Quick question on OS compatibility

Author
Guitarhacker
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24398
2015/03/03 10:38:45 (permalink)

Quick question on OS compatibility

I have XP Pro 32... I was about to grab MC7 until I saw that it didn't list XP/32... I've sent an email to tech.

Will MC7 run on XP pro/32?

Anybody here know the answer to this?

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 

3 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Quick question on OS compatibility 2015/03/03 10:47:11 (permalink)
    No, XP support was dropped with MC6 Touch (it all started with the SONAR X2a patch for muliti-touch support). New versions of Cakewalk products require functions that XP does not have. The installers will fail because of dependencies on MS libs unavailable for XP. Vista may work although it is not supported or tested. Win7 and newer are supported and tested.
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Quick question on OS compatibility 2015/03/03 12:09:58 (permalink)
    OK... that's not what I wanted to hear..... but I figured at some point there would be no further new workable programs with XP as the OS....  I was hoping to get this because..... 1... it's a great deal......  2... I could help the new folks if I have the program available to check .....

I guess at some point I need to update the OS in my DAW... it will run W8.... and go 64 bit as well... but I hate to screw with something that's working fine as frog's hair right now..... If it ain't broke.... don't try to fix it..... and also because all my important plugs and VST's are all 32 bit....

I may buy it and simply save it to a disk or drive somewhere for the future..... because at some point.... I will be forced..... kicking and screaming to update the OS.... perhaps even the computer...... gahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Quick question on OS compatibility 2015/03/03 12:20:56 (permalink)
    32bit plug-ins run fine on a 64bit OS especially in a 32bit host like MC or the 32bit version of SONAR. Some old plug-ins may require the host to run as administrator because they access parts of the registry which became restricted due to security changes in newer OSes.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1