Helpful ReplySOLVED: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of digital mixer due to hidden MIDI loop

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2819
2015/01/29 11:25:48 (permalink)

SOLVED: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of digital mixer due to hidden MIDI loop

Hi!

I had a strange problem at the last show which totally puzzles me. Any kind of feedback that may help me to track this down to its root is highly appreciated.  I also posted this at the X32 forum, but since I used 2 different X32 makes with identical results and only swapping the DAW solved it, I thought I pick the brains of you guys as I'm desperate for ideas on what may have caused this ...

Here's the setup description and a sequence of what happened:

- we utilize an X32 rack digital mixer + S16 snake
- the X32 is hooked-up to a DAW (Sonar) run on a WINDOWS 8.1 tablet PC, which feeds 6 - 8 mono backup tracks to run along with the live show
- the system is thoroughly tested, all behind Furman power conditioners, been used several times before without any issues ...

- no issues during regular sound-check (approx. 1 hour) i.e. DAW turned off ...
- no issues when sending 2 channel audio from media player (several songs play back OK)

- HOWEVER, when running Sonar play-back, X32 RACK REBOOTS reproducibly about 1 - 1.5 minutes into the playback (it lists some *.cpp file at the bottom of the X32 display and the reboots)
- swapping the X32 rack to the backup X32 compact immediately causes the same situation (hence, no X32 hardware issue suspected)
- using different power supply DID NOT change the behaviour (still crashes about the same time)
- a problem due to USB transfer from PC to X32 is suspected ... running PC in airplane mode does not change anything, running it off the battery, does not help either ...

- EVENTUALLY, we changed to the backup DAW (which is a desktop WIN7 64 bit PC housed completely inside a metal housing, aslo running Sonar X3e) it ALL WORKED AS ALWAYS i.e. the entire show runs without a glitch (no reboots, no problems, ...)

- AND EVEN MORE STRANGE: when brought back to the studio, the same setup with the WINDOWS 8 tablet works perfectly in an extensive long time test ...

Although I can't be 100% sure that it's not a power supply issue, I suspect it's not (because it worked before and after), but it doesn't work/reboots when some strange signal comes across the USB connection (???), which also strange as the DAW didn't report any drop-outs ...

Any thoughts what may be causing this???

Many thanks in advance.
post edited by FreeFlyBertl - 2015/03/16 13:58:20

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER
  +++   Visit the Rehab   +++

DAW: Platinum/X3e, win10 64 bit, i7-3930K (6x3.2GHz), Asus Sabertooth X79, 32 GB DDR3 1600MHz, ATI HD 5450, 120 GB SSD OCZ Agility3, 2x 1TB WD HDD SATA 600
Audio-Interface: 2x MOTU 1248 AVB, Focusrite OctoPre, (Roland Octa-Capture)   Control-Surface: VS-700C 
VSTi: WAVES, NI K10u, FabFilter, IK, ... (too many really) 
brundlefly
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14250
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/29 12:21:18 (permalink)
When you say "X32 Rack Reboots" are you saying the firmware in the hardware module was restarting or the software mixer app was restarting or...? Was the laptop ever rebooted at the show site? If not, and if it was subsequently rebooted before you re-tested at home, it sounds like maybe the area of RAM the X32 mixer software was using got into a bad state, and was not getting properly re-initialized with each restart software).

SONAR Platinum x64, 2x MOTU 2408/PCIe-424  (24-bit, 48kHz)
Win10, I7-6700K @ 4.0GHz, 24GB DDR4, 2TB HDD, 32GB SSD Cache, GeForce GTX 750Ti, 2x 24" 16:10 IPS Monitors
StarTekh
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2007
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/29 12:28:48 (permalink)
Berti : This is a good issue !  1st thing that comes to mind is Hydro/AC power .. if you only knew how many time's the Light Dimmers took out a HDR ! To help you fully we will need the make and model of the Laptop running 8.1 and clear device chain ...how are things hooked up !

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X32-RACK.aspx

tellme your running this driver and firewire :  Firewire Driver 6.13.0 (July-09-2013)

Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/29 12:36:13 (permalink)
when I say "X32 rack reboots" I actually mean that the digital mixer (=audio interface) reboots (firmware restarts as after a power out), but the reboot must be due to some internal failure (X32 displays a debug message of some cpp routine) ... the laptop is unaffected but of course loses connection to the audio device and hence Sonar stops a few seconds later and prompts for what to do ...

every involved component was of course rebooted (several times) on site ...

it was rebooted back home (but no other changes) and it worked again ...

I had taken the X32 completely off power for a short while to ensure clean reboot, so X32 mixer software should be properly re-initialized (and the backup X32 compact did likewise first time it was hooked up) ...

I wonder if something onsite (other than dirty power supply) could affect this ... e.g. the DJ rack was rather close by and used wireless connection to installed speakers (but I may be shooting in the dark here as I running out of ideas on what else it could have been ...)

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER

DAW: Platinum/X3e, win10 64 bit, i7-3930K (6x3.2GHz), Asus Sabertooth X79, 32 GB DDR3 1600MHz, ATI HD 5450, 120 GB SSD OCZ Agility3, 2x 1TB WD HDD SATA 600
Audio-Interface: 2x MOTU 1248 AVB, Focusrite OctoPre, (Roland Octa-Capture)   Control-Surface: VS-700C 
Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/29 12:43:11 (permalink)
Not fully following all that (too advanced for me) but just on the off chance this points you in the right direction...

Do you happen to be using a longer USB cable or a USB hub on stage? Their is a max length for that stuff to work reliably and the issue does sound like what would happen if the USB connection is dropped from excessive signal travel time.

I think there are cables/hubs that solve it (repeaters?) that boost the signal for long runs but I've only done minimal reading on that. Cheap hubs can cause the same thing to happen as well.

Sorry if that is way off the mark or dumb.

Good luck.
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/29 12:45:55 (permalink)
StarTekh
Berti : This is a good issue !  1st thing that comes to mind is Hydro/AC power .. if you only knew how many time's the Light Dimmers took out a HDR ! To help you fully we will need the make and model of the Laptop running 8.1 and clear device chain ...how are things hooked up !

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X32-RACK.aspx

tellme your running this driver and firewire :  Firewire Driver 6.13.0 (July-09-2013)

thanks for the reply :-)

I'm not using the firewire driver - it's all USB (X-USB Card PC Driver 2.23 and Firmware V10 update (July-09-2014))

Laptop: Acer Tablet ICONIA W700, i5-3337U @ 1.8 GHz w/ SSD drive 4GB RAM WIN8.1 64bit

Device Chain: Acer Tablet => USB => X32 rack (@XUSB USB2.0 port) => LAN => S16 Snake

all other connections via XLR into S16 snake, except X32 MIDI OUT into LINE6 POD X3 Pro (to change bass sounds along with X32 scene changes)

X32 rack is hooked up to WiFi router biuld into rack for remote access with an Android tablet

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER

Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/29 12:50:35 (permalink)
Beepster
Do you happen to be using a longer USB cable or a USB hub on stage? Their is a max length for that stuff to work reliably and the issue does sound like what would happen if the USB connection is dropped from excessive signal travel time.

I think there are cables/hubs that solve it (repeaters?) that boost the signal for long runs but I've only done minimal reading on that. Cheap hubs can cause the same thing to happen as well.

Good point, Beepster.

It indeed runs through a USB hub and through an 8m USB cable (with a build in repeater of some sort) ... could this long USB cable see some sort of interference from signals we haven't had in other places???

YET, since we have a backup of virtually every component we need (even a spare mixer), we hooked it up the short way i.e. Acer Tablet => 1.5 m USB cable => backup X32 mixer and got an identical situation ...

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER

Beepster
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/29 12:51:32 (permalink)
Also maybe there is a vibration thing going on live that is not present in your test environment messing with the drives. Unfortunately Sonar is rather fragile and doesn't seem to handle any slight signal farts as well as certain other programs which is why I'd be hesitant to use it live. If I did I think I'd try to get some kind of Toughbook or something going on or maybe build a shock resistant rackmount setup but that is obviously costly and harder to screw with.
StarTekh
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/29 12:52:50 (permalink)
isolated power supply ! and if the club lacks power and its grid is taxed .. good luck !

Beepster
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/29 12:56:43 (permalink)
FreeFlyBertl
Beepster

Good point, Beepster.

It indeed runs through a USB hub and through an 8m USB cable (with a build in repeater of some sort) ... could this long USB cable see some sort of interference from signals we haven't had in other places???

YET, since we have a backup of virtually every component we need (even a spare mixer), we hooked it up the short way i.e. Acer Tablet => 1.5 m USB cable => backup X32 mixer and got an identical situation ...

Oh yeah... I'm no electronics genie ass but I could definitely see an interference thing going on. Not sure whether they sell hyper shielded cables but really I'd look at the cable/hub first. Was any of that stuff close to power sources on stage? I've found a lot of clubs have dirty/screwy stage power. It's annoying.

Heck, maybe even wacky lighting schemes were screwing with it. But with what I think you described as a timed frequency of drops it probably is just struggling to stay connected. Lots of info on the net about that kind of thing. Sorry I don't have any links handy.

Cheers.
Beepster
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/29 12:59:43 (permalink)
And I'm not certain but I think this is the type of thing bitflipper would be able to provide actual advice on (as opposed to me who is having a hard time even formulating coherent sentence on the matter).
Beepster
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/29 13:02:37 (permalink)
Hmm... I'm wondering (and you probably metioned this) maybe there are actual power fluctuations to the hub/devices/etc (again dirty stage power). Maybe a UPS/power conditioning device could help.

Again... totally pulling this out of my butt (edit: or I subliminally stole StarTek's answer).

Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/29 13:04:27 (permalink)
hey, thanks again ... that's why I came here to ask :-) lots of great people with helpful ideas :-)

Now we need bitflipper

bit where art thou?

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER

Beepster
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/29 13:07:14 (permalink)
He's usually hangin' in the Techniques section and actually I think this is a good topic for that sub forum. Maybe falg a Host to move it or repost (although that may qualify as "crossposting" which I guess is technical a no-no... even though I'm guilty of it on occasion).
robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/29 15:33:34 (permalink)
I wonder if you are plugged into a USB 3 port?  Some interfaces freak if they aren't using USB 2 ports.

Also, something else to consider, though this shouldn't do anything but cause drop outs and crackles and such, MANY people have trouble with Sonar audio streaming because of Wi-Fi adapters/drivers really spiking DPC latency.  

I don't know that you can get consistent and trouble free operation of a streaming audio application, such as Sonar, when a Wi-Fi adapter or its drivers are enabled in Windows.

Lots of folks explicitly either find a physical switch or function key to turn their Wi-Fi adapters off prior to launching Sonar, or they go into Windows Device Manager and disable the Wi-Fi adapter THEN launch Sonar, turning on or enabling the Wi-Fi adapters only AFTER finishing with their Sonar sessions.

You can use LatencyMon to check DPC latency spiking caused by Wi-Fi adapter presence in Windows 8.1, and also see if anything else could cause performance troubles with DPC latency.  Download LatencyMon at this link:

http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Again, the Wi-Fi adapter potential for causing performance issues shouldn't (to the best of my knowledge), cause system crashes, just potentially bad audio streaming performance.  I just thought I would mention it because you indicated above that you are using Wi-Fi.

Is there any evidence of errors in the Windows Event log?  (Windows Event Viewer can shed light on that).

Also, are there any Sonar crashes where a crash log could be sent to Cakewalk for analysis?

And, is there any chance you have your Windows Default Audio Device set to point at your audio interface, potentially conflicting with Sonar for ASIO drivers?

Lastly, any chance of a Sample Rate mismatch between Sonar and your audio interface?

X3e just doesn't crash that regularly for the vast majority of folks, unless some outside influence is involved - meaning local to that system/environment/settings.

Maybe you have some issues with 32-bit plugins in a 64-bit Sonar?  Have you checked for this?
Many folks have completely and deliberately moved away from having any 3rd-party 32-bit plugins loaded into a 64-bit Sonar, because of too many flaky failures and weirdness/instability.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/29 16:46:52 (permalink)
Thanks, Bob for trying to help :-)

Yet this is probably none of the issues you have spoken about ... as Sonar did not crash (it was the audio interface that was receiving something from Sonar that it didn't like and hence decided to reboot) ...

It also happened with the tablet PC in airplane mode i.e. all external connections / adapters turned off (blue tooth, WIFI, ...)

Sample rate is at 44.1 kHz, no 32 bit plugs installed (there isn't even a single plug-in used as Sonar only plays back 2 - 8 monotracks and sends them unprocessed to different channels of the mixer) ...

Anyway, any suggstion that will make me think about something I haven't thought about yet is much appreciated.

Thanks, Rob

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER

StarTekh
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/29 19:50:23 (permalink)
Bertl: See the firmware is updated on the x32...Please post the make and model of the laptop.
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/30 08:56:57 (permalink)
StarTekh
Bertl: See the firmware is updated on the x32...Please post the make and model of the laptop.

Had listed it above ... but here it is again ...

Laptop: Acer Tablet ICONIA W700, i5-3337U @ 1.8 GHz w/ SSD drive 4GB RAM WIN8.1 64bit

Device Chain: Acer Tablet => USB => X32 rack (@XUSB USB2.0 port) => LAN => S16 Snake

all other connections via XLR into S16 snake, except X32 MIDI OUT into LINE6 POD X3 Pro (to change bass sounds along with X32 scene changes)

X32 rack is hooked up to WiFi router biuld into rack for remote access with an Android tablet

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER

Splat
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/30 10:13:00 (permalink)
FreeFlyBertl
- AND EVEN MORE STRANGE: when brought back to the studio, the same setup with the WINDOWS 8 tablet works perfectly in an extensive long time test ...

- EVENTUALLY, we changed to the backup DAW (which is a desktop WIN7 64 bit PC housed completely inside a metal housing, aslo running Sonar X3e) it ALL WORKED AS ALWAYS i.e. the entire show runs without a glitch (no reboots, no problems, ...)

FreeFlyBertl

So it looks like the machine.

As a matter of routine I would do the following:

Do a full backup.
* Upgrade to X3E (you are running X3C according to your footer).
* Run windows update several times, get most of the optional updates installed as well.
* Update firmware and drivers of X32 to latest (I know you appear to have ruled this out but would do this anyway).

More importantly...

* Update your motherboard BIOS
* Run Intel driver update, get your chipset updated:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/30 10:49:35 (permalink)
from what you've posted, i think i'd be looking at the environment differences - power supply, networking etc - any way you can get back to the venue and try and reproduce?
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/30 12:17:23 (permalink)
CakeAlexS
* Upgrade to X3E (you are running X3C according to your footer).
* Run windows update several times, get most of the optional updates installed as well.
* Update firmware and drivers of X32 to latest (I know you appear to have ruled this out but would do this anyway).

More importantly...

* Update your motherboard BIOS
* Run Intel driver update, get your chipset updated:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Thanks ... but apart from the footer everything is up to date (Sonar X3e, Win8.1, X32 firmware) ... as new as it can get & put through extensive testing before the show ...

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER

Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/30 12:18:55 (permalink)
pwalpwal
from what you've posted, i think i'd be looking at the environment differences - power supply, networking etc - any way you can get back to the venue and try and reproduce?

yeah ... that might be the thing to do ... same rig, plus UPS to see if it would solve it ... and if, not at least get some Guiness on draft for further inspiration :-)

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER

Splat
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/30 12:22:19 (permalink)
Sorry to ask again but...

What about motherboard BIOS and Intel driver update?
Make sure you have the latest chipset drivers.

Cheers...

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
einstein36
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 511
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/30 12:24:47 (permalink)
FreeFlyBertl
Thanks, Bob for trying to help :-)

Yet this is probably none of the issues you have spoken about ... as Sonar did not crash (it was the audio interface that was receiving something from Sonar that it didn't like and hence decided to reboot) ...

It also happened with the tablet PC in airplane mode i.e. all external connections / adapters turned off (blue tooth, WIFI, ...)

Sample rate is at 44.1 kHz, no 32 bit plugs installed (there isn't even a single plug-in used as Sonar only plays back 2 - 8 monotracks and sends them unprocessed to different channels of the mixer) ...

Anyway, any suggstion that will make me think about something I haven't thought about yet is much appreciated.

Thanks, Rob

Hi there,
being a pc technician, I have seen this happen quite often, esp. with laptops that don't have the power to fully power the usb ports and was wondering, this usb hub you said you are using, is it passive or powered.....if you are using a passive hub(not powered by a actual ac adapter) then I would suggest swiping it out to a powered usb hub.
It sounds like to me, the mixer is not getting enough juice to stay powered up through the usb and by what Robert said, try plugging it into a usb 3.0 which has more of a power output than the older speced usb 2.0 and below....
I hope this helps...

Twitter: ImagineerR
Facebook: www.facebook.com/einstein36

Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/30 12:33:12 (permalink)
CakeAlexS
Sorry to ask again but...

What about motherboard BIOS and Intel driver update?
Make sure you have the latest chipset drivers.

Cheers...

no worries, mate ;-)

just checked with the Intel Driver Update Utility ... all up to date (only lists an available HD Graphics Driver Update ... which I may run later ... but that can't really be of importance in my particlular problem ...)

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER

Beepster
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/30 13:30:14 (permalink)
So I'm guessing you won't be able to give this all a real test until your next gig but if you remember I'd be interested to get an update as to whether you get it working and what you changed. Also I guess if the problem is somehow being induced by the venue power or something I'm wondering if that will be a constant in the equation (as in if you try this stuff out in the same club using the same power source).

Anyway to continue the USB train of thought (and this may have been covered)... you have optimized your USB ports to use the highest performance settings within the Windows Power Management options, right? Windows by default is usually set to power down USB ports and all sort of other crap which can cause these types of dropped signals when doing streaming tasks like audio and video. Laptops especially have these power saving schemes going on. Check the hard drives to to make sure they are always staying powered on. Not sure if that is even a problem with SSDs because I've never used one but perhaps.

Cheers.
StarTekh
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/30 14:20:55 (permalink)
Bertl : when you posted : just checked with the Intel Driver Update Utility <   A red light went off , your support for that unit is not at Intel its here :

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Note : its not the latest chipset driver or other drivers... you require  ..but in fact the right ones !
Win8-64
IntelChipset Driver9.3.0.10212.9 MB2012/10/3
WIN8.1 64bit  ... 
ChipsetIntelChipset Driver9.4.0.10265.3 MB2013/10/12
Notwithstanding there are from 2012/13 they are the correct drivers known to be stable on your unit
post edited by StarTekh - 2015/01/30 21:38:33
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/30 14:29:32 (permalink)
FreeFlyBertl
yeah ... that might be the thing to do ... same rig, plus UPS to see if it would solve it ... and if, not at least get some Guiness on draft for further inspiration :-)

sounds like a plan! good luck
Splat
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/30 14:37:45 (permalink)
StarTekh
Bertl : when you posted : just checked with the Intel Driver Update Utility <   A red light went off , your support for that unit is not at Intel its here :

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Note : its not the latest chipset driver or other drivers... you require  ..but in fact the right ones !
IntelChipset Driver9.3.0.10212.9 MB2012/10/3
Notwithstanding there are from 2012 they are the correct drivers known to be stable on your unit

In fact it's both. Acer simply copies the Intel drivers from the Intel site to their site so often it isn't up to date as Intel.
Intel driver update website should have the latest Intel drivers inc chipset (assuming it is an Intel chipset).

Acer will also have drivers for other third party peripherals which are often more up to date on other third party manufacturers website (again Acer just distributes them). The only thing unique to the Acer site as far as downloads concerned is the BIOS as often it is custom built for the machine's motherboard. You don't get BIOS downloads via Intel autoupdate.

As long as you use automatic detect on the Intel site you shouldn't go wrong and you will have the latest Intel stuff. Acer may supply additional drivers (may not be the latest) and is the best source for getting the latest BIOS.

Cheers..

Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Re: Sonar X3e used LIVE causes reboots of audio interface / digital mixer 2015/01/31 09:42:33 (permalink)
Once again, thanks for all the help :-)

I meanwhile also did the BIOS update just to be on the safe side ... and verified agains Acer website that the rest is indeed up to date ... thanks for all those links to guide me where to find the right drivers

Rob

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1