The Braintree Brainfreeze

Author
keneds
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 725
2015/03/01 18:09:08 (permalink)

The Braintree Brainfreeze

Ive been reading various posts on the update and I still just can't seem to find any of the new content I supposably installed. I ran the scan for vst's thinking it would show new content. The Bark pro channel module is nowhere around. I read through the pdf for the re matrix stuff and had no luck finding it. I've never had a problem with any update through the years. Why is this proving to be more difficult? Is there a " Dummies guide to updates " anywhere in this forum for this update? I need it. Thx

SONAR Platinum  
Dell XPS17 /  External 23" touch screen & 22" HP displays/Windows 10 64bit i5 processor/  
8Gb ram/500GB (7200rpm SATA HD)/Roland VS-700 set/KRK rockit 6/KRK 10" sub and a bunch of cables
EZdrummer2 / EZmix2

20 Replies Related Threads

John
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 30467
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 18:27:54 (permalink)
    First its important to install all yellow or red items. This means when you open C3 you should see Sonar as yellow that is only the beginning. This means it and perhaps more stuff needs updating. There is a slew under it and you have click on it to see them. You need to install all of them for a full install. As they are installed they will turn green.  That is what you want for all items.  

Best
    John
    keneds
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 18:38:51 (permalink)
    I understand that part, weeks ago when I did my upgrade from X3 I followed the guidance from other forum members as to what was necessary to install coming from Producer. That is the path I took, therefore I have a lot of red dots in the c3.

SONAR Platinum  
    Dell XPS17 /  External 23" touch screen & 22" HP displays/Windows 10 64bit i5 processor/  
    8Gb ram/500GB (7200rpm SATA HD)/Roland VS-700 set/KRK rockit 6/KRK 10" sub and a bunch of cables
    EZdrummer2 / EZmix2

John
    Forum Host
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 18:42:27 (permalink)
    I advise turning all those reds into green. This is how C3 is meant to be used. There is nothing in it that will destroy an older install of an older version.  

Best
    John
    ward s
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 76
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 18:43:52 (permalink)
    Hey, I had exactly that experience, did what I thought was the install/update, but then couldn't see any evidence of the stuff I was supposed to be installing. 

What I figured out was that the install sort of comes in two stages. First you do the Sonar update, which I guess addresses all the "under the hood" items. Then go back to Command Center and click Sonar again. It will open a drop-down where it will list all the other components to be installed, all in yellow or red. Click them one at a time and it will lead you through the process. Mine went flawlessly, once I figured that out. 

i5, 16 gigs RAM, 3.3 GHz
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Sonar Platinum
    M-Audio fast track pro
    Axiom 25
    1988 PRS Custom with Joe Barden 'buckers
    G&L fretless bass
    Dog
    John
    Forum Host
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 18:49:32 (permalink)
    ward s
    Hey, I had exactly that experience, did what I thought was the install/update, but then couldn't see any evidence of the stuff I was supposed to be installing. 

What I figured out was that the install sort of comes in two stages. First you do the Sonar update, which I guess addresses all the "under the hood" items. Then go back to Command Center and click Sonar again. It will open a drop-down where it will list all the other components to be installed, all in yellow or red. Click them one at a time and it will lead you through the process. Mine went flawlessly, once I figured that out. 

Nicely outlined. C3 could use a do over but if you follow its logic its not so bad. 

Best
    John
    Anderton
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14070
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 19:02:25 (permalink)
    It could also use better documentation beyond just the feature descriptions to include the installation process. The experiences forum members are having - both positive and negative - will help considerably in crafting that document.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
    John
    Forum Host
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 19:32:04 (permalink)
    I'm going to attempt a users guide to installing Sonar platinum. This is for a normal default install. See below for how to install when a custom install is needed

First Download Cakewalk Command Center I will refer to it as C3 hereafter. 

You can get it here https://www.cakewalk.com/Command-Center

Once it is installed and you have purchased Sonar run it and you should see something like this.

Notice a couple of things here. One Sonar is listed at the top of a longer menu with a lot of red lights. These indicate not installed by C3. If they were yellow it means it has been installed by C3 but there is an update for it. Green means all is well and up to date. 

Clicking on each item will either install or update it. You may also have an option to reinstall or uninstall.
    The is some customization for C3 and the option menu is located to the right top. Its a little cog wheel looking icon. It will let you set a path for VSTs and the like. It will not let you install Sonar in a non default directory or disk.  

What if you need to have a custom install!

You still use C3 to download the install files but before exit C3 and on a Win 8 system goto ProframData/Cakewalk/ Platinum/ Command Center/ Download.

There you will see all the downloaded files that can be installed directly. Just double click on each one in order to start the install for that item. This will give you full user control on where and what is installed. 

Any questions I will attempt to answer. 

Best
    John
    digimidi
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 496
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 19:52:22 (permalink)
    Essentially, for me, since I already had previous versions of Sonar, i.e. X3e and some earlier ones so I could still use Sonar R-Mix, V-Vocal, etc., I only installed the Platinum install when it was first released in January plus the other individual feature installs to complete it.  I did not want to reinstall the things like I already had like Dimension Pro, etc. 

In this Braintree update, I installed the Sonar Platinum "Braintree" update, the NYC Showroom IR impulses, the Anderton stuff since it includes new content and features, and finally the Boz Bark of the Dog plugin.  This, I think, will get you up to date if you had already had full install.  I don't know if the new Help and Tutorial files are up to date or not, but I suspect not.  The downloadable pdf file would reflect the changes within the Braintree update.

If  you read the pdf file, you will have to load the NYC IR impulses manually and well as refreshing the screen in Rapture for the new content.  The pdf pretty much explains everything.
    Hope this might help somebody...

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left... 
    http://daveowenmusic.com/
    http://fabulous52s.com/
    https://soundcloud.com/daveowenmusic

Sonar Platinum Edition/Cakewalk by BandLab: Dell 8700 XPS i7 16GB RAM, Cyberpower laptop w/8GB RAM/i7/2GB NVidia card/Tascam US1641/Focusrite 18i6/Melodyne Studio 4/Waves Plugs (a lot)/Garritan/EWQL Symphony Silver & Fab 4 and a bunch of other stuff. Studio One 3/Magix Samplitude Pro X3 Suite/Mixcraft 8 Pro/Reaper/Acid Pro 8
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 19:55:18 (permalink)
    The SONAR Reference Guide pdf was added to the "Help and Tutorials" package.
    pentimentosound
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1535
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 20:16:42 (permalink)
    To check the IR's in the ReMatrix Pro Channel;
    insert a Pro Chan module and select the ReMatrix
    in the window below the presets, (where the wave is..)
    look at "user" you'll see them all show up in a big flyout 

I got all done or so I thought with downloading and installing and then went back to see that I missed one for Platinum or it just showed up!
    The IR's are very nice! I haven't got around to anything else, yet.

i7 4790k 4Ghz 16gb+4HDD, Win10, ASUS G74s Laptop i7 2670QM 2.2ghz-16gb, Win10. CbB, Mixbus4, Studio One3 Artist, Z3ta2, RapturePro, GPO5, GS2, EP4, IK TR5, AT4, MP2, Melodyne Stud4, PSP(22), PS kits, BFD2, GA4, 18i20, PreSonus MP20A(BurrBrown), ISA One, Warm Audio WA76, ADK Thor, M160, RAB1, MA200, MA101fet, E100s, e835, EquatorD5, YSM-1, GoldDigger, CherryPicker, Kurz K2500, Aura Spectrum, ControlPad, PRRI, 17 ac & elec gtrs-mandos+bass, lap steels, banjo, fiddle, harmonicas+perc
    Mack
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 264
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 21:04:23 (permalink)
    I posted this before, but Cakewalk needs to provide a detailed step by step guide explaining how to correctly install Braintree. I have been trying to read through all the forum posts and it is most confusing.

Sonar Platinum 
    Cakewalk BandLab  
    Sony Sound Forge Pro 10
    Garritan Personal Orchestra 5, Instant Orchestra  
    MOTU Ultralite MK3 Hybrid
    Windows 10/64  Intel i7 CPU, 16G RAM
    Dual Screen Monitors 
    ADK Pro Audio built Computer
    John
    Forum Host
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 21:27:35 (permalink)
    Mack
    I posted this before, but Cakewalk needs to provide a detailed step by step guide explaining how to correctly install Braintree. I have been trying to read through all the forum posts and it is most confusing.

What is confusing you? I think I can help. Also please look at the guide I posted here. http://forum.cakewalk.com...e-m3183900.aspx I have more in that thread  that may help. Plus the more questions that are asked the more I can answer.  

Best
    John
    Muskee
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 46
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 21:36:20 (permalink)
    John
    I'm going to attempt a users guide to installing Sonar platinum. This is for a normal default install. See below for how to install when a custom install is needed

First Download Cakewalk Command Center I will refer to it as C3 hereafter. 

You can get it here https://www.cakewalk.com/Command-Center

Once it is installed and you have purchased Sonar run it and you should see something like this.

Notice a couple of things here. One Sonar is listed at the top of a longer menu with a lot of red lights. These indicate not installed by C3. If they were yellow it means it has been installed by C3 but there is an update for it. Green means all is well and up to date. 

Clicking on each item will either install or update it. You may also have an option to reinstall or uninstall.
    The is some customization for C3 and the option menu is located to the right top. Its a little cog wheel looking icon. It will let you set a path for VSTs and the like. It will not let you install Sonar in a non default directory or disk.  

What if you need to have a custom install!

You still use C3 to download the install files but before exit C3 and on a Win 8 system goto ProframData/Cakewalk/ Platinum/ Command Center/ Download.

There you will see all the downloaded files that can be installed directly. Just double click on each one in order to start the install for that item. This will give you full user control on where and what is installed. 

Any questions I will attempt to answer. 

May I add..
    I've approached the c3 install process as if I was approaching a traffic signal..
    Yellow<caution.. but it's an update to what's already installed.. 
    Red<stop and think about it (do I have Dimpro/AD2..full version/TH2 full version/Melodyne Editor already installed?.. if so, don't need to do it again)
    Green<Well.. no decision to make just go!
    Not one problem here yet.

Win8.1ProX64, Splat x64
    os ssd 240gb  hd content sata 465gb, hd sample libraries sata 465gb, hd storage sata 1tb, PC back External usb 1.5tb
    mb amd 990fx sabertooth
    cpu amd fx8150

32gb corsair ddr3 1800
    liquid Saffire 56
    Edirol pcr500
    video amd radeon hd6670 
    32" HDMI 1920 x 1080
    lawajava
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2040
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 21:38:43 (permalink)
    Mack

I fully agree. John, it's nice of you to provide some guidance as you have. So thank you. But the experience was confusing and without installation information. First time out on this new endeavor. Hopefully there will be more helpful install info for this and for future releases.

Two internal 2TB SSDs laptop stuffed with Larry's deals and awesome tools. Studio One is the cat's meow as a DAW now that I've migrated off of Sonar. Using BandLab Cakewalk just to grab old files when migrating songs.
    mixmkr
    Max Output Level: -43.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3169
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 21:39:26 (permalink)
    I think one question is... is there an advantage to re-install Melodyne if you have upgraded to EDITOR, and do you re-install DimPro and Rapture?  I think that question has been answered by FORUM members with a "NO" (since there probably won't be any future upgrades, etc), but I wonder what somebody like Noel has to say (and how to deal with red lights that keep you up at night!)

some tunes: --->        www.masonharwoodproject.bandcamp.com 
    StudioCat i7 4770k 3.5gHz, 16 RAM,  Sonar Platinum, CD Arch 5.2, Steinberg UR-44
    videos--->https://www.youtube.com/user/mixmkr

John
    Forum Host
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 22:01:56 (permalink)
    This is my take on it. There is no reason to install D Pro and Rapture for any improvement of their stability as such. But C3 installed it by overwriting the already installed versions. This was with the Platinum first install. Now an update was issued via C3 and it can be installed via C3. If one had not used C3 to do the overwrite on first install the update would go unnoticed and unreported by C3. 

Its possible that nothing worth while is in either of those installs but because no extra disk space will be used and because the off chance is that a bug or two were fixed with the latest versions I think it makes sense to just bite the bullet and use C3 to install all Platinum software including those that seemingly will only be overwritten. 

It is a decision one can only make if one is completely informed of all the ramification and possibles. I have as a rule always gone ahead and installed the versions contemporary with the newer version when doing an upgrade.

Is this right for another? I'm in no position to say. I think my logic is sound and in the end one will lose nothing by installing.     

Best
    John
    keneds
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 22:29:44 (permalink)
    I just took a walk back to the command center and rechecked my installations that are validated, the updates I installed earlier were Red......hmmmmmm, so I reinstalled them and went through the paces, the funny thing is, earlier the pdf page didn't pop up like this time. I thought the pdf everyone was talking about was the one in the cakewalk Braintree post. Well.......it's working now and it wasn't that hard after all. (As long as you have all of the right information). Thank you

SONAR Platinum  
    EZdrummer2 / EZmix2

mixmkr
    Max Output Level: -43.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3169
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 22:49:48 (permalink)
    John

Is this right for another? I'm in no position to say. I think my logic is sound and in the end one will lose nothing by installing.     
    . I might disagree with that (like having problems getting Melodyne editor back) and such wondered what a Cake rep thought- IOW someone in a position to say

some tunes: --->        www.masonharwoodproject.bandcamp.com 
    StudioCat i7 4770k 3.5gHz, 16 RAM,  Sonar Platinum, CD Arch 5.2, Steinberg UR-44
    videos--->https://www.youtube.com/user/mixmkr

John
    Forum Host
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 23:09:46 (permalink)
    Oh I forgot about the Melodyne question. I would not install it if I had the editor version. 

Best
    John
    mudgel
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12010
    Re: The Braintree Brainfreeze 2015/03/01 23:31:14 (permalink)
    Dim Pro and Rapture have only had their installers updated as per one is f Noel's posts. The pity is that quite a few assumed that since the CCC showed an update available it needed to be installed, waste of bandwidth and download data

I on the other hand did a manual install as I noted that there was a version number increment which indicates an update. Sadly there was no info at that time to say it was only an installer updates r didn't need to be done.

I'll be glad when the new monthly process is firmly established and the bugs ironed out. In a sense it's easier to deal with program bugs than system bugs.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
    PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
    Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
    Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
    Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
    Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
    Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1