Music Creator 7 Issues

Author
jamesmself
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2015/02/27 11:52:51 (permalink)

Music Creator 7 Issues

I installed Creator 7 on a quad core i5 pc under 64 bit Windows 8.1. The sound device is a Scarlet 2i2.
Program launched fine.
Installed the FaderPort 64 bit dll and configured it according to the instructions on the Cakewalk website.
Plugged in an iRig midi keyboard via USB.
Everything worked fine for a little while.
However Music Creator hung up and ever since will load but hang with the Windows loading icon running.
Here is what I have tried so far.
1. Rebooting - Same thing
2. Logging out and logging back in - I can now get to the basic Creator screen, but if I try to create a project it just hangs.
3. Removed all midi and audio devices - Same issue.

Now I would just try to uninstall it and re-install, but it looks like there is no uninstaller app or control panel uninstall info.
Any suggestions?

7 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Music Creator 7 Issues 2015/02/27 13:32:03 (permalink)
    This may be one for tech support given how new the product is. If MC7 is installed using the Cakewalk Command Center, to uninstall right-click on the product line for the context menu. The uninstall option is there.
    williamj57
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Music Creator 7 Issues 2015/03/02 17:58:12 (permalink)
    can someone explain how you record  the voices from your midi keyboard onto separate tracks in MC7 i.e. i want piano from my keyboard recorded on midi track 1.....and then i want the strings from the keyboard on track 2 and so on...i thought i had the keyboard configured properly but everytime i record say piano on track one...i then add another midi track and record strings but both tracks only play what is selected on the keyboard ...i know its got to be simple but it has escaped me thus far...just refreshing my memory from previous versions,,,,have not used the program since version 2......anyone got suggestions let me know....thanks
    57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: Music Creator 7 Issues 2015/03/03 21:38:52 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forum, both of you.
    williamj57 (are we cousins? ), to record the sounds of your keyboard, you'll need to connect audio cables from it to the line inputs of your audio interface or sound card. Set the patch on the keyboard, mute all other MIDI tracks, arm an audio track, press play and set your recording level, stop and rewind, then click record in MC 7.
    To get MC to play all of your keyboard's sounds, you'll need that keyboard's Instrument Definition. That will show a selectable list in the Bank and Patch boxes of MC and will play your selected sounds from the keyboard. You may be able to find the ID on the internet if it's a popular 'board, or you can create your own.
    Each MIDI track should be on a different channel, otherwise they will play the same sound no matter what patch you select when played through the same synthesizer.
    MIDI is not sound, it is just data that tells a synthesizer (hardware or software) what note to play, when to play it, how loud and long the note sounds, and when to stop making the sound. Recording the MIDI output of your keyboard will not record the sound of your keyboard.
    If your keyboard can play General MIDI (GM) patches, select that in the track's MIDI properties.
    Or try out some of the software synths that come with MC 7.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    gerlynch
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Music Creator 7 Issues 2015/03/09 17:20:00 (permalink)
    HI,
    I contacted technical support on Feb 27 but no reply. This product will not work on my laptop even with just a single audio file. No other audio product has a problem with this machine and tweaking every buffer has had no effect so I have deleted MC7. I hope  this will get me a quicker reply.
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re: Music Creator 7 Issues 2015/03/09 19:38:20 (permalink)
    probably not, because this is a user forum.  how did you contact them? 

did you use the links in this thread?
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/How-to-contact-Cakewalk-directly-m2090582.aspx

technically MC does not have phone support even tho that thread might imply it since it's a sticky in this forum.  but if you used that form to fill out a request for help and haven't heard back from them, I'd still call them and tell them you've been waiting on a response for nearly 2 weeks and they might help you anyway.

if that doesn't work, you could try PM'ing one of the cakewalk employees who come here.

this guy Lance Riley has been answering some of the MC questions in this forum, so he would be a good one to try.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Profile/70207/

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Lance Riley [Cakewalk]
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 337
    Re: Music Creator 7 Issues 2015/03/11 19:13:57 (permalink)
    gerlynch
    HI,
    I contacted technical support on Feb 27 but no reply. This product will not work on my laptop even with just a single audio file. No other audio product has a problem with this machine and tweaking every buffer has had no effect so I have deleted MC7. I hope  this will get me a quicker reply.

Hi Gerard, Sorry to hear that you're dead in the water. Sounds like you may have a driver configuration issue. Usually the best approach for these kinds of issues is to get in contact with tech support via email and explain the issues and something that maybe you tried. You'll need to have MC7 installed on the machine to test out what replies support sends you but I'll take a shot first and see if my suggestion helps you out.

With MC7 installed go to preferences...
    • Click on Playback and Recording and set the "Driver Mode" to MME (32-Bit) then Click Apply
    • It may already be set this way by default but if not it'll run through a driver test
    • Now click on the Driver Settings tab in the left column 
    • In the Mixing Latency section there is a slider for your Buffer Size
    • To start set this around the middle 90-100 msec
    • Press apply and close
    • Create a new Normal project then try importing some audio using the Media Browser
    • This is the first tab in right side pane
    • Use the dropdown and select Audio Library if not already selected and add a file from the Backing Tracks folder by Clicking and dragging it into the center part of the app.
    • Move the playback head to where the audio is located and hit the [Space Bar]
    Hopefully at this point you are hearing some audio. We do recommend using an audio interface that has an ASIO driver for the best audio performance. You can adjust that Buffer Size slider I mentioned earlier to get less delay when recording. To the left mean less delay but more difficult for internal sound cards to play back, and dragging to the right results in a delay but more stable playback for when mixing.

Lance Riley
    Product Manager
    Lance Riley [Cakewalk]
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 337
    Re: Music Creator 7 Issues 2015/03/11 19:25:40 (permalink)
    jamesmself
    I installed Creator 7 on a quad core i5 pc under 64 bit Windows 8.1. The sound device is a Scarlet 2i2.
    Program launched fine.
    Installed the FaderPort 64 bit dll and configured it according to the instructions on the Cakewalk website.
    Plugged in an iRig midi keyboard via USB.
    Everything worked fine for a little while.
    However Music Creator hung up and ever since will load but hang with the Windows loading icon running.
    Here is what I have tried so far.
    1. Rebooting - Same thing
    2. Logging out and logging back in - I can now get to the basic Creator screen, but if I try to create a project it just hangs.
    3. Removed all midi and audio devices - Same issue.

Now I would just try to uninstall it and re-install, but it looks like there is no uninstaller app or control panel uninstall info.
    Any suggestions?

Hi James,

I've seen similar issues when using the fader port with SONAR. Sometimes with that device having it plugged in or not and launching the in in those different states may result in a corrupt settings file if MC7 is use to seeing it connected. Try the following and let me know if it helps.

• Navigate to the following folder: Program Files/Cakewalk/Music Creator 7
    • Open the shortcut link for "Cakewalk User Data"
    • Open the MC7 folder
    • Locate and Delete the following files: AUD.ini, Cakewalk.ini, and TTSEQ.ini
    • Don't worry these files will get magically recreated again but don't delete any other files in there :)
    • Re-launch MC7
    • You will need to re-add your MIDI devices as before and they should work again
    • With the fader ports try to make sure it's connected before launching the app
    Hope this helps

Lance Riley
    Product Manager
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1