Helpful ReplyNew SONAR "Braintree" Release now available

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 9
Author
Andrew Rossa
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1910
2015/02/27 14:17:39 (permalink)

New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available

Thank you for your support of our new SONAR Membership Program. The SONAR "Braintree" release is now available on Command Center. The SONAR "Braintree" addresses enhancements and fixes requested by the community, coupled with high-quality content that complements SONAR’s rich feature set with everything from new presets to innovative loop libraries. Enjoy!

See what's new in "Braintree"

Read the full PDF
John T
Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6783
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 14:26:14 (permalink)
Nice.

http://johntatlockaudio.com/
Self-build PC // 16GB RAM // i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz // Nofan 0dB cooler // ASUS P8-Z77 V Pro motherboard // Intel x-25m SSD System Drive // Seagate RAID Array Audio Drive // Windows 10 64 bit // Sonar Platinum (64 bit) // Sonar VS-700 // M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 // KRK RP-6 Monitors // and a bunch of other stuff
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 14:26:41 (permalink)
Typical I just shut down my DAW PC well something to look forward to tomorrow then.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
BluerecordingStudios
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 916
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 14:26:46 (permalink)
It is possible to download the update for offline installation?
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 14:28:46 (permalink)
Without downloading the PDF... are the new things labeled Braintree in the What's New section the exclusive content for members currently signed up?

As in if I am not currently a member I will not get those things after this month (or whenever those goodies are yanked)?

Or to put it another way are the Braintree items NOT included in cumulative updates?

Just trying to figure out how hard I have to pine and envy.
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1067
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 14:29:47 (permalink)
BluerecordingStudios
It is possible to download the update for offline installation?

Yes, you can either grab the installers from here: www.cakewalk.com/my-account/products

Or download through Cakewalk Command Center and grab the installers from here: C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Downloads

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
Andrew Rossa
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 14:38:17 (permalink)
Beepster
Without downloading the PDF... are the new things labeled Braintree in the What's New section the exclusive content for members currently signed up?

As in if I am not currently a member I will not get those things after this month (or whenever those goodies are yanked)?

Or to put it another way are the Braintree items NOT included in cumulative updates?

Everything will be included with the exception of the Brian Hardgroove stuff. That's only available in this release. We will be selling it afterwards if you miss out and want to buy it.
Beepster
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 14:47:53 (permalink)
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
Beepster

Everything will be included with the exception of the Brian Hardgroove stuff. That's only available in this release. We will be selling it afterwards if you miss out and want to buy it.

Excellent.

And FWIW I would certainly like to see any and all of these exclusive extras tossed into the store afterward for us late bloomers to snag even if a premium is charged for them. This would make it the ultimate model in my eyes. Full control of when, what and how the user gets the content.

Of course that premium for missed content needs to be applied for us broke arsed cheapos and the a la carte crowd to keep things fair for you guys and I am happy to pay extra for such things just as long as I can get it at some point.

These look like some great features and goodies. I had a good feeling about all this (and was very mouthy about it during the release) so I'm glad that feeling seems to have been proven correct.

Thanks, Andrew. Hope you've been well.
gunboatdiplomacy
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 87
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 14:55:49 (permalink)
Great looking update. I'm waiting patiently for the posters who either
A. Complain that this isn't enough of an update
B. Want to know when we'll see March updates
Beepster
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 14:59:05 (permalink)
gunboatdiplomacy
Great looking update. I'm waiting patiently for the posters who either
A. Complain that this isn't enough of an update
B. Want to know when we'll see March updates

That's part of the reason I wanted to get my question out of the way early. This will likely get swamped with weirdness and confusion very soon.
Andrew Rossa
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 15:04:42 (permalink)
Beepster
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
Beepster

Excellent.

And FWIW I would certainly like to see any and all of these exclusive extras tossed into the store afterward for us late bloomers to snag even if a premium is charged for them. This would make it the ultimate model in my eyes. Full control of when, what and how the user gets the content.

Of course that premium for missed content needs to be applied for us broke arsed cheapos and the a la carte crowd to keep things fair for you guys and I am happy to pay extra for such things just as long as I can get it at some point.

These look like some great features and goodies. I had a good feeling about all this (and was very mouthy about it during the release) so I'm glad that feeling seems to have been proven correct.

Thanks! Hope all is going well with you too. The intro offer is ending tomorrow so if you are thinking on jumping on for $14.99/mo, it's a good time. 
benjaminfrog
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 477
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 15:09:42 (permalink)
Hmm... Just installed the update. Now all my PC icons are gone, except for Bark of Dog and FX Chain and the keyboard shortcut "P" no longer works.

SONAR Platinum
Windows 10 Pro x64
ASRock Z97 Pro4
i7-4790K 4.0GHz
32GB RAM
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
RME Fireface UFX
http://www.sewardsound.com/
benjaminfrog
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 15:13:04 (permalink)
Rebooted. "P" now works, but the icons are still gone.

SONAR Platinum
Windows 10 Pro x64
ASRock Z97 Pro4
i7-4790K 4.0GHz
32GB RAM
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
RME Fireface UFX
learsfool
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 15:16:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Maarkr 2015/03/01 09:11:49
Heads up for the Boz Digital Labs ProChannel module.  If you can't locate the module after installation, you may need to run a VST plugin scan in the Cakewalk Plugin Manager (located under Utilities), and then it will appear in the Insert Module list as "Bark of Dog".  I was stumped and didn't see installation instructions anywhere.
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 15:21:34 (permalink)
benjaminfrog
Hmm... Just installed the update. Now all my PC icons are gone, except for Bark of Dog and FX Chain and the keyboard shortcut "P" no longer works.

PC icons were being written to the wrong folder if you did migration earlier. A reset/rescan of VST's should address this, if so.

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 15:22:51 (permalink)
learsfool
Heads up for the Boz Digital Labs ProChannel module.  If you can't locate the module after installation, you may need to run a VST plugin scan in the Cakewalk Plugin Manager (located under Utilities), and then it will appear in the Insert Module list as "Bark of Dog".  I was stumped and didn't see installation instructions anywhere.

No instructions are necessary for a normal installation. There is no need to manually scan in SONAR these days so why are you turning off the scan on startup?

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
benjaminfrog
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 15:29:11 (permalink)
Noel Borthwick
PC icons were being written to the wrong folder if you did migration earlier. A reset/rescan of VST's should address this, if so.

Thanks, Noel. I'll do that. For sake of keeping my system clean. What's the correct folder and what's the incorrect folder?

SONAR Platinum
Windows 10 Pro x64
ASRock Z97 Pro4
i7-4790K 4.0GHz
32GB RAM
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
RME Fireface UFX
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 15:33:10 (permalink)
Beepster

And FWIW I would certainly like to see any and all of these exclusive extras tossed into the store afterward for us late bloomers to snag even if a premium is charged for them...Of course that premium for missed content needs to be applied for us broke arsed cheapos and the a la carte crowd to keep things fair for you guys and I am happy to pay extra for such things just as long as I can get it at some point.

You totally get it. We do want some of the content to be special, "members only" material. But as more and more people get into SONAR, they'll probably want some of the older content and offering it in the store seems like an ideal solution. But there's also the advantage that those who don't use SONAR (there are still some left ) can buy the content for use in other programs.

Cakewalk did tell me they consider the Amp Sims and Anderton Collection FX as part of the core program, so latecomers will get those.

Andrew and pretty much everyone at Cakewalk has been a nervous wreck for the past couple weeks  

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
learsfool
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 15:38:04 (permalink)
No instructions are necessary for a normal installation. There is no need to manually scan in SONAR these days so why are you turning off the scan on startup?

I don't want my configuration to do anything automatically, but thank you for asking.
backwoods
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2571
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 15:40:25 (permalink)
Thanks for this!
stickman393
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1528
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 15:42:52 (permalink)
Happy to see some PRV fixes.
Looking forward to more in the next update.

Congratulations Cakewalk on your first rolling membership update. Although a regular monthly cycle would be great, I have no expectations on this. Keep up the good work!
Beepster
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 15:56:06 (permalink)
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
Thanks! Hope all is going well with you too. The intro offer is ending tomorrow so if you are thinking on jumping on for $14.99/mo, it's a good time. 

Sad state of affairs in the Beepster household at the moment so I'll have to hold off until at least summer at which point I'll hopefully be able to do a full Plat upgrade. Fortunately X3 is still workin' like like a champ so I can "tough" it out. Lots of cool stuff I could use though... particularly MixRecall and I'm definitely curious about the VocAlign updates. You got some guit algos in there? That'd be shaweet.

Cheers.
Beepster
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 16:03:06 (permalink)
Anderton
Beepster

And FWIW I would certainly like to see any and all of these exclusive extras tossed into the store afterward for us late bloomers to snag even if a premium is charged for them...Of course that premium for missed content needs to be applied for us broke arsed cheapos and the a la carte crowd to keep things fair for you guys and I am happy to pay extra for such things just as long as I can get it at some point.

You totally get it. We do want some of the content to be special, "members only" material. But as more and more people get into SONAR, they'll probably want some of the older content and offering it in the store seems like an ideal solution. But there's also the advantage that those who don't use SONAR (there are still some left ) can buy the content for use in other programs.

Cakewalk did tell me they consider the Amp Sims and Anderton Collection FX as part of the core program, so latecomers will get those.

Andrew and pretty much everyone at Cakewalk has been a nervous wreck for the past couple weeks  

Although it's more complex than most marketing/sales/distro schemes it is rather simple and elegant at its core. I just think people are too used to being blasted with skeevy simplistic crap everyone was taken aback by the initial implications. I admit I was a little freaked out when I first saw the announcement but took 20 minutes to read up and was calmed.

And I can only imagine how stressed the doods are. I'm just a lowly Beep watching from afar and this poopstorm had me at the end of my rope. Seems to have settled down now.

Cheers.
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 16:08:13 (permalink)
Looking forward to downloading this late tonight... Hopefully my web access will work...

I'm especially anxious to check out the fix for zooming lanes! This has been a sore spot for me since the conversion from layers to lanes!

Much thanks in advance with anticipation that it now performs as I woukd expect/wish...

I wonder if this fix also addressed the zoom issue when zooming a track below a folder... I now know a work around for this (using lasso select by itself then a shortcut (ctrl-alt-z) to show/zoom selected area)...

Thanks Bakers...

Today seems to be a good day for me... I was just gifted a full year membership from another very kind forum member and hopefully the changeover registration was painless...(more in another thread) as well as received a new set of headphones (ATH-40x) which I "won" from ProAudioStar's giveaway through their iOS app...

Now the Sonar update with fixed zoom issue!

Thanks to all for everything!

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
FCCfirstclass
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 969
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 16:22:38 (permalink)
This looks fantastic.   Thanks everyone at Cakewalk.

Win 10 Pro x64, 32Gb DDR3 ram, Sonar Platinum, Cubase 9.5, Mackie MCU Pro, Cakewalk VS 100, Roland Octa-Capture,  A 800 Pro, Carver M-1.5t amp & C4000 pre amp, various mics, drums and brass instruments.

And away we go!
WallyG
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 833
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 16:49:37 (permalink)
Thank you Cakewalk. I like the idea of getting new toys, er tools once a month, as opposed to a whole bunch once a year. Spreads out the excitement and allows a little more time to learn each tool.

Keep up the good work!

Walt

Roland Jupiter 80, Roland D50, Roland Integra 7, Roland BK-7m, Yamaha Montage 6, ARP Odyssey, Excelsior Continental Artist, Roland FR-8X, 1967 Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat,  Fender 1965 Twin Reverb reissue, Selmer Trumpet, Akai EWI, Studio One 4 Professional, Melodyne Studio 4, Behringer X-Touch, RME Fireface UCX, MOTU MIDI Express XT - ADK Pro Audio Hex Xtreme 6 Core i7 4.5GHz, 64GB, 480GB SS, 3 X 3TB Hard Drives, Win 10, 2 X 27" & 1X 46" Monitors,
My WEB site - www.gontowski.com/music
digimidi
  • Total Posts : 496
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 17:33:46 (permalink)
I have a few questions...When I got Platinum initially, I only downloaded the things that were new to 2015 rather than reinstall the features that were already in X3e.  To update the latest Braintree stuff, what do I have to download only?  The way I see it, I would need the
1) Anderton Collection
2) Boz Digital Labs Prochannel Collection
3) NYC Showroom IR impulses 
and perhaps the Sonar Help and tutorials to reflect the new content.

With that in mind, am I missing anything?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left... 
http://daveowenmusic.com/
http://fabulous52s.com/
https://soundcloud.com/daveowenmusic

Sonar Platinum Edition/Cakewalk by BandLab: Dell 8700 XPS i7 16GB RAM, Cyberpower laptop w/8GB RAM/i7/2GB NVidia card/Tascam US1641/Focusrite 18i6/Melodyne Studio 4/Waves Plugs (a lot)/Garritan/EWQL Symphony Silver & Fab 4 and a bunch of other stuff. Studio One 3/Magix Samplitude Pro X3 Suite/Mixcraft 8 Pro/Reaper/Acid Pro 8
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 17:36:48 (permalink)
You also need the "SONAR Platinum" package
Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 17:46:14 (permalink)
Great update!

Nice one Cake. Thanks for being so tolerant.

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/02/27 18:05:36 (permalink)
I've got to read the sticky section more often! 

There is a reference to Braintree in the Sonar forum but no mention of what it is and I was looking all over the place trying to find out what the heck it was. Who knew it was up here sitting quietly awaiting a glance from me. I fired up CC and it is doing its thing! 

Best
John
Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 9
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1