Magma

Author
Moshkito
Max Output Level: -37.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3765
2015/01/30 22:42:25 (permalink)

Magma

Hi,

While this is not something for everyone, and I'm not sure that it would help telling folks here, MAGMA, the legendary band is doing a small tour in the States. 

They are starting in Seattle, will be in Portland 04/04 and then in LA 04/06

If you come to see this, it is a once in a lifetime thing, and it is special, and not something that you are normally used to catching. I will bet the show in LA will be sold out, if you don't jump on it quick, for example.

Check out a couple of spots on that one Tube and enjoy it ... a hardcore drummer, that spends almost an hour nailing down his drums for the show ... as was the case in the show I caught them on their first American tour in San Francisco 1999. They got a standing ovation. 

There are few things that only come once in a lifetime ... this is one of them!

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 

7 Replies Related Threads

Rain
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9736
    Re: Magma 2015/01/30 23:57:37 (permalink)
    Hadn't heard that name in decades!

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
    sharke
    • Total Posts : 13933
    Re: Magma 2015/01/31 00:33:15 (permalink)
    To be honest I find their early stuff a trifle heavy and rich for my tastes, but I love their album "Merci" from 1984. I had "Do The Music" on heavy rotation a few years ago. They are obviously a very diverse and versatile band. 

James
    Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
    Moshkito
    Re: Magma 2015/02/03 17:01:39 (permalink)
    Hi,

Their concert in SF on the Progressive Music Festival, was phenomenal, and they got a standing ovation!

When you listen to a LP or CD of this stuff, it's one of those things that you think that it can't be done on stage because it is insane and the lyrics are not words as we know it ... and yet ... there is was ... complete ... and amazing!

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
    bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re: Magma 2015/02/03 17:03:46 (permalink)
    Moshkito
    Hi,
    Their concert in SF on the Progressive Music Festival, was phenomenal, and they got a standing ovation!

I have not been at any concert ion the last 30 years that did not get a (or at least one) standing ovation.

That even includes Flo and Eddie.
    Moshkito
    Re: Magma 2015/02/05 13:14:04 (permalink)
    bapu
    Moshkito
    Hi,

I have not been at any concert ion the last 30 years that did not get a (or at least one) standing ovation.

Considering how well known they are in Europe, and that this was (1999) their very first American show, the 15 minute ovation had Christian Vander in tears.

But this is not a show for this board ... it doesn't have a guitar ... the last one just had a bass, a piano and drums! And there it was in all its glory. I think they have a couple more folks with them this time, and I have not seen the line up listing ... but if you are looking for a guitar solo, please leave after going to the latrine! You would not be "here" for an experience that you will never have again in your life!

Those are few and far in between, and opportunities do not knock on one's door many times!

Enjoy it while you can. The last time I said this was to someone that thought that Misha was stupid and couldn't dance! She regrets having missed him, after seeing him in "White Knights"!

UbiquitousBubba
    • Total Posts : 8912
    Re: Magma 2015/02/05 14:50:06 (permalink)
    bapu
    Moshkito
    Hi,

I have.

It was one of mine. :(
    Moshkito
    Re: Magma 2015/02/12 10:02:24 (permalink)
    UbiquitousBubba
    bapu

I have.

It was one of mine. :(

Good thing I never bothered with those two. 200 Motels was quite enough, thank you!

Still a great movie and totally innovative, which some Fred's here could use once in a while in their bathtub!

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1