Help appreciated! No sound, Not able to select Audio/Midi - Very frustrated

Author
TwoJudahs
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
2015/01/28 19:47:21 (permalink)

Help appreciated! No sound, Not able to select Audio/Midi - Very frustrated

I'm hoping someone out there can give me some very NEWBIE instructions on how to get everything I've got "talking" to each other.  Nothing is working.  I can't hear the sound from MC6(touch).   I can "see" some signal but it's not sounding. I'm not sure if I should have gotten that because I don't have a Touch computer) A long time ago, I bought Music Creator, like, 2 or something and it was my introduction to sequencing.  Liked it a lot.  Here I am at 6 and it's letting me down (and frustrating me) tremendously  HOWEVER, I would greatly appreciate some assistance so I can get on with creating the music.  Here's what I have.

Yamaha Motif 8 (classic)
Focusrite (Scarlett 2i4)
Music Creator 6Touch
Windows 8 PC

Thank you

1 Reply Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: Help appreciated! No sound, Not able to select Audio/Midi - Very frustrated 2015/01/29 09:38:10 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forum.
    Is the Motif connected to the MIDI ports or are you using USB?
    Is the signal you're 'seeing' audio or MIDI?
    Have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the Focusrite and your OS (32- or 64-bit)?
    If connected via USB, have you gotten Yamaha's latest drivers for your OS?
    Press 'P' on the computer keyboard. Under "audio", what is listed for input and output drivers, playback and record timing masters and driver mode?
    What are the inputs and outputs under "MIDI"?

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1