Some Session Drummer 2 Programs converted to Session Drummer 3

Author
tonedef
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 35
2013/03/10 16:04:46 (permalink)

Some Session Drummer 2 Programs converted to Session Drummer 3

This has probably been done before many times by others, but I thought I would share my files for those who do not feel like going through the effort themselves.

Basically I have converted the following Session Drummer 2 programs that were omitted from the Session Drummer 3 distribution into Session Drummer 3 programs:

6-8 Shuffle, Drum n' Bass, Hard Rock, Marley Reggae, Police Rock, Rock, Swing Jazz, and Train Brushes

Some additional tweaking may still be required, as the path to my Session Drummer 3 Contents folder (C:\audio\VstPlugins64\Session Drummer 3) is different from the standard installation of Session Drummer 3, but at least the majority of the work has been worked out for you already.

You can get download the converted programs from here: ConvertedSD2Programs.zip

Enjoy!

3 Replies Related Threads

Elffin
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1196
    Re:Some Session Drummer 2 Programs converted to Session Drummer 3 2013/03/17 05:12:30 (permalink)
    cool - thanks for this!!!!
    Elffin
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1196
    Re:Some Session Drummer 2 Programs converted to Session Drummer 3 2013/03/19 16:46:33 (permalink)
    Works great - thanks

One question - if I delete session drummer 2 files will they still work in Session drummer 3? or does the datat still reference files held in S2 folders?
    tonedef
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 35
    Re:Some Session Drummer 2 Programs converted to Session Drummer 3 2015/01/29 19:32:47 (permalink)
    ElffinOne question - if I delete session drummer 2 files will they still work in Session drummer 3? or does the datat still reference files held in S2 folders?

Sorry for the (ridiculously) late reply --  I never received any e-mail notifications that anyone had responded to my original post.

To answer your question, you should be able to delete your Session Drummer 2 files, because I modified the presets to point to files in a standard SD3 installation.  That said, however, the path to the Session Drummer 3 Contents folder that is stored in each of the .prog files is not the default location.  The paths for each program (all 57 of them) can actually be modified right inside of Session Drummer 3 -- sorry for the inconvenience, but at least all the work of remapping the WAV/SFZ locations from the SD2-centric structure to the SD3-centric structure has been done for you.

Cheers.
    ToneDeF
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1