Multiple instruments

Author
Thecherrycrumble
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2015/01/29 14:42:16 (permalink)

Multiple instruments

Hello people, 

I just downloaded the demo version of Sonar 7 yesterday, so I'm pretty new in all this. I use a synthesizer with my pc, and I have one question : I would like to have one track where I play the piano and another track for some perscussions (in the end, both tracks have to 'play together'). My problem here is, when I play one track with the piano, and then the other one with the percussions, in the end, all tracks sound the same because I change it (to piano/percussions or basically anything else) via the synthesizer. Ok, this is difficult to explain... did anyone get it? :D 

Thanks a lot, 
Isis 

3 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Multiple instruments 2015/01/29 14:52:01 (permalink)
    AFAIK, there is no legitimate demo for SONAR 7, the product was discontinued around 2008. The current SONAR does not have a trial available at this time. One should be available soon.
    Thecherrycrumble
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Multiple instruments 2015/01/29 14:58:27 (permalink)
    Can't believe it... I've got a licence number for it on this very website ! 
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re: Multiple instruments 2015/01/29 15:20:40 (permalink)
    I doubt you got a license # on this site.  Cake has a serial number tied to your software.  That software has to be validated at the Cake store and you are in turn given a registration number you have to type in.  It is a two-step process.  Some people will "sale" SONAR (or MS Word, for example) and the serial # but unless you are registered online w/ that same # you can't authorize your software.

That doesn't sound like your problem w/ the synths.  Any synth needs to be set to its own track in SONAR and midi channel #.  If your hardware synth is polytimbrel  then you need 2 separate midi channels.  Drums are usually set to channel 10.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1