Helpful ReplyApple Acquires Camel Audio

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Rain
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9736
Re: Apple Acquires Camel Audio 2015/02/27 14:25:29 (permalink)
dmbaer

But as far as I know, Camel was selling new PC licenses up until the day before they went dark.  

Such practices are not uncommon. Cakewalk still sell Mac versions of Rapture and Dimension Pro, and have frequent sales on them even though they can't be installed on any OSX version since 2010... As much as I'd love to believe that they'll be updated, Cakewalk has abandoned those synths.

Who would buy a synth that can only be installed on a computer that's at least 5 years old and has never been updated knowing that the synth will never be updated again?
post edited by Rain - 2015/02/27 14:35:06

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
backwoods
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2571
Re: Apple Acquires Camel Audio 2015/02/27 15:34:23 (permalink)
Shizer. The apple morons do it again.
dcumpian
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4124
Re: Apple Acquires Camel Audio 2015/02/27 16:03:42 (permalink)
Brando
Ya and Alchemy 2 would have likely been even better - but as a PC user, I'll never know. If Apple does happen to release it for Windows (say a snowball survives in Hell one day) - I have faith that it'll be the same disaster as iTunes, etc. (I am an iPhone/iPad user - but their PC-based software and their OS forced-upgrade schema are Borg-like).
Anyway - I will continue to use Alchemy (1), cause I love it too. But to say I will forgive and forget the Camel-folk - nope. 

Who knows, maybe Apple bought so they can look at the code and learn how to write a proper Windows app...

Regards,
Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
dmbaer
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2585
Re: Apple Acquires Camel Audio 2015/02/27 19:28:02 (permalink)
dcumpian

Who knows, maybe Apple bought so they can look at the code and learn how to write a proper Windows app...

Part of me is still holding out hope (not a whole lot but actually a little) that Apple was primarily interested in CA's resynthesis technology and has little or no interest in Alchemy as a virtual instrument.  I don't think anybody outside of a small inner circle knows if CA had some patents or patentable innovations in this area that would motivate purchase by a tech giant, one who could get product up and running way faster this by buying a company with a lot of expertise than by developing internally.

If this possibility is true, however, then we might find Alchemy 2 sold off to some company that would have an interest in maintaining the PC side of the customer base.  I could see IKM buying into this or even Waves.

Not that I'm counting on this by any means - but for the moment, it remains a slight possibility.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1