Music Creator won't record!

Author
moonclothes
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2015/02/27 11:52:23 (permalink)

Music Creator won't record!

Music Creator 5 will not record although midi plays fine.

5 Replies Related Threads

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: Music Creator won't record! 2015/02/27 14:18:23 (permalink)
    Welcome!
    ...when you do what on what kind of system using what kind of an interface with what kind of drivers?

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re: Music Creator won't record! 2015/02/27 21:31:09 (permalink)
    In other words, you have given us nothing to work with.
    Generally, your situation boils down to two things:
    1. You do not have it set up properly.
    2. You don't understand how it works.
    We can help with both, but we need to know what you are working with, and exactly what it is you are trying to record.
    Please give us system specs(OS, sound card or interface, etc.)
    And details about what you are doing.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Music Creator won't record! 2015/02/28 08:20:16 (permalink)
    Kalle Rantaaho
    Welcome!
    ...when you do what on what kind of system using what kind of an interface with what kind of drivers?

LOL....

I nominate this as the wittiest and most helpful comeback ever.... in this forum....

Harsh.... but a fair assessment.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    nycentral57
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Music Creator won't record! 2015/03/07 06:03:14 (permalink)
    Hello
    I am also having problems with doing anything with my machine. I have the TASCAM  US4X4. I D/L MC7 as my software, and I don't have a clue as to what to do next. I have my machine plugged in and hooked to my laptop, but how do I record something. I'm assuming my guitar gets plugged into the back of the US4X4, but, but but WHAT DO I  DO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help Me Please
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Music Creator won't record! 2015/03/13 09:09:45 (permalink)
    NYcentral....  have you let MC7 run the wave profiler?

If not, please do so. That process lets MC7 look at the computer to see what soundcards and inputs and outputs are on it.  Be sure to 4x4 is connected when you run the wave profiler.

Do you get any sound OUT at all when you play the demo tracks?

After running the profiler, the 4x4 should be in the list of available inputs and outputs.  In the track inspector box, you have several options.... among them are input and output selection.  Click on the input option and see if your interface is in that list. If the profiler found it, it should be there.

In the photo below, look to the left of the GREEN track. The box there is the track inspector. The drop down boxes in side it are the options. The last 2 down are the input and output selectors. Click the little down-pointing triangle and it will display ALL the inputs and outputs (on the appropriate box..there's one for in and one for out) that can be seen by the software.

When you set up a track for recording, you MUST select the input source you wish to use. It will be in the list as Stereo Tascam 4x4....as well as Left and Right Tascam.... for a total of 3. If the source is mono.... like a guitar or mic, select the Left Tascam 4x4.... (or right... but not the stereo) Applying an audio signal to the input should result in sound into the track and also echo back out to the headphone and monitors.

See if that helps... if not... let us know

Oh yeah.. one more thing.... it's always best to start your own thread rather than to hitch-hike on someone else's.  It's less confusing when people reply, you know who they're talking to and the problem they're trying to help resolve.

post edited by Guitarhacker - 2015/03/13 09:43:46

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1