Show/Hide the ProChannel button moved closer to the FX bin in Console View

Author
lawajava
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2040
2015/02/24 21:40:16 (permalink)

Show/Hide the ProChannel button moved closer to the FX bin in Console View

I'm now using both stacked FX and modules/FX in the ProChannel.

I have a good number of tracks and use narrow strips in the Console View. I can eliminate some things shown in the console strips so I can see the ProChannel show/hide arrow.

But the only reason I need to remove anything from the console strips is to see that little arrow.

With stackable FX, if you have several FX in the FX bin on a track the ProChannel show/hide arrow disappears off screen up at the top.

You can scroll, but that's messy. Or you can remove things shown on the strip.

My two asks/suggestions are:

1. Allow the Quad EQ graphic on the console strip to be turned off (as an option)

Or,

2. Move the ProChannel show/hide arrow and on/off button (and post button) near the FX bin on the console channel strip.

Two internal 2TB SSDs laptop stuffed with Larry's deals and awesome tools. Studio One is the cat's meow as a DAW now that I've migrated off of Sonar. Using BandLab Cakewalk just to grab old files when migrating songs.

9 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Show/Hide the ProChannel button moved closer to the FX bin in Console View 2015/02/24 21:48:11 (permalink)
    FWIW, there is a "Show/Hide ProChannel" function available for binding in the Console view.
    lawajava
    Re: Show/Hide the ProChannel button moved closer to the FX bin in Console View 2015/02/24 22:10:42 (permalink)
    scook - what are you referring to? I was aiming for the show/hide button/arrow on a single selected track. Just wondering what you mean by binding.

Two internal 2TB SSDs laptop stuffed with Larry's deals and awesome tools. Studio One is the cat's meow as a DAW now that I've migrated off of Sonar. Using BandLab Cakewalk just to grab old files when migrating songs.
    scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Show/Hide the ProChannel button moved closer to the FX bin in Console View 2015/02/24 22:18:34 (permalink)
    I understand you are referring to the console view track strip layout and mouse control over the Show/Hide Console function on the track strip. Did not know if a keyboard shortcut might help in the interim, the function is available but a keyboard shortcut is not assigned to it.
    lawajava
    Re: Show/Hide the ProChannel button moved closer to the FX bin in Console View 2015/02/24 23:00:43 (permalink)
    Oh, hadn't thought of that. Are you saying if I float over the arrow with a mouse I can assign a keyboard shortcut to that? If so, I wasn't aware that was a possibility. It would be an answer if that is in fact true. Even so, again, if it's true, that wouldn't be as useful to the general user as a better place to put the arrow.

scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Show/Hide the ProChannel button moved closer to the FX bin in Console View 2015/02/24 23:26:56 (permalink)
    A track needs focus for the "Show/Hide ProChannel" keyboard shortcut to work. Hover does not change focus but clicking the track will. At least this will save having to scroll the track to see the ProChannel button.
    lawajava
    Re: Show/Hide the ProChannel button moved closer to the FX bin in Console View 2015/02/25 00:49:26 (permalink)
    Are you referring to Control I? I had forgotten about that.

scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Show/Hide the ProChannel button moved closer to the FX bin in Console View 2015/02/25 02:18:36 (permalink)
    No, I was referring to opening the ProChannel next to the track strip in the Console view.

Notice the Console view area has a function to "Show/Hide ProChannel" which just needs a shortcut added to it. This function opens the PC to the right of the track strip in focus.
    lawajava
    Re: Show/Hide the ProChannel button moved closer to the FX bin in Console View 2015/02/25 23:24:01 (permalink)
    scook - Thanks!  That's a great idea.  It works splendidly.  It's really fun to select a bunch of strips and then hit one key stroke and they all open up their ProChannels.  That's really slick.

I guess I can take back my request then.  Except, the ProChannel status of being Post and also the On/Off ProChannel status still disappears off the top of the screen unless one removes some of the modules showing on the Console View strip (if you happen to have added some Sends and some FX to the strips.  That's when the issue starts occurring.  But I can get by now much easier with this idea above.

scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Show/Hide the ProChannel button moved closer to the FX bin in Console View 2015/02/25 23:49:30 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Glad you found the shortcut useful. With the new FX Rack, the ProChannel section should probably be moved below the FX Rack in Inspector and Console track strips. Then the PC indicators should almost always be visible.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1