 2015/01/29 13:49:51 (permalink)
lludwick
Don't mind me, I guess I am jaded from the decline in programming quality through these many years. When I started out, software was rigorously tested and releasing bugged software was a good way to find yourself looking for a new job. Through the years the attitude changed dramatically because the market became flooded with non-qualified programmers at bargain basement salary points mostly due to demand for bodies. True also software has become more complex, but I have seen enough horror under the hood in programs to understand why bugs are allowed to reach the public. It is really an economic issue, but there has always been a war between programmers and marketers.

Thoughts likes these haunt me in my sleep ;-) and actually made me post my question ...

Seen my share of coding horror to believe in a stable version only if I had it in use for several weeks myself ...

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER
  +++   Visit the Rehab   +++

DAW: Platinum/X3e, win10 64 bit, i7-3930K (6x3.2GHz), Asus Sabertooth X79, 32 GB DDR3 1600MHz, ATI HD 5450, 120 GB SSD OCZ Agility3, 2x 1TB WD HDD SATA 600
Audio-Interface: 2x MOTU 1248 AVB, Focusrite OctoPre, (Roland Octa-Capture)   Control-Surface: VS-700C 
VSTi: WAVES, NI K10u, FabFilter, IK, ... (too many really) 
Page: << < ..4647484950 > Showing page 49 of 50
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1