I thought X3 was good but Platinum has made a difference.

Author
Grumbleweed_
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 915
2015/01/28 06:24:09 (permalink)

I thought X3 was good but Platinum has made a difference.

I was a pretty big fan of X3 (especially compared to some earlier versions). When I got my Saffire PRO 14 everything seemed okay with X3 but then I started exporting audio to listen in Windows Media Player and sometimes it played at high speed. If I then booted up Propellerhead's Reason (and closed it) it would reset the sample rate in the Saffire and it would play as it should. I also found I couldn't change the sample rate in Focusrite's MixControl even when all audio programs were off.
I put this down to the Saffire.
I also recently downloaded a free EQ and compressor from Focusrite (the Red series) and the VST3 compressor just made a horrible high pitch clang when a kick drum was put through it.
Anyhoo...
I now have Platinum and...ta da... I can export at 44.1 or 48 and the wav will play correctly, the Red Compressor compresses rather than clangs and I can adjust the sample rate in MixControl when nothing is using it.
I think X3 wasn't letting go of it's control of the Saffire even when it wasn't running.

Yay for Platinum

Grum.  

Grumbleweed on Soundcloud
Grumbleweed on Bandcamp
Grumbleweed on Soundclick

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), 3770K i7, 8 GB ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro 14, Cubase 9.5, Reason 10, CbB.

8 Replies Related Threads

Blackiejames7
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 69
    Re: I thought X3 was good but Platinum has made a difference. 2015/01/28 09:56:58 (permalink)
    I just installed Sonar Platinum and I have to say the new command center and download process worked very well.  There was one problem however and that is with the Dimension Pro.  It is not working and states missing files.  I have installed the new one that came with the Platinum bundle but it's not responding in previous projects.  The version that came with Platinum appears to have a different Serial number and Registration code but I cannot put those new numbers in when the info box appears, cannot delete the old serial number.  Has anyone experienced this ?  How do I get the latest Dimension Pro running ...
    Splat
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8672
    Re: I thought X3 was good but Platinum has made a difference. 2015/01/28 12:48:35 (permalink)
    Blackiejames7
    I just installed Sonar Platinum and I have to say the new command center and download process worked very well.  There was one problem however and that is with the Dimension Pro.  It is not working and states missing files.  I have installed the new one that came with the Platinum bundle but it's not responding in previous projects.  The version that came with Platinum appears to have a different Serial number and Registration code but I cannot put those new numbers in when the info box appears, cannot delete the old serial number.  Has anyone experienced this ?  How do I get the latest Dimension Pro running ...

All who wish to get answer this, please redirect here as Blackiejames7 has already created a thread:
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/Dimension-Pro-Not-Responding-m3161565.aspx

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
    @48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
    tecknot
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 766
    Re: I thought X3 was good but Platinum has made a difference. 2015/01/29 11:31:46 (permalink)
    Sans the new features, off the bat I like how I can now customize the Control Bar.  Just wish I could chose what controls to remove or add in each module, but this new change does make it much better.

Kind regards,

tecknot
    Grumbleweed_
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 915
    Re: I thought X3 was good but Platinum has made a difference. 2015/01/29 11:36:07 (permalink)
    tecknot
    Sans the new features, off the bat I like how I can now customize the Control Bar.  Just wish I could chose what controls to remove or add in each module, but this new change does make it much better.

Kind regards,

tecknot

I'm liking the Custom Module - I wish there were 12 slots but 9 are better than none at all.

Grum.

Grumbleweed on Soundcloud
    Grumbleweed on Bandcamp
    Grumbleweed on Soundclick

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), 3770K i7, 8 GB ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro 14, Cubase 9.5, Reason 10, CbB.
    musicroom
    Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2421
    Re: I thought X3 was good but Platinum has made a difference. 2015/01/29 11:50:39 (permalink)
    I like the changes. The custom module rocks along with minimizing less used modules. Mix recall is definitely a huge asset. Vocal sync is working much better than I expected. AD2 is great! I like that we now have ReMatrix, but I won't be changing my current go-to reverb choices.  I've yet to try audio snap, but it's on the list of things to do. The things I like the most about platinum are the performance improvements. Testing performance by dragging and dropping fx chains along with soft synths is fast and trouble free. All the normal audio processing I do is smoother and faster. Whatever they did under the hood is noticeable and much appreciated! 

Dave
    Songs

Drone7
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 199
    Re: I thought X3 was good but Platinum has made a difference. 2015/01/29 21:44:43 (permalink)
    Good news. Glad to hear it. Goodluck.

Looks like Cakewalk have been doing their homework, good to see they've made tangible progress on this front; i've never seen such consensus about any previous version of Sonar, happy campers all-around. Nice to hear.

DAW stability can inspire confidence and improve workrate and allow inspiration to flow-forth without hindrance.

Looks like the future is bright for Sonar users.

reza
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 262
    Re: I thought X3 was good but Platinum has made a difference. 2015/01/30 02:48:53 (permalink)
    Drone7
    Good news. Glad to hear it. Goodluck.

Looks like Cakewalk have been doing their homework, good to see they've made tangible progress on this front; i've never seen such consensus about any previous version of Sonar, happy campers all-around. Nice to hear.

DAW stability can inspire confidence and improve workrate and allow inspiration to flow-forth without hindrance.

Looks like the future is bright for Sonar users.

Yes I am agree but it would be awesome if one day sonar could run on MAC OS too. 
    Bristol_Jonesey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16775
    Re: I thought X3 was good but Platinum has made a difference. 2015/01/30 05:08:21 (permalink)
    The Grumbleweed
    tecknot

Kind regards,

tecknot

I'm liking the Custom Module - I wish there were 12 slots but 9 are better than none at all.

Grum.

Yes, I've filled all 9 in lieu of certain custom key bindings I originally set up in 8.5.

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
    Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1