AnsweredPoorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology.

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 16:29:18 (permalink)
Sorry... I meant to quote your previous post, Craig.

The point is if you are seeking answers ask, don't demand and certainly do not shout or insult. People by nature like to share knowledge. It is a pleasurable experience to do so and watch as that knowledge accomplishes something for the receiver. I think this is hardwired into us as a species and is what has made us so successful.

However when someone acts the aggressor and tries to take that knowledge by force or intimidation it is very offputting and equally hardwired into us to reject the request. Like an aggressive tribe or malicious entity trying to usurp what we have and worked for. You are less inclined to offer it up so graciously and easily.

I will now stop waxing philisophical (or anthropological as it were).

Just play nice, everybody... mmmkay?
John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 16:43:23 (permalink)
I fully agree with Beep on this point. Mr. Anderton is a pure treasure for all of us. I do tend to follow his cues but I have also respectfully disagreed with him on certain points. I have read him for a very long time in his Sound on Sound column. I have seen him in talking heads sessions being very knowledgeable on every subject he is addressing. He has been in just about every area in music and mastered them all.

Now he is with us on a daily basis answering questions with a very good natured approach to most everything he touches. It hurts me some that we seem to take him for granted as well, just another member of the forum. I think he prefers that because that is the sort of fellow he is.

I am grateful for his presents here. For the time he puts in. For the advice he offers and for the notion that he also has a high opinion of Sonar as well as this forum.

We are so much better by him being here than we were before he came to us.

We should also know that we are blessed by some fantastic members that offer boat loads of great advice at the drop of a question. Any one that says they have not learned something new by monitoring this forum is mostly lying. It is the collective wisdom and enormous knowledge that is within this forum that draws people to it.

The fact that we have some of the very finest members anywhere is because years ago the pattern was set by many that are no longer with us. None the less their legacy lives on. We can but do our best to keep the forum as vital as it has always been.     

Best
John
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 16:46:13 (permalink)
John
I do tend to follow his cues but I have also respectfully disagreed with him on certain points.

That's okay, even I disagree with myself a lot.

I appreciate the kind words but they are not necessary. I get as much out of this forum as it gets from me. That's not humility, it's a factual statement.

Now let's go back to solving this poor guy's problems...

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Beepster
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 16:51:25 (permalink)
I'm wondering if he'll reappear now. I spent a a bit of time and consideration on my "tweak" post based on the minimal details provided and Bob seems to have spent a great deal of time dragging him back here.

Would be a shame if all that effort went to waste now, wouldn't it?
John
Forum Host
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 17:01:14 (permalink)
Bob has done a great job in ferreting out this situation. It would be a shame that it was not concluded in a satisfactory ending.  But it has given people the opportunity to voice their views and that is a good thing.   

Best
John
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 17:01:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Dream Logic Audio 2015/02/27 20:20:53
Back to the OP (see if I can get this train back on the tracks since I was part of its derailment)...

Google searching is the best means to find posts in the forum specific to topics, i.e. "site:forum.cakewalk.com" followed by the key words you are seeking. The search function within the forum itself is a bit lacking in this regard. With new releases especially, some issues are new, so finding others with a particular issue may not occur and you may be the first poster of such a thread.

In those cases, being as descriptive as possible both with subject line and content significantly benefits other's ability to help you. I want to give CactusMusic credit for his initial response to you as he immediately went down this route saying [paraphrasing] that the original thread post didn't give enough information to help and asking for more clarification. Often it is best to create one thread per post with as descriptive a title as you can get such as "Audio dropouts with ___ interface" and detail as much of your workflow/system specs as possible so a dialogue can be created for resolution. You can also edit that initial title/post as things progress to give a new reader the "more complete picture" without having to read the entire thread.

As a thread progresses, it will either get resolution from issues with system/workflow or get validated by enough folks that it can be made into a very descriptive problem report that the bakers can replicate and resolve in the quickest manner.

For your issue(s), I would recommend searching first for similar issues to add to, but if that fails to then create a specific post on as many details of what you can provide with "what just happened." As it stands right now, dcumpian's post above may be the most applicable to you for the OP given, but please feel free to embellish what you are experiencing so that we can better help you.
post edited by mettelus - 2015/02/27 17:08:17

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 17:14:40 (permalink)
To those who have speculated on the OP's whereabouts, I got the sense he was knee-deep into some sort of mixing phase, and nearly done with that, so is quite likely simply extremely busy.

In addition, he had indicated having X3e, yet his thread yesterday was really his first foray into posting in the forums, so it is quite probably not his 'normal' thing to do.  He IS aware that folks are standing by to assist, and I did provide him with suggestions on how to approach setting up individual threads for each issue, and all of that, so I believe that when he DOES come up for air, he will take full advantage of the forum folks being willing to help him.  (one of his comments yesterday, once we got things worked out was something to the effect of "I'd be stupid not to take the forum people up on their offers to help", so it seems like he is on board with the whole thing and just needing to attend to some other matters before diving in.

Lastly, he also mentioned in at least 2 places I can recall, that he is a hobbiest, and not any sort of professional engineer or anything like that.  That would also seem to suggest he has some other set of demands for his time, so I think if we just give him some time to digest all of this, AND to form up his documenting and presenting his issues to the forum, that all will work out just fine.

Thanks to EVERYONE, for staying with this, and for helping, and for being willing to dig into it all when the OP gets a chance to lay things out for us to assist him.

I LOVE these forums - the folks here go above and beyond so many times, it really motivates me to pitch in and help too, so THANKS.  :)

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
Beepster
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 17:24:56 (permalink)
You go well above and beyond, Bob. It does not go unnoticed... at least not on this side of this particular screen.

Cheers.
Sir Les
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 17:44:13 (permalink)
oh..one more over looked but important state for base computer functionality and longevity...power conditioning...and good power supply, over rated for the system being used, not just the spect'ed consumption put in placebut more than needed at full load...UPS or other back up with conditioning helps reduce power issues on the mains...if any...or brown outs, and such...helps keep the boards and all connected working to spec...longer.

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 18:06:45 (permalink)
Beepster
You go well above and beyond, Bob. It does not go unnoticed... at least not on this side of this particular screen.

Cheers.

Thanks for the kind words, but Nah - we are FAMILY, dysfunctional, but a FAMILY none the less.  Near as I can tell, folks are supposed to help each other out, and when that happens, for that brief moment, the world becomes a 'better' place, and not such a 'bitter' place.  Helping folks reminds me of my dad, who passed away about 17 years ago - his principles still guide and teach me.

These forums are a SUPERB source of help, and strength, for me, and for others.

Plus, I have been helped SOOOO many times by folks here in the forum that I look forward to being able to help out when I can.  The real thanks goes to long-time folks from way back, who themselves gave so freely to the forum, such as the irreplacable and much missed Billy Arnell.

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
Sir Les
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 19:12:04 (permalink)
robert_e_bone
Beepster

Cheers.

Thanks for the kind words, but Nah - we are FAMILY, dysfunctional, but a FAMILY none the less.  Near as I can tell, folks are supposed to help each other out, and when that happens, for that brief moment, the world becomes a 'better' place, and not such a 'bitter' place.  Helping folks reminds me of my dad, who passed away about 17 years ago - his principles still guide and teach me.

These forums are a SUPERB source of help, and strength, for me, and for others.

Plus, I have been helped SOOOO many times by folks here in the forum that I look forward to being able to help out when I can.  The real thanks goes to long-time folks from way back, who themselves gave so freely to the forum, such as the irreplacable and much missed Billy Arnell.

Many thanks to you Bob, for helping me, and coming back to try again, and again, and Alex..and all the others!...

I hope....forgiveness is universally known as a good thing!...yah i know religion is not allowed here...sshhh...but it is the best way, when we try it out, as the master says...and it works...Just makes it more a truth I cling to...and have to say...Thanks to him...in oh so many ways....You can feel it here being practiced...or eluded to, in same likeness...the spirit flows still through us....

Even if some say I do not believe in X...X sure knew the way to solving problems starts by listening, then trying to help, and be good to all...even those who hate us...be good and bless them by not letting bad even show up in us...for we are not them...be good always, no matter....With that spirit working in doing good, being good, and trying to help....you become a helper of many, and the spirit works still...to better the world perhaps not yet...but surely here in this space...things are being accomplished as proof it has merit what the master did say and did do!

Cheers!
post edited by Sir Les - 2015/02/27 19:22:26

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

Semi_Perfect
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 19:34:06 (permalink)
I think someone should make a troll song about how great Sonar is
Sir Les
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 19:42:29 (permalink)
when i troll I get fish...never thought of a troll song...perhaps might make Lord of the Rings  movie remake list in 2042, with Abrams kids?...who knows?
...wink.

Anderton
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 20:09:41 (permalink)
Semi_Perfect
I think someone should make a troll song about how great Sonar is

I've always said I do take requests...here you go.

Happy Troll Song

Troll, troll, troll SONAR
Music data streams
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
It's the DAW of dreams

Angry Troll Song

Troll, troll, troll SONAR
Frustration extreme
And no version for the Mac!
Windows makes me scream

Thankyou verreh much! I'll be here all week. Don't forget the happy hour special, gin & tonics at half price!

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 20:12:12 (permalink)
Very nice, Craig...
ArcRex
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 175
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 20:17:59 (permalink)
Your troll song should be have a 'Jaws' like verse and cresendo into a 'Psycho' shower like Chorus. 
Anderton
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 20:21:07 (permalink)
Leadfoot
Very nice, Craig...

You guys just want the half-price gin and tonics. But I do think it's worth pointing out there IS a tip jar on the piano.

Now can we get back to the problem at hand? Although I'm starting to think this thread would provide great source material for a research paper titled "Study of the Hazards Involved in Attempting to Communicate via a Text-Only Medium."

Greg Lester
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 20:23:05 (permalink)
Hi everyone, again I apologize for the ambiguity I created with the initial post.

I didn't get to return as fast as I wanted and typing on my cell phone does not work for me.  I'm a disabled veteran and when I go to the VA hospital I have to travel about 1.5 hours one way. I make it an all day thing and I got back and saw Bob Bone's message to me.

My machine is an HP desktop with 8gb RAM, 1 tb internal hard drive and a 2 tb external hard drive. Earlier this morning before I left I ordered 8 more gig of RAM. I'm in Windows 8.1. I keep up with the updates and speaking of I need to do the brain tree update.

I do appreciate everyone's feedback and input that can do it in a constructive and respectful way. So, I'm willing to get started with the two recent errors one was when I closed the project and the other is loosing sound(s) on certain tracks and instruments.

I have two questions. 1) has anyone experienced SONAR changing driver modes on it's own? I used ASIO in X3e and it changes itself to MME(32bit). I just checked it by opening a project and it stayed ASIO. 2) Has anyone experienced the freeze feature going very slow for each midi track that is frozen?

I enjoy mixing and I enjoy making music when it comes to me. I will be checking and interacting more. Not to worry, I don't like drama and there won't be drama. I look forward to this

Greg 
Anderton
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 20:38:25 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby JohnBonesDoe 2015/02/27 21:05:10
JohnBonesDoe
1) has anyone experienced SONAR changing driver modes on it's own? I used ASIO in X3e and it changes itself to MME(32bit). I just checked it by opening a project and it stayed ASIO.

Yes, SONAR will do that if it can't find the ASIO interface for some reason. This could be due to several possible issues, like plugging a USB ASIO interface into a different USB port than was used for installation, bad USB cable, not having an updated driver, something else grabbing the ASIO driver so it's not available to SONAR, USB hub suspending power and going into a "sleep" mode, etc.

For a fix, I'd recommended checking again for updated audio interface drivers, making sure the interface is plugged into the same port in which it is installed, having the interface turned on before you open SONAR (unless that's the problem, in which case turn it on after opening SONAR) and checking whether it's feeding a USB SuperSpeed (3.0) port or USB 2.0 port. Some USB 2.0 devices work well with USB 3.0, some don't. Also, some USB 2.0 devices I've had that were problematic worked perfectly with 3.0, although the manufacturer told me their chip set was incompatible with 3.0. Argh. Also some USB devices need to be turned on before the computer is booted, with others it's after the computer is booted.

Sorry to be so vague, but that's a rundown of some of the issues I've encountered with USB over the years. Oh, and never use a hub or powered hub with an audio interface. Use a port on the motherboard itself.

2) Has anyone experienced the freeze feature going very slow for each midi track that is frozen?

Not really, but not sure how you define "slow." One of the most interesting issues of all time was when someone found that freezing tracks with Kontakt took literally hours. He was super-frustrated. It turned out the problem was - get this - having a CD (or maybe it was a DVD) in the optical drive. As soon as he removed that, no more problems.

Looping back to the initial post/response, so many times the "problems" people have with SONAR relate to Windows or some other element, but the first thing they do is assume SONAR is the problem. That can take the form of rants, which doesn't help, but a lot of times these people assume the first thing they should do is re-install SONAR, which doesn't help either.

The good news is once you get a system tweaked, it will usually stay tweaked and not give you any issues. I'm now into my first month of Platinum without a crash or freeze, which seems impossible to me but believe me, I'm not complaining. I can only assume I'm not being hard enough on it. Give me time.

Greg Lester
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 20:43:26 (permalink)
Anderton
JohnBonesDoe
1) has anyone experienced SONAR changing driver modes on it's own? I used ASIO in X3e and it changes itself to MME(32bit). I just checked it by opening a project and it stayed ASIO.

Yes, SONAR will do that if it can't find the ASIO interface for some reason. This could be due to several possible issues, like plugging a USB ASIO interface into a different USB port than was used for installation, bad USB cable, not having an updated driver, something else grabbing the ASIO driver so it's not available to SONAR, USB hub suspending power and going into a "sleep" mode, etc.

For a fix, I'd recommended checking again for updated audio interface drivers, making sure the interface is plugged into the same port in which it is installed, having the interface turned on before you open SONAR (unless that's the problem, in which case turn it on after opening SONAR) and checking whether it's feeding a USB SuperSpeed (3.0) port or USB 2.0 port. Some USB 2.0 devices work well with USB 3.0, some don't. Also, some USB 2.0 devices I've had that were problematic worked perfectly with 3.0, although the manufacturer told me their chip set was incompatible with 3.0. Argh. Also some USB devices need to be turned on before the computer is booted, with others it's after the computer is booted.

Sorry to be so vague, but that's a rundown of some of the issues I've encountered with USB over the years. Oh, and never use a hub or powered hub with an audio interface. Use a port on the motherboard itself.

2) Has anyone experienced the freeze feature going very slow for each midi track that is frozen?

Not really, but not sure how you define "slow." One of the most interesting issues of all time was when someone found that freezing tracks with Kontakt took literally hours. He was super-frustrated. It turned out the problem was - get this - having a CD (or maybe it was a DVD) in the optical drive. As soon as he removed that, no more problems.

Looping back to the initial post/response, so many times the "problems" people have with SONAR relate to Windows or some other element, but the first thing they do is assume SONAR is the problem. That can take the form of rants, which doesn't help, but a lot of times these people assume the first thing they should do is re-install SONAR, which doesn't help either.

The good news is once you get a system tweaked, it will usually stay tweaked and not give you any issues. I'm now into my first month of Platinum without a crash or freeze, which seems impossible to me but believe me, I'm not complaining. I can only assume I'm not being hard enough on it. Give me time.

Greg Lester
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 20:53:50 (permalink)
By the way Craig, I do know who you are and how influential you to DAW recording and I think it's great that you take the time to help people.

What I mean by slow when freezing, it will take anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes. I never had that before. Naturally it's only for the midi tracks I select but I don't have a clue how to fix it.

Also, I am going to unplug all the cords and label them and  make sure everything is right. 

Thanks
John
Forum Host
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 21:00:44 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby JohnBonesDoe 2015/02/27 21:04:38
Good to see you John B. Doe. Bob has been telling us about communicating with you to come back and see what the forum can do to help with any issues.

Let this be a restart or reset. I welcome you to the forum as a new member.  We have a lot of members eager to do what they can to fix any issue you have running Sonar.

Thank you for giving us another chance. 

Best
John
Greg Lester
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 21:05:18 (permalink)
John
Good to see you John B. Doe. Bob has been telling us about communicating with you to come back and see what the forum can do to help with any issues.

Let this be a restart or reset. I welcome you to the forum as a new member.  We have a lot of members eager to do what they can to fix any issue you have running Sonar.

Thank you for giving us another chance. 

Agreed and thank you.

Greg
ArcRex
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 175
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 21:18:15 (permalink)
JohnBonesDoe

I have two questions. 1) has anyone experienced SONAR changing driver modes on it's own? I used ASIO in X3e and it changes itself to MME(32bit). I just checked it by opening a project and it stayed ASIO. 2) Has anyone experienced the freeze feature going very slow for each midi track that is frozen?

I have not seen it happen in Sonar, but I have had it happen in other stand alones, such as Amplitutude and Revalver. I also find that one of my standalones will usually own ASIO and won't let other standalones take it. I don't have a solution for it yet.
Anderton
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 23:20:48 (permalink)
Rather than lock the thread, how about I just delete the messages that aren't relevant to fixes? Of course I'll be devastated to nuke my SONAR troll songs, which were destined to become classics, but no price is too great to pay for forumic harmony.

Greg Lester
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/27 23:51:46 (permalink)
Anderton
Rather than lock the thread, how about I just delete the messages that aren't relevant to fixes? Of course I'll be devastated to nuke my SONAR troll songs, which were destined to become classics, but no price is too great to pay for forumic harmony.

You are a true humanitarian! :) Works for me. Off to bed. I have some errands to run tomorrow and I will be checking in tomorrow early evening most likely. Thanks
Paul P
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2685
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/28 09:48:48 (permalink)
Beepster
Don't change a damned thing. The onus is on the OP to explain their situation. Not the guy who's been helping n00bs, pros and everyone in between for what? 30 years? More?

They should bloody thankful a guy like you is even willing to talk to them.

And yes I realize that may tick off certain people but come the frack on! If I'm a guest in someone's pro studio asking the experienced engineers for advice I'm not gonna throw a hissy fit if they don't twist their arse in a knot to bow down to me and anticipate all my potential skills and/or deficiencies. It's ludicrous.

I see a mob and someone with his fist in the air, or is it a pitchfork.

Why not just shut the forums down.  That way no one will be bothered any longer.

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
John
Forum Host
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/28 10:02:49 (permalink)
How about everyone meet in the middle? leave the pitchforks at home.  

Best
John
Anderton
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/28 10:04:32 (permalink)
Paul P

I see a mob and someone with his fist in the air, or is it a pitchfork.

Why not just shut the forums down.  That way no one will be bothered any longer.

It's easy to shut the forums down. Don't go to them with your browser, and for you, they will cease to exist.

jimkleban
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1319
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/02/28 11:33:38 (permalink)
So, we all have made mistakes that put us back on our heels and from what I can tell, those making the mistakes on the original thread have recognized it.  

You do know that the only way to learn something new is to make a mistake. Glad it all worked out.

Jim

The Lamb Laid Down on MIDI
www.lldom.com

Studio Cat Custom i7 with Thunderbolt (wonderful system built and configured by our own Jim R)
Apollo Duo (via TB)
UAD Quad
UAD Duo
WIN 8.1 x64 with 32 GB Ram
4 SSD for programs and sample libraries
Splat (latest version)
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1