Using the new AudioSnap to generate custom timeline?

Author
200bpm
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 337
2015/03/01 11:35:56 (permalink)

Using the new AudioSnap to generate custom timeline?

I am interested in the platinum upgrade because I haven't had much success with the old version of AudioSnap.

One common use case for me (which I have been doing in Samplitude), is to use transient detection to identify the beats in the song and have this update the timeline.  (In Samp you can designate various portions of the song to different time signatures although I haven't used this.)  This enables me to drag midi clips into the project which then conform to the original song.  If the song was recorded acoustically without a metronome, this enables me to keep the original feel.

Does the new AudioSnap allow this functionality?  Not just detection and moving of transients, but setting these transients as the "tempo map" for the song.

i7 4790K @ 4.8/1.325v Gigabyte Z97X-ud3h, 16GB DDR3 2300, RME UFX, Sonar 3Xe

1 Reply Related Threads

FastBikerBoy
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 11326
    Re: Using the new AudioSnap to generate custom timeline? 2015/03/01 16:59:02 (permalink)
    It does allow you to extract a tempo map, but Audiosnap has always had that capability so you won't be getting anything new by upgrading other than improved transient detection and visual clues on stretched material. Other tweaks as well such as the way transient markers are displayed.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1