Author
5MilesHigh
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 131
2015/01/28 01:30:59 (permalink)
4.5 (2)

The C3 desperately needs a pause and un-install option

Pause request:
Let's just start with a Pause option. My SonarPro DL took 12 hours (blame my ISP). It sure would have been nice to have been able to pause it when I needed to use my limited BW for something else. To be fair, C3 did have errors that terminated its DL process 3 times, but at least it could recognize and resume the DL's without starting over. So, a user option to pause should be a piece of cake, as they say. And it treats the multi-file DL as a monlithic task rather than showing status for the multiple files being processed. This is pretty deceptive since it only showed the size of the first file to be processed (~300MB) rather than the full size of the DL and it's needed storage space (~6GB's) plus whatever disk scratch space is needed for unpacking and installation. 

Re-install issues:
More significantly, since I always save my installer files (see the other thread about those issues), I'm used to being able to un-install, and then re-install to change the configuration and move stuff around depending on the HW config du jour and help all the DAWs play nicely together. This has saved my bacon across OS updates, new drive upgrades, etc many times in the past. I only want ONE Cakewalk dir and everything associated should be in that dir, just to make BUs feasible. As it is now, it's a mult-drv effort depending on where the AppProgram, AppData, and various VSTs, DXI's and instruments (not to mention their data files) got spread and that's aside from the Content and Projects Data locations. Hunting around for stuff is a real PITA. I just went through this again to re-install the VSF Proteus files for DimPro. I just want "One Directory to Rule Them All"! 

Uninstall request:
I no longer see an un-install option in my Win8.1/64 control panel for SonarPro! And, C3 offers only a re-install button, but it isn't clear if this will need a whole new DL. Even so, there is no way to just do an un-install to clean my system and then do a re-install from existing installer files (which get moved off to an external USB drive for archiving anyway). It probably gets even worse with the instruments spread across the various VST types and bit sizes (6 varieties to date) plus config data even some other place that isn't even selectable. At least I used to be able to un-install those and re-install them where and when I wanted. It isn't at all clear how this will be handled by C3.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1