Some Z3TA patches started to run slowly

Author
Canopus
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 261
2015/02/28 13:28:39 (permalink)

Some Z3TA patches started to run slowly

I have recently stumbled upon a problem with Z3TA+ 2.1 that I just haven't been able to sort out. When running the VSTi version inside Sonar Producer X3e 64 bit, all of a sudden some patches run at a much slower pace than what they used to do. For instance, when selecting the very first Factory Content patch (Showcase > Italo 84 (Pb) BT), it runs at perhaps half or one third of the normal speed. The time stamp showing last update of the corresponding .fxp file is untouched, so it seems unlikely that I have changed any patch settings and mistakenly saved those modifications to disk, thus overwriting the original program file. I've restarted both Z3TA and Sonar multiple times. I've also tried to reset any possible accidental tweaking of the Z3TA default settings by selecting Program > Initialize from the Z3TA main menu, but to no avail.

However, when I invoke the stand alone 64 bit version of Z3TA+ 2.1 and select the very same patch, it runs at its normal speed. Go figure.

I haven't been able to find any thread relating to this issue. To be honest, I don't know much of Z3TA tweaking and mainly use the presets as-is. I guess the epithet Z3TA newbie would sum me up quite nicely.

Any ideas as to what has happened and how I may solve this problem?

2 Replies Related Threads

swamptooth
    Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2229
    Re: Some Z3TA patches started to run slowly 2015/02/28 17:43:56 (permalink)
    It is an arp program, so it will sync with the tempo of your project. I think the default in the standalone is 120.  check the arp page as well. the sync settings for italo should be sync=4 mode=sync

Arvid H. Peterson
    Sonar X3E Prod / X2A  / X1PE | Cubase 9.5.1 | Reason 9.5 | Sibelius7 | Pure Data
    Native-Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate and a smattering of other plugins
    Home-brewed VSTs 
    Toshiba Satellite S855-S5378 (16GB RAM, modified with 2x 750GB HDDs, Windows 8.1 x64)  
    Samson Graphite 49, M-Audio Oxygen 49, Korg nanoPAD2, Webcam motion tracking programs 
    M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
    Member, ASCAP   

Canopus
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 261
    Re: Some Z3TA patches started to run slowly 2015/03/01 03:03:49 (permalink)
    Ah, yes. There you have it. I guess this all happened in a project with a tempo much slower than what I normally use. That made the difference very audible when I added Z3TA to the project and happened to select that very first preset with its distinct arp pattern.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1