Helpful ReplyHow do you 'unhide' in Command Centre

Author
Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
2015/03/02 02:41:43 (permalink)

How do you 'unhide' in Command Centre

I can see how you hide things that are of no interest, but how do you unhide them. Every experimental click to find out seems to confront me the the damned thing checking for an update, even though it's unlikely to have changed in the 20 seconds since the last check for updates.

I have nothing I want to un-hide, but would like to know the option exists, in case a category I hide then contains something I'm interested in a future update.
post edited by Kamikaze - 2015/03/02 03:16:22

promidi
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1220
Re: How do you 'unhide' in Command Centre 2015/03/02 03:29:06 (permalink)
Kamikaze
but how do you unhide them.

Currently the only way to unhide everything that you have hidden is to log off and log on to the Cakewalk Command Center.  However, before you do that, bear in mind that this has the unfortunate side effect of reseting the  installation status of all your Sonar products that have been installed via Cakewalk Command Center. In affect this turns the application status indication dots red again.  You would have to reinstall all of those products to turn the dots green.

Of course, if the installation files still exist on your system (and CCC know about their locations)  CCC will not need to re-download them, CCC will simply reinstall using the existing installation files.

Still a major pain just to unhide an option in CCC.  A better method would be to have a button that lists hidden applications with a button next to each one that says "unhide"

I actually found out this the hard way.  Not doing that again. Mine are staying visible this time.
Kamikaze
Re: How do you 'unhide' in Command Centre 2015/03/02 03:39:09 (permalink)
Reading that, I belive you found out the hard way mate, it sounded a massive pain.

The checking for updates every click is driving me up the wall. Whilst investigating it showed 2 sets of Sonar Platinum until I closed and re-opened. I don't know what would have happened if I opted to hide one of them and closed and re-opened.

I like the idea of the application, just needs a whole load of refinements. Hopefully we'll see some before next months Sonar Update

John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re: How do you 'unhide' in Command Centre 2015/03/02 09:33:43 (permalink)
I'm not sure why you would want to hide anything. 

Best
John
Kamikaze
Re: How do you 'unhide' in Command Centre 2015/03/02 10:17:32 (permalink)
Because I have a higher version of Melodyne Editor, so I don't need to see it. I'm not using Rapture of Dim Pro. Within Sonar I'm not using the loops. In the next 12 months we may see 12 releases, and with them more and more categories, some of interest, some not. At the moment half my GUI is red lights, the other green, and the screen is full. I'd rather see all the relevant green lights on the screen so I can pick up on updates easier.

The hide function is a pretty good function in my eyes, but I'd have though you'd get an unhide.
post edited by Kamikaze - 2015/03/02 11:19:04

ralf
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 205
Re: How do you 'unhide' in Command Centre 2015/03/02 10:59:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby promidi 2015/03/03 05:09:04
You may unhide products by editing the XML files in C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Cache\products. Simply search for "Hidden" and remove it from the <State> token.

However, keep an backup before editing the XML file, so you can revert to the former state in case something went wrong.
stevec
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: How do you 'unhide' in Command Centre 2015/03/02 18:21:06 (permalink)
ralf
You may unhide products by editing the XML files in C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Cache\products. Simply search for "Hidden" and remove it from the <State> token.

However, keep an backup before editing the XML file, so you can revert to the former state in case something went wrong.

Nice!  

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Kamikaze
Re: How do you 'unhide' in Command Centre 2015/03/02 23:39:28 (permalink)
Cool, that looks like a usable solution until they implement something more practical.

Anyone trying this, you have to have Show hidden folders shown in you windows option. This is a fairly new laptop and I hadn't got round to setting that yet.

There seems to be an XML file for each Programme in Command Centre
AD2
Sonar
D-Pro
Rapture
Melodyne

Looking through the States of the various files there are the following options.
HiddenNotInstalled
HiddenInstalled
Installed
NotDownloaded

So in typing this I've actually  answered the question I was going to ask. You simply remove the word 'Hidden', not the whole entry for the State so 'HiddenNotInstalled' would become 'NotInstalled'.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1