Sonar Platinum Activation Issue

Author
BigChrizzle
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22
2015/01/28 01:26:37 (permalink)

Sonar Platinum Activation Issue

Hello all, I have just downloaded installed Sonar Platinum, and did the offline activation. The problem is it seems like when I go to Sonar Platinum again it seems to revert back to the demo mode, tell me it cannot save, and asks me to activate again. I go through the offline activation AGAIN, import the activation file again, and then it tells me to go to command center. I've had Sonar Platinum (year subscription) for about 2 weeks and this keeps happening. Has anyone else encounter this issue? Thoughts?

11 Replies Related Threads

John
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 30467
    Re: Sonar Platinum Activation Issue 2015/01/28 03:40:55 (permalink)
    Check to see if you have full admin privileges for Sonar under properties.  You should try running it as an administrator.  

Best
    John
    BigChrizzle
    • Total Posts : 22
    Re: Sonar Platinum Activation Issue 2015/01/29 02:30:07 (permalink)
    Hello John and thank you! I am running it under full administrator privileges and here again 24 hours later Sonar has reverted back to demo mode ad asking me to re-activate it again. I am hoping someone from cakewalk can assist with this.
    greatrockgod
    • Total Posts : 12
    Re: Sonar Platinum Activation Issue 2015/01/29 03:20:19 (permalink)
    I've had a similar issue.  I have a computer that is sometimes connected to the internet but not always, so sonar activated automatically initially. However, I am now using sonar and it reverted to demo mode without me noticing.  After hours of work I can now not save and now the little pop up keeps saying that sonar is running in demo mode. After connecting to the internet and trying to run the cakewalk command center, nothing happens.  Also, the option to activate offline has disappeared from the help menu after connecting to the internet and wont return if I disconnect again.  If I click the pop up that says sonar is running in demo mode it either takes me to a cakewalk webpage that is no longer there or to the offline activation page where I can not do anything from because I cant export a request file from within sonar.  This is very frustrating.  First of all, this why the whole membership thing is bull. I bought the software upfront with the full subscription, yet Command Center needs to continually check my subscription or else it converts my expensive software into demo mode? -- STUPID.  2nd, If sonar thinks I'm not connected to the internet, why does the "Activate Now" button that is on the pop up window that says "sonar is running in demo mode" take me to the internet website for offline activation??? The "Click here" button on the pop up that says "save is not allowed" takes me to a cakewalk site that says 404 not found.  Cakewalk, I took screenshots if you want them.  My software should work rearguards if i am connected to the internet or not.
    post edited by greatrockgod - 2015/01/29 03:37:38
    mudgel
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12010
    Re: Sonar Platinum Activation Issue 2015/01/29 04:06:43 (permalink)
    When you installed it, that is Command Centre, or if you installed Sonar without the Command Centre, did you right click the executable file ie the program file and select Run as Administrator. Being logged in as an administrator is not the same. Just explaining because many get caught out with this distinction.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
    PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
    Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
    Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
    Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
    Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
    Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
    TremoJem
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 479
    Re: Sonar Platinum Activation Issue 2015/01/29 07:02:47 (permalink)
    So, if I upgrade to Platinum...I download the files at the office (fast internet).

Then Cakewalk provides me with the activation code or whatever and then I go home and load files from external HD to desktop and then I type in activation code (offline activation, is what I think this is called) and that is it.

Will this work?

Do I have to re-connect to Cakewalk at home...are they going to keep insisting I check in to remain activated.

I don't use my DAW online.

What should I expect?

Purrrfect Audio LLC Pro Studio, Sonar X3e PE X64, Win7 Pro 64Bit - Dell Inspiron 1760, Sonar 7 PE X64, Win7 Pro 64Bit - iZotope Ozone 5 & Alloy 2 - MOTU Audio Express & 2 MOTU 8Pre - Glyph & Lacie External HDs - Roland A-800Pro - Mackie MR5mkIII - Shure - AKG - Sennheiser

Most importantly...not enough time.

www.studiocat.com
    jim@studiocat.com

Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 6475
    Re: Sonar Platinum Activation Issue 2015/01/29 08:27:33 (permalink)
    Hi folks,
    We'd like to troubleshoot this with you. In the about box next to the serial number there will be some numbers listed when you are in demo mode. Can you please list this info?

Noel Borthwick
    Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
    My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
    jimst57
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 151
    Re: Sonar Platinum Activation Issue 2015/01/29 08:35:01 (permalink)
    I had this problem once with some plugins. It turned out to be Windows UAC. I had to turn it off.
    If you're interested in trying it, go to the control panel and click on User Accounts. That screen should have a link to User Account Control. If you click it you can see if it's on or off.
    In my case it was on and preventing the registration of the plugin from writing to the registry.

Cakewalk Staff
    Re: Sonar Platinum Activation Issue 2015/01/29 09:05:39 (permalink)
    This should not be UAC related.

Noel Borthwick
    Cakewalk Staff
    Re: Sonar Platinum Activation Issue 2015/01/29 10:13:09 (permalink)
    Please call in to tech support and reference this thread If you have this issue and someone will help you. That will be the easiest...

Noel Borthwick
    mcdonalk
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 547
    Re: Sonar Platinum Activation Issue 2015/01/29 20:32:35 (permalink)
    Please post the outcome for this issue. I am waiting on a clear path for installing Sonar Platinum on an offline PC before I buy (introductory offer or no introductory offer).

thanks

Keith
    cpkoch
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 345
    Re: Sonar Platinum Activation Issue 2015/01/29 21:25:19 (permalink)
    BigChrizzle
    Hello all, I have just downloaded installed Sonar Platinum, and did the offline activation. The problem is it seems like when I go to Sonar Platinum again it seems to revert back to the demo mode, tell me it cannot save, and asks me to activate again. I go through the offline activation AGAIN, import the activation file again, and then it tells me to go to command center. I've had Sonar Platinum (year subscription) for about 2 weeks and this keeps happening. Has anyone else encounter this issue? Thoughts?

I had problems activating  (ONLINE) until I learned that what I thought was the Command Center was not the Command Center:  Below is what I posted last night!

The problem  has been resolved.  The source of the problem occupies  the same category as the following quote attributed to Robert McCloskey  ... “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”  It all has to do with the term"Welcome to the Cakewalk Command Center" 

As did many, I received that welcome. My "understanding of what I thought it said" was that I had entered the site called Cakewalk Command Center.  It was accompanied on the left by a list of software  that one gets packaged with Platinum.  Sonar Platinum was highlighted with a green button!  To the right of that green button and the list that followed ...  right below the paragraph heading "Get Started with Cakewalk Command Center"  ... were the options to Download or Watch Video.  The way I "read" it was that I could download Sonar Platinum! What was "meant"  was that I had the option to Download the Cakewalk Command Center package or watch a video describing it.  Since I had already downloaded Sonar Platinum and watched its promotional video I simply gave no thought to downloading or watching another promotional video.  In other words "Why bother?  I'm already in the Command Center site".  Finally after getting feedback from you  folks, I figured there must be something more to the CC than what I had been looking at. I decided to read closely, the "Getting started" message.  I finally realized what was meant by the bakers and found the correct Command Center. Of course, everything worked swimmingly from there on out! The whole issue, however, could have been avoided by simply making the "Download" option read "Download Command Center Here"  or "Download CCC" or  making really simple ..."Download CC"
     I know that the instructions were there all along but I, and I am sure many others,  tend to only quickly glance at stuff that appears to be irrelevant. Bottom line in this long winded epistle is a plea for ensuring that nebulous instructions don't make it past the quality control folks.  I assume that Cakewalk has such a group! 

Sonar Platinum, HP Z210 Desktop PC,  Windows 10  64 Bit, 12  GB RAM,  Steinberg UR22 Interface Unit,  M-Audio Keyboard Studio USB MIDI Keyboard, APEX-TK -Condenser Unidirectional MIC, Audio Technica AT2020 USB MIC

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1