Helpful ReplyLockedNew "Brainchild" release

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
Splat
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 18:18:35 (permalink)
You can buy most plugins third party (or download them free). EDM'ers are spoiled for choice.
What you can't buy third party and bolt in is workflow in the main Sonar app. Anything that improves it is a winner.

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
jb101
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 18:30:14 (permalink)
@OP - Do you own Sonar?  Have you actually used it yet?

Just asking..

Sonar Platinum
komposer
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 18:34:28 (permalink)
Reaktor.
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 18:35:58 (permalink)
Drone7
Anderton

Other than that I agree with much of the sentiment here - that SONAR is a host program. You can customize it pretty much any way you want with third-party accessories, like VSL if you want to do orchestral scoring to ReWiring Reason or using Geist as a plug-in.

Same goes for Reaper or any other DAW. How does this make Sonar special or give it an advantage when almost every DAW is based on the same basic concept?

The workflow, interface, and unique features that other DAWs don't have.

Are you forgetting that we buy DAWs in view of provided plugins that come with it, or for any plugins that might cater more closely to our specific preference of tools and sounds, and that DAWs are subject to 'value added' perceptions of potential customers.

You really can't generalize that much. Some people buy software for the provided plug-ins, some already have Waves plugs and Komplete and couldn't care less what a DAW includes. They may find ProChannel to be really useful, but already have most of what they want. They use SONAR for the workflow, interface, and unique features.  

1: An update of the Pentagon and PSYN synth-engines with an overhaul of the preset menus.

Pentagon is no longer included with SONAR. Just as you say you don't use loops, I don't use presets; I can see where others would find them useful points of departure if they don't know how to create their own sounds. But I think programmers are going to drift toward creating new sounds for something like z3ta 2 because it's more relevant. I'm pretty sure PSYNE is DirectX so there's little point in doing new development for it. When you program sounds for z3ta, you cover Windows, Mac, and iOS. I think that's more appealing to sound designers.

2: A dedicated drum-machine with unprocessed 'RAW' 24bit drum samples, but with slice/edit features similar to 'Groove Agent 4" in Cubase.

3: Four individual dedicated drum-sound modules each designed specifically for one purpose, in this case one for making Kicks, one for making all manner of phat Claps, one for open hi-hats (ala TR 909 esque) and one for all manner of snares. But these would have to be of the caliber of the ones found in Native Instruments "Maschine"

5: A plugin dedicated to making fill-sweeps and risers.

I think you're missing a very important point. Groove Agent sells for $180. Presumably, that's because it takes time and effort to develop. Similarly, creating new plug-ins requires time and effort. You're not going to get these for free, so if the price of SONAR went up by $200 to pay for creating these new plug-ins for a very specific audience, then anyone who doesn't do EDM is going to say "Screw paying $700 for SONAR, I don't need effing Groove Agent, I'm getting something else." This is why plug-ins exist. You want something like Groove Agent? Get Groove Agent if you want it...or don't, and save $180.

Something like VocalSync also takes time and effort to develop, and that represents a significant part of the update cost. However, it applies to anyone doing vocals, narration, ADR, and audio for video. So it hits a pretty broad range of users. It also costs much less than commercial equivalents because Cakewalk could build on an existing foundation. That would not be the case with building Groove Agent from scratch.

6: A dedicated ARP on-par with the one in Logic Pro X, 'integrated' into each channel.

What do the Logic ARPs have SONAR's dedicated arps (that are integrated in each channel) don't have?

4: A sound-module/rompler consisting of purely 'hardware synth' samples, and many presets in the form of Synth hooks, synth stabs, hoovers, synth plucks, evolving Trance pads, huge detuned unison leads, and gated pulsating drone [7]s LOL

Again, consider how much it costs to develop a new instrument, create a new core library, hire sound designers and programmers to create presets...that's going to add a lot to the cost of SONAR. It's better for Cakewalk and uses alike to develop a separate instrument and make it available for sale to those who want it, but not charge people a lot of money for something they may not want.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 18:39:33 (permalink)
jb101

Just asking..

BINGO!!! I have seen Drone7 say "before I jump into SONARland" twice now, so am incredibly curious about these "comparisons" that are being thrown about.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
Anderton
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 18:44:26 (permalink)
mettelus
jb101

Just asking..

BINGO!!! I have seen Drone7 say "before I jump into SONARland" twice now, so am incredibly curious about these "comparisons" that are being thrown about.

I was wondering about that too. SONAR's arpeggiators are integrated into every channel and comparable to Logic's, so I don't know why he thinks SONAR needs that feature.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 18:45:47 (permalink)
mettelus
jb101

Just asking..

I've seen him make various claims as to his ownership status or lack thereof. It's all over the map... which is why I usually don't respond but got sucked in this time. Very hard to take any of it at face value.
Splat
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 18:52:01 (permalink)
I just looked at Drone's suggestions. From what I read he's more interested in extra plugins and soft synths rather than improvements to the main app and it's workflow. In other words more fairy dust (everybody likes fairy dust until you have  so much of it you forget where it is). Almost everything he's asked for can be used across multiple genres, I really can't see why he would regard them as "EDM" specific.

The real solution then if you are really in need of "more stuff" is to go and buy some plugins and download some free ones. There are some very good free plugins out there. Another thing to do is improve your recording technique so you can customize your palette further, presets can only go so far. Get a Groove3 pass I suggest.

I'm not sure how much he paid for Sonar but I wonder how many third party plugins he could have bought for the price instead. Not that many I suspect. Probably about the same amount as that was included with the Sonar package (or less).

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
Splat
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 18:56:43 (permalink)
Another question I would ask, exactly what plugins supplied aren't EDM friendly?

Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 19:02:48 (permalink)
Splat
I'm not sure how much he paid for Sonar but I wonder how many third party plugins he could have bought for the price instead. Not that many I suspect. Probably about the same amount as that was included with the Sonar package (or less).

Far less. Trust me. That's what I was saying earlier about the other DAWs I was looking at. They were the same price for the core. To get the extras, even just the ones I needed? Those $500 DAWs turned into $1200-1500 money pits very quickly.

Splat
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 19:06:23 (permalink)
komposer
Reaktor.

+1 . You will never ever run out of stuff to play with.

jb101
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 19:52:20 (permalink)
I have asked the OP this question before..

At first he said he was waiting for the latest update of another DAW so that he could compare the two.  When he was told that it was some way off, he was ready to buy Sonar..

The Second time, he told me that he was just about to buy it, as it only cost "pocket change"..

The third time, he had some problem or other with, IIRC, the membership model (even though he only showed an interest with Sonar post X3)..

I have seen many reasons as to why he is Nearly Buying Sonar, but no more.  His knowledge of Sonar, and other DAWS (many of which I have to use, sadly) seem based on hearsay, rather than experience.

In this thread he claims to be "fond of Sonar", but makes no comment about having finally bought it, or even tried the demo.

Meanwhile, back on topic, I know several respected members of this forum who produce EDM.  His "complaints" in this thread do not echo there's.  They have complaints, but his sound like someone who has only read reviews, etc., on the interweb.

I may be completely off the mark, but there we are..

Sonar Platinum
Splat
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 19:54:34 (permalink)
I would add he says he is an EDM producer. So where is his work???
Here's an opportunity for a shameless plug and it will give us an idea of his requirements..

jb101
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 20:07:18 (permalink)
He doesn't need to show his work to me, as there can be many reasons for not posting examples.  I can think of several learned friends on this forum who do not post their work, and do not need to.  Their expertise, knowledge and wisdom speaks volumes.

It might be nice if he could demonstrate any understanding or personal experience of using a DAW, rather than regurgitate marketing blurb, and t'interweb speculation.

Any DAW, I am not fussy.

Sonar Platinum
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 20:08:15 (permalink)
Anderton
Patience, young Jedi.

Two of my contributions for next month are EDaMp, a guitar amp designed for EDM guitar players (all three of them, LOL), and a percussion loop library with three folders:  Electro, Tambourine, and Electronic Percussion. I guarantee you have not heard anything like the Electro one.

As to today, did you check out Brian's loops and the bass synth patches in the Dim Pro expansion pack? Not exactly acoustic... Or the Scratcher in the folder of DJ effects? The Hardcore Drums and Drum Loop Mangler FX chains are pretty industrial but are suitable for EDM. And of course, the Resonator and Tightener folders have FX Chains that can help tremendously with EDM mixes.

All of this is new since Platinum. You really should check them out...even some of the Environments chains are good to layer in the context of chill sets.

New dim pro patches? I thought the new Hardgroove patches are Rapture?

Keni

...Who has consistently been surprised hiw much development time the bakers have placed on loop triggering instruments and the likes. I was glad they give it attention but i was surprised how much...

I have been an electronic music lover back to early Jean Michelle Jarre, Tomita, tangerine Dream, Kitaro, etc... Hmm the name escapes me... Starts with an S i belueve... Made music with Radios and the likes even earlier... Schtockhausen?

But fir me the future is the amalgum of all... Not the exclusive... Even Jean Michelle (who was a guitarist before becomng a synth player) added guitarists to his live electronic performances...

Let's embrace all!

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
Drone7
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 199
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 20:33:31 (permalink)
Anderton
The workflow, interface, and unique features that other DAWs don't have.

Ahh, i see.
You are aware that I can wipe my ass with any brand of toilet paper, aren't you? LOL; so what exactly are you referring to? Are you suggesting that Sonar has reinvented the wheel? Considering that 99% of songs on the charts have not been made with Sonar, what unique feature (as you say) in Sonar would have made world-class songs in the charts better? I'm really dying to find-out just exactly what these so-called unique features are.
What do you think would happen if you said to Pro Tools users or Fruityloop users or Cubase users or Ableton Live users "features that other DAWs don't have". They would rightly laugh at you, correct? Unique features you say? Oh, are they so unique that world-class music hasn't been or can't be released without Sonar, or that any song likely to be released or cannot be accomplished without some enigmatic unique feature in Sonar as you call it? You're simply making no sense whatsoever to me!

Anderton

You really can't generalize that much. Some people buy software for the provided plug-ins, some already have Waves plugs and Komplete and couldn't care less what a DAW includes.   

If then, as you have just inferred, Sonar has superior workflow, how come the most popular and widely-used DAWs in the world are NOT SONAR????????????????? And if included plugins are inconsequential to the buyers as you suggest, then why do so many Sonar users inquire so intently about future forthcoming Sonar updates and ask about what new plugins will be added, and why do you and Cakewalk bother to provide any at all if these are not important? Shall i answer for you? Because "value added" perceptions are 'indeed' very much part of it, regardless of whether users or potential customers already own several preferred plugins, that's why!

Anderton

Just as you say you don't use loops, I don't use presets; I can see where others would find them useful points of departure if they don't know how to create their own sounds. But I think programmers are going to drift toward creating new sounds for something like z3ta 2 because it's more relevant. I'm pretty sure PSYN is DirectX so there's little point in doing new development for it. 

You seem to be suggesting that Z3TA+ has got all bases covered, as if PSYN II and Pentagon are not relevant, strange perception i reckon, but you may need to think again, how on earth is "drifting toward" creating new sounds for Z3TA+ "more relevant"? I asked for an overhaul of the PSYN and Pentagon synth engines, thus we would have three total synths to work with in Sonar right off the bat, correct; in whose mind is it more relevant to make sounds only for Z3TA+ and ignore the others, and why doesn't every EDM producer in the world just use Z3TA+ and get rid of everything else? I don't understand your reasoning, especially when all your comments seem geared toward promoting Sonar under any circumstance, admitting nothing from others criticisms of Sonar, and denying everything else. Yep, it seems i've got "stupid" written on my forehead LOL

Anderton

I think you're missing a very important point. Groove Agent sells for $180. Presumably, that's because it takes time and effort to develop. Similarly, creating new plug-ins requires time and effort. You're not going to get these for free, so if the price of SONAR went up by $200 to pay for creating these new plug-ins for a very specific audience, then anyone who doesn't do EDM is going to say "Screw paying $700 for SONAR, I don't need effing Groove Agent, I'm getting something else."  

And yet we have many plugins inside DAWs that apparently are 'free' by your reckoning, so apparently you are wrong. The large majority of plugins inside Sonar have long been paid for and no longer incur cost and therefore Sonar in it's current state is akin to a money-making tree in one sense. If these things cost money, then how all the latest additions? Didn't they cost money???????? So why aren't we being required to pay more money for those? You reckon it needs money to provide these, seeing as how you wanna wax lyrical about the finer-points of cost LOL
And how come Cubase users didn't complain about the overbloated price of Cubase, did they say "Screw paying $700 for Cubase" (which is what it costs in Australia), and they knew that they were getting Groove Agent LE. How come Logic Pro X comes standard with some necessary plugins that Sonar doesn't have? How come Frutyloops users get free updates for life??? How come Mixcraft Pro 7 is riddled with sounds and a multitude of plugins and only costs $89? Because clearly you're overstating the cost factor, that's why! There's more than one way to skin a cat, and the price of a DAW is not directly related to development costs of plugins! Let's tell the people some truth around here shall we! Why would a drum-machine or three plugins cause a price-rise of $200 to all buyers of Sonar? The price of a DAW is related more to how much money the DAW company think they can save while still garnering sales, and that's the primary driver behind the price, what little can they spend why still competing with the other DAWs, it's all 'perception based' selling, like everything else in the world. An iPhone 6 costs a grand total of exactly $245 to manufacture (that's a fact) and yet it sells for $800 outright, NOTHING TO DO WITH PRODUCTION COSTS!!!. Companies command their own profit margins based on what they think they can get away with and what they think market value of the DAW is, in other words it's based on the universal supply-and-demand principle of all trade. For a closer analysis, lets say 5,000 Sonar users by $200 extra (as you say); that equates to one million dollars, right? Well i can tell everyone reading this that it does not take $1,000,000 to produce three plugins, or just a sampled-based drum-machine plugin, that's for certain, so you're actually quite misleading in your assertions, unless you can prove that making three fairly basic plugins will require $1,000, 000, and i know it doesn't. I could design and produce a software drum-machine with a big palette of 24bit samples for $5000, so what indeed are you on about???

Anderton

6: A dedicated ARP on-par with the one in Logic Pro X, 'integrated' into each channel.
What do the Logic ARPs have SONAR's dedicated arps (that are integrated in each channel) don't have?

Much, actually!

Anderton
Again, consider how much it costs to develop a new instrument, create a new core library, hire sound designers and programmers to create presets...that's going to add a lot to the cost of SONAR. It's better for Cakewalk and uses alike to develop a separate instrument and make it available for sale to those who want it 

But many here have already made it known that they would like Dimension Pro to be updated, it is obvious that the stock sounds are not world-class, so why does Cakewalk keeping shipping this 7 year old Dimension Pro thingy mijig? And as i've already expressed, creating a new core library in a rompler is not as expensive as you would have us believe. Economies of scale would recoup the cost while still boding well for Sonar sales overall. Truth be known, this is really all about Cakewalk essentially saying that this is a DAW for Guitar fiddlers and Trumpet blowers and EP players, and not for EDM producers. So why do you keep resorting to this faulty line of reasoning? Many users of Sonar would be happy to have my suggested plugins onboard, they are relevant and prime fundamentals for EDM, so are you saying that Sonar does not really cater to EDM, and thus my OP? Users of any DAW have the right to say what they desire to see in their DAW, this is well-known, so does Cakewalk have a problem with users mentioning such things? I notice you like to appear as though you always know better, Mr Anderton, and you like to have the last say on any matter as if we have it all wrong, and i'm getting sick and tired of it quite frankly, so shall we leave this here for all to see, and see if you or i get validated by public opinion, and in the meantime maybe you can leave your incessant retorts out of it for a while??

post edited by Drone7 - 2015/03/04 20:57:23
Anderton
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 20:40:57 (permalink)
Keni
New dim pro patches? I thought the new Hardgroove patches are Rapture?

Keni

Yes, it's Rapture. Freudian slip...

Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 20:41:04 (permalink)
If Sonar doesn't meet your needs, don't buy it. Quit bashing on Craig.
rivers88
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 328
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 20:46:34 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby mettelus 2015/03/04 22:05:12
Umm, "Drone7" dude / dudette, whichever you are -

I imagine most of the forum members here find Craig Anderton's contributions MUCH more relevant than yours.
I mean, when your opening statement is "You are aware that I can wipe my ass with any brand of toilet paper, aren't you", you just KNOW the rest of the post is going to be incredibly insightful...

You seem to be basically anti-Sonar, which is fine -
to each his own.  But just curious as to why you're not out spending more time working with all those other products you mention and seem to like, instead of just hanging out here and bashing Sonar and the people that use, support, and appreciate it?

Splat
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 20:49:07 (permalink)
He's still not acknowledging you can get plugins and samples are all over the place for free, and that he can buy them. I guess if this guy was serious and making a living as a producer he would have got a maschine, reaktor or something else by now.

As far as hits that are in the chart, I doubt the producers were here complaing in these forums, I think they were just working on a record and probably made music without much thought.

I'm seeing this more of a 'top trumps' gloss over discussion. It's amazing what marketing can do to people... I'm not really seeing him discuss Sonar in any particular depth, rather he's reading out the supplied goods sheet without drilling into any detail. I sense a lack of knowledge in this field and would strongly recommend a groove 3 subscription.
post edited by Splat - 2015/03/04 20:57:26

Splat
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 20:57:59 (permalink)
Leadfoot
If Sonar doesn't meet your needs, don't buy it.

Yup I recommend pro tools,it's a good product. Ableton may suit you well as well. DAW's are DAW's chose whatever you like. Also get Reaktor and a Maschine. Maybe Giest. If you have enough money get Komplete. Good luck.

Drone7
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 199
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 20:59:49 (permalink)
Splat
He's still not acknowledging you can get plugins and samples are all over the place for free.

Nah, can't be, according to Mr Anderton these would cost a large sum of money to develop, so apparently these guys providing the free plugins are either damn rich and bored, or as i clearly stated, these plugins do not cost anywhere near as much money to develop as some would have us believe. Free? Who do you think you're kidding LOL

And for the record, i do respect Mr Anderton's status in the music industry and his accomplishments, but that doesn't mean i have to be a doormat in these forums and watch him attempt to usurp and contradict nearly everything i say.
post edited by Drone7 - 2015/03/04 21:07:19
Splat
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 21:05:05 (permalink)
Well you seem to know everything then...
As a software developer myself I suggest though you are exaggerating things just a tad and thinking all software development is the same. It isn't. And yes there are MANY motivations..

Spencer
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 299
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 21:13:12 (permalink)
The absolute last thing sonar needs for electronic music is more instruments and audio content. What it needs is duplicate, an automation envelope system that isn't geriatric, and to be able to record soft synths in real-time. All three of these are in the feedback forum right now, I welcome you to give the posts 5 stars.

"world-class" producers don't use any synths that are included in any daw, they use Massive, Nexus, Alchemy, SynthMaster, FM8 and Sylenth. Quite a few of them use Z3ta+ however (it was recently recommended by none other than synthesis god BT in an interview). I don't think there is anything you can do in psyn or pentagon that you can't in z3ta+, so why bother to update these dinosaurs? There's also Rapture, anyway. As for Dim Pro, it's a rompler for old school sounds. Some people prefer making good 90s or 80s music than that ear-raping millennial ****, believe it or not. You need a better rompler: get Nexus. Which doesn't come included with any other daw, again.

If you need a better arp, get a synth with a better arp, or get Cthulhu or Kirnu Cream. There's this thing called VST support for a reason in Sonar.

Jesus H Christ, man.

If anything, I'd say dolts like you are the reason Cakewalk don't spend more time catering to the desires of the electronic music crowd. The guitar grandpas at least don't constantly talk out of their ass and **** and moan incessantly for no valid reason whatsoever.
Splat
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 21:16:01 (permalink)
Drone7
And for the record, i do respect Mr Anderton's status in the music industry and his accomplishments, but that doesn't mean i have to be a doormat in these forums and watch him attempt to usurp and contradict nearly everything i say.

I wouldn't worry about it. Nobody really cares enough about it, we are all to busy writing folk songs and polishing our zimmer frames. At least you are the genius we wouldn't know what we are talking about young man.

BTW

What's a synth? ;)

Splat
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 21:22:20 (permalink)
Spencer
The guitar grandpas at least don't constantly talk out of their ass and **** and moan incessantly for no valid reason whatsoever.

Umm.

No never mind :)
Edit - sorry missed 'constantly'... Count me in :)
Enjoyed the post.

Spencer
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 299
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 21:25:22 (permalink)
No hard feelings
Splat
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 21:27:59 (permalink)
Reminds me. I haven't turned on my Maschine or used Massive/Reaktor/Absynth for quite a while. I feel a tune coming on :)

Or I could just pick up the guitar...
Did a dubstep track last Dec.

Chandler
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 477
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 21:39:06 (permalink)
I produce many different types of music and although Sonar could be improved  as far as EDM goes, I don't understand a lot of the complaints.  Basic EDM sounds can be made in rapture and Z3ta. Of course they may not be exactly what you want, but it's impossible to  please everyone, so that's why 3rd party plug ins exsist. The 2 older Sonar synths are outdated and I don't think there is anyone currently at Cakewalk to can easily update them. Even if they could, why? There are better options available now. Z3ta+2 is extremely powerful, so if cakewalk wants to throw a bone to EDM producers they would be better off adding EDM presets to Z3ta than rebuilding old synths. 

for I do have a suggestion for the bakers when it comes to drums though. License "poise". Poise is a MPC style sampler that lets you trigger and chop samples. It has 16 pads available and each pad lets you layer 4 sounds(maybe more). It also allows velocity layering and round robin. On top of that it has additional features such as filters, velocity randomization, pitch randomization and pad linking. http://www.onesmallclue.com/poise.php.  It comes with some electronic samples, but of course Mr. Anderton could add more. On top of that for people who don't like EDM, it could be used for percussion. Cakewalk could sample shakers, tambourines, marktrees, etc and make it valuable to people who only use traditional instruments too. another idea would be to sample metal hits, door slams, glass breaks, etc and then process them to create a drum kits like Heavyocity Damage. I already have this plug in, so it's not that great for me if it's added to Sonar, but for others I think it would be nice. Alsoit is a tool that can be used in any genre. since the plugin itself is cheap I'm guessing the licensing fee will be quite reasonable, but who knows.

My soundcloud page Chandlerhimself
My Youtube page
Splat
Re: New "Brainchild" release 2015/03/04 21:55:35 (permalink)
Chandler
On top of that for people who don't like EDM, it could be used for percussion. Cakewalk could sample shakers, tambourines, marktrees, etc and make it valuable to people who only use traditional instruments too. another idea would be to sample metal hits, door slams, glass breaks, etc and then process them to create a drum kits like Heavyocity Damage. I already have this plug in, so it's not that great for me if it's added to Sonar, but for others I think it would be nice. Alsoit is a tool that can be used in any genre. since the plugin itself is cheap I'm guessing the licensing fee will be quite reasonable, but who knows.

NO. It can't be true... A plugin that caters for more than one genre of music? Impossible!!! 

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1