Addictive Drums 2 Registration Issue

Author
Ricebug
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 181
2015/02/10 13:46:07 (permalink)

Addictive Drums 2 Registration Issue

AD2 came with my upgrade to Sonar Platinum. I've opened it up in Sonar, and all the modules must be purchased. So, not much of a deal if one has to spend $90 for each kit. I would assume that pasting that registration code somewhere would unlock them, but I can't find anywhere to register within the software.

Sonar Platinum / AMD 5 ghz 8-core CPU w/8 GB RAM / nVidia GTX-780 graphics / Roland A-500Pro MIDI keyboard / Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 interface / Komplete 9 Ultimate / Melodyne Essential / Digitech Vocalist Live Pro/ Roland MSGS synth module / Rode NT2 microphone / an understanding wife

3 Replies Related Threads

Mesh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 27360
    Re: Addictive Drums 2 Registration Issue 2015/02/10 14:44:25 (permalink)
    Rice, you first have to set up an account at XLN Audio, and after logging into your account, you can use the registration code.

You will then also have to install XLN Audio's Installer on your PC: http://www.xlnaudio.com/support  

Once you do both of those steps and then run the installer, your registered products will show up and will likely get updated immediately.

Your midipacks won't be shown in the installer, but will be seen inside the actual AD2 application.  

(BTW, you don't need to spend another $90 to get this bundle to work.........it's probably saying that since you haven't registered any of your products yet).

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
    I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
    250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
    Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
    HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    The_Forum_Monkeys
    Ricebug
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 181
    Re: Addictive Drums 2 Registration Issue 2015/02/11 09:19:41 (permalink)
    I did all that, so...

I went to XLN's site and finally found the registration stuff. So when I fire up their installer, they give me three "deals," which are installing now. Three kits, 3 MIDI paks, and 3 kit pieces. The rest cost $$. The process is not too user-friendly.

It's almost frightening at how large these files are and how everything (Sonar, AD2, Native Instruments, etc.) gets installed on my system drive, which really ticks me off. Glad I bought that 4 TB external backup drive.

EDIT: I see that in the XLN installer, under 'Advanced,' they have an option to move everything to a different drive. Now that's what I'm talking about!
    post edited by Ricebug - 2015/02/11 09:26:02

Sonar Platinum / AMD 5 ghz 8-core CPU w/8 GB RAM / nVidia GTX-780 graphics / Roland A-500Pro MIDI keyboard / Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 interface / Komplete 9 Ultimate / Melodyne Essential / Digitech Vocalist Live Pro/ Roland MSGS synth module / Rode NT2 microphone / an understanding wife
    Mesh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 27360
    Re: Addictive Drums 2 Registration Issue 2015/02/11 10:09:34 (permalink)
    Ricebug

EDIT: I see that in the XLN installer, under 'Advanced,' they have an option to move everything to a different drive. Now that's what I'm talking about!

Yes, I moved it to my 3TB samples drive. Even all the Native Instruments stuff is on my 3TB drive..........I only keep my OS, software, VST's etc...on my C: (system) Drive.
    Although all of Sonar Platinum is also on my my C: drive, I'm sure they'll give an option (if there's not one already) in one of the updates to relocate the samples/loops stuff to another drive.

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
    I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
    250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
    Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
    HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    The_Forum_Monkeys
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1