One unanswerewed question about Subscription

Author
lludwick
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 74
2015/01/30 12:14:45 (permalink)

One unanswerewed question about Subscription

I asked this question before, but with all the posting madness, I have not seen an answer anywhere.

I know I saw something about billing for the monthly subscription which said that each month the subscriber would be automatically billed for the monthly amount. I wondered would this be perpetual in the sense that at the end of the 12th months would a member continue to be billed for a 13th month and so on? This would mean that a member would have to be aware of the 12th month point and remember to cancel if that was their desire.

In the same sense, since I paid for the lump sum through Paypal. At the end of the lump sum period of 12 months, will I automatically be billed for another 12 month lump sum payment? This is very important. I am not likely to end my subscription, but I would like to know I will have the option to reconsider the next payment which will be $199 for Platinum.

I think it would be preferable to be notified before the end of a 12 month segment whether it was lump sum or monthly if I am about to be charged for another cycle. I belong to several pay sites that have annual fees. All of these sites give me notice the month before that I am about to be charged so that I can make an informed decision about continuing the service.

I have not seen any official statement from CW or seen this mentioned in any faq. The statement in the post about the monthly subscription was only that the next payment would be automatically charged. The person who asked said they paid for the first with Paypal, but did not see CW listed in the recurring payment section of Paypal.

Larry Ludwick

My Music on Soundclick:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=823722

7 Replies Related Threads

Splat
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8672
    Re: One unanswerewed question about Subscription 2015/01/30 12:20:24 (permalink)
    I think this implies auto billing is off:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Membership

What happens when my SONAR Membership ends?

Once you've paid for 12 months of Membership (either up-front or monthly), you own SONAR and all updates received during your Membership period. You can then choose one of the following:
    a) Let your Membership lapse, and receive no further membership benefits.
    b) Continue paying monthly. Membership auto-renews at the Renewal rate.
    c) Pay up-front for 12 more months of Membership at the Renewal rate.

If I let my Membership expire after 12 months, can I renew it again later?

Yes, you can come back any time and pay the Renewal rate. If you choose to renew Monthly payments, you will need to complete an additional 12 consecutive months to permanently activate the latest update you have received.

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
    @48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
    lludwick
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 74
    Re: One unanswerewed question about Subscription 2015/01/30 13:21:48 (permalink)
    I guess I really want to know how the end of the cycle will be handled.

With many of my internet controlled subscriptions, I will usually receive a notice in this form: Your annual subscription will be charged on such-and-such a date. If you choose to renew do nothing and you will be billed at your credit card on file. If you do not wish to renew, please login in and cancel your subscription before this date.

I am just wondering how CW will handle this. If they give the same type of notification, I will be very happy. CW must have thought of how this is going to occur. Not contacting a user is a sure way to have lapsed memberships because many users are unaware of their end dates especially on annual subscriptions. I did have one site that was very expensive and they charged me without notice at the end of year. When I contacted them, they said it was up to me to notify them before the charge was applied, however, they did allow me to cancel the subscription.

Just being my compulsive self wanting all the minute details

Larry Ludwick

My Music on Soundclick:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=823722

Splat
    • Total Posts : 8672
    Re: One unanswerewed question about Subscription 2015/01/30 13:24:42 (permalink)
    This is more of a store question so I'll throw it there..

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
    @48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
    Cactus Music
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: One unanswerewed question about Subscription 2015/01/31 11:46:23 (permalink)
    You sound like your worried that they will take your money without asking when the year is up. 
    That's not how it works. I just bought the year and there was no option for an automatic payment next year. I guess that's an option for the monthly payments only. And at any time that can be stopped. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

MorlokVonGrimorog
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: One unanswerewed question about Subscription 2016/05/05 01:07:38 (permalink)
    I just paid for my 12th month and cancelled my subscription. I also sent them an email to cleverbridge stating that I was going to do so but I expected to have no problems with my software being put into demo mode or suddenly having a bunch of bugs. I have done my part....I should be safe....right?
    Adji
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 443
    Re: One unanswerewed question about Subscription 2016/05/23 05:22:45 (permalink)
    If you do not cancel after the 12th month I'm 99 per cent certain it will automatically being charging you again. The type of payment set up is what is called a continuous authority transaction under Visa rules. I used to work in chargebacks for a bank so have lots of experience with this type of payment.
    Cakewalk are a genuine company though so there is no need for concern.
    I have just signed up for another year of monthly payments (after paying for my first year in full) so I cna assure you there is nothing untoward.

Sonar Professional
    Windows 8.1
    Intel Hex Core i7 5820k 
    32Gig DDR4 RAM

Snehankur
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 507
    Re: One unanswerewed question about Subscription 2016/05/23 13:14:13 (permalink)
    Is it now $159?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1