Helpful ReplyTascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
Etostone
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 202
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/27 11:11:25 (permalink)
TomDuffy
Recap for TASCAM support - for customers in North America, please use the page here: 
http://www.tascam.com/contact/support

This _will_ generate an auto-response email with a unique Reference number in it.   If you say "I never got a reply", we need you to supply that Reference number so we can look up the conversation.
There is also the phone support line for North American customers. 323-726-0303 ext. 617 (M-F, 8am-5pm Pacific).    Our guys are regular users of our gear, so they can usually spot the hiccups people run into.

For customers in the UK, there is this page:
http://www.tascam.eu/en/support-uk.html

For the rest of Europe:
http://www.tascam.eu/en/supp_interfaces.html 

These two are not as automated. The TEAC EU staff rarely drop things, but they may need more time to research answers.   Things that don't seem right normally reach me through these channels, but we do not read all the forums directly, so we need you to tell us directly what problems you are seeing.   Of course linking in a support request to a forum discussion is fine for providing background.

For elsewhere in the world, find the correct email contact by starting here:
http://www.teac-global.com

If it comes down to "we're not sure what's going on", we have to wait to see if a similar thing occurs for other users before we can see how to divide and conquer.  Accurate information always helps.

Tom.

Tom as you can see there is no way to get a reply from Tascam. This is the 2nd time I try in one month. Your email servers have several problems for at least one month or maybe much longer.  Even Anderton get the same reply and I believe everyone trying to reply back for their issue. By the way do you accept refunds ? 

Etostone Music Producer/Mastering Engineer/Label Owner

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Mastering Site
- Visit my Label Site

TomDuffy
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/27 18:22:20 (permalink)
V1.02 of the Windows driver is ready to go.   For the adventurous, it can be downloaded now from the tascam.jp site, but we should have it up on ours later today.

I'm looking into the automated email issue.

Tom.
Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/01 07:44:18 (permalink)
TomDuffy
V1.02 of the Windows driver is ready to go.   For the adventurous, it can be downloaded now from the tascam.jp site, but we should have it up on ours later today.

Tom.

Hello Tom , 
Thank you very much for the new update. I did a clean install and now I am trying the new drivers with various tests. 
I downloaded the drivers from your main site , still the release notes PDF are in Japanish. I speak 8 languages but still Japanish are not my forte. Is it possible to update the release in English please ? 
I need to test things thorough before I give you any feedback. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/02 21:11:28 (permalink)
Ok I found the english release notes here > http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/857/windows_driver_1_02_relnotes_e.pdf

Still testing ... positive things are happening , but still testing. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Sir Les
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/03 06:15:12 (permalink)

""I don't have any USB power suspend option enabled. ""

it is not something you set to suspend.it is something you set so it does not suspend USB power or use of the hub..as it is automated with windows os to do this when the OS is installed...You have to go into device manager, open up the device tree, for UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLERS/ and select all usb hubs, one by one (go into the properties of each hub via double click, or right click and select properties) POWER MANAGEMENT TAB, and   ""DESELECT""   ALLOW THIS COMPUTER TO POWER DOWN THIS DEVICE....apply..and do the next one...ect.

Hope this helps?...not sure what you mean by the line you said above, so I assumed you did not set up suspend...Just making sure I got what you mean..or you get what they mean...and I clearify it is done!...wink
post edited by Sir Les - 2015/03/03 06:24:32

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
Cactus Music
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/03 10:16:51 (permalink)
Could you try a loop back test, I'm curious about the new TAscam drivers.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Lets-all-TEST-our-Interface-driver-for-offset-m3178396.aspx

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/04 15:19:31 (permalink)
TomDuffy

Tom.

Tom , moment of truth for 1.02 driver update. 
Things are better now . I don't have to reboot my system every time there is a conflict between audio in Sonar and rest of windows audio.  
Still there are issues. 
1) Even if I click on Sonar "Share this driver, etc" I cant play audio simultaneously while Sonar is running and rest of the windows media. 
2) I hear strange audio degrade distortion sounds coming from us 4x4 , or even 0.5 sec audio gaps , after I continuously play music on media player and running my internet browser Chrome , surfing on the net , playing youtube videos , or playing music with windows media player, for about 2 hours.  Those are not pops or clicks. Those are waves of distortion , distorting the whole audio signal for a few seconds , sometimes around 10 secs. 
When this distortion happens , sometimes goes away by it self , or I have to stop playing any audio wait 10 seconds and play again , or worse scenario I need to turn off and on the Tascam rack interface.  Sometimes when that happens and I reboot , Windows can't see the Tascam audio driver . I need to turn off and on the rack device to get the driver to work again.  

3) Driver runs also ok using Adobe Premiere , adobe after effects and the rest of windows audio applications running at the same time (except Sonar of course) 
4) Strange behavior :  With the new update 1.02 , Sonar in few projects that worked fine with 1.01 ,  don't work properly to 512 samples buffer size , or 128 . Whatever is different from 256 samples buffer .However exporting the tracks is working fine . I am still investigating this one, just came up today while I was playing with the buffer size. I will update about this in few days. 

Well things are better for sure . I have uninstalled my previous Asio wrapper driver and I run everything with Tascam drivers. But still there are those issues to fix. 
Even if I can't simultaneously play audio while in Sonar and rest of windows media , however the new audio driver is very stable while I produce inside Sonar and that's good. But I suggest to be able to make the driver to run at the same time when all applications demand it's audio, by having a tick box in the control panel. For the reason if in the future you will be able to make the driver to work this way , there might be stability issues in Sonar. I am not sure. But it would be great if all run great and stable with the same driver, while having running the driver at the same time for all window's needs. 

Thank you for updating to 1.02. I am looking forward to next updates. 

post edited by Etostone - 2015/03/04 20:22:13

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/04 15:42:03 (permalink)
Edited - formatting got all kinds of messed up, with my comments looking like they belonged to person I was quoting, and their comments looking like mind.  I'll just skip it.

Bob Bone
post edited by robert_e_bone - 2015/03/04 18:35:26

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/04 15:45:17 (permalink)
Etostone
Even if I can't simultaneously play audio while in Sonar and rest of windows media...

Did you try what I suggested earlier? Works every time for me, no matter how many Windows programs I open along with SONAR. Maybe disabling system sounds is one reason for success with my system? Also, if following what I did, it's important for SONAR not to share drivers. 

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
lludwick
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/04 16:02:28 (permalink)
Etostone

2) I hear strange audio degrade distortion sounds coming from us 4x4 , or even 0.5 sec audio gaps , after I continuously play music on media player and running my internet browser Chrome , surfing on the net , playing youtube videos , or playing music with windows media player, for about 2 hours.  Those are not pops or clicks. Those are waves of distortion , distorting the whole audio signal for a few seconds , sometimes around 10 secs. 
When this distortion happens , sometimes goes away by it self , or I have to stop playing any audio wait 10 seconds and play again , or worse scenario I need to turn off and on the Tascam rack interface.  

I have seen this distortion on the 4x4. Out of nowhere it distorts and then after a number of seconds it stops distorting. Strangely I think it is only distorting in the output monitoring (in my case headphones). This is because I was recording the stereo output through 3/4. I was playing a midi track previously recorded through my keyboard and recording the synth output to an audio track. During the record I heard the distortion for about 8 seconds in my headphones. Playing back the audio track, it was crystal clear and therefore the distortion for me was only through my headphones.

Another problem I had yesterday was with distortion. I was playing my synth with the pot on the synth set a bit higher than I am used to using. The pots on the 3/4 were a bit lower than usual and there was no distortion lights flashing on the 4x4, but it sounded terrible and it would not go away. I lowered my synth pot and raised the 3/4 pots which cleared up the distortion immediately. It is strange that the 4x4 would let the distortion come through without squawking about the level it was receiving from the synth (as in the flashing red lights I would expect). This would never happen on my old Tascam interface.

Also, I left the 4x4 on for a few hours while I did something else. When I came back the 4x4 was off although still plugged in. I removed the power wart and plugged it back in but still no lights. Finally I disconnected the USB, plugged the USB back and then plugged in the power and all worked fine again. Scary stuff for me having switched over from my old flawless Tascam unit although the new 4x4 has great sound especially for my mikes which sound much clearer and airy now.

Larry Ludwick

My Music on Soundclick:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=823722

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/04 16:20:24 (permalink)
Anderton
Etostone
Even if I can't simultaneously play audio while in Sonar and rest of windows media...

Did you try what I suggested earlier? Works every time for me, no matter how many Windows programs I open along with SONAR. Maybe disabling system sounds is one reason for success with my system? Also, if following what I did, it's important for SONAR not to share drivers. 

Anderton , yes I did it . Still there. 
I believe you are running things with Windows 7 not 8.1 pro 64 .  So It's very different configuration. 
As mentioned the new drivers made US 4x4  run in a decent level in my windows. Still there are all these problems. Now Larry comes to positive confirm about the distortion taking place from nowhere . It happens to me even by just playing media files in media player and browsing on my Chrome . I gave full report in my message above. 
I hope Tascam fix those in the near future. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/04 18:31:19 (permalink)
lludwick
Etostone

When this distortion happens , sometimes goes away by it self , or I have to stop playing any audio wait 10 seconds and play again , or worse scenario I need to turn off and on the Tascam rack interface.  

I have seen this distortion on the 4x4. Out of nowhere it distorts and then after a number of seconds it stops distorting. Strangely I think it is only distorting in the output monitoring (in my case headphones). This is because I was recording the stereo output through 3/4. I was playing a midi track previously recorded through my keyboard and recording the synth output to an audio track. During the record I heard the distortion for about 8 seconds in my headphones. Playing back the audio track, it was crystal clear and therefore the distortion for me was only through my headphones.

Another problem I had yesterday was with distortion. I was playing my synth with the pot on the synth set a bit higher than I am used to using. The pots on the 3/4 were a bit lower than usual and there was no distortion lights flashing on the 4x4, but it sounded terrible and it would not go away. I lowered my synth pot and raised the 3/4 pots which cleared up the distortion immediately. It is strange that the 4x4 would let the distortion come through without squawking about the level it was receiving from the synth (as in the flashing red lights I would expect). This would never happen on my old Tascam interface.

Also, I left the 4x4 on for a few hours while I did something else. When I came back the 4x4 was off although still plugged in. I removed the power wart and plugged it back in but still no lights. Finally I disconnected the USB, plugged the USB back and then plugged in the power and all worked fine again. Scary stuff for me having switched over from my old flawless Tascam unit although the new 4x4 has great sound especially for my mikes which sound much clearer and airy now.

Larry I am glad you are facing the same issues with me. I believe it's a driver or firmware problem. 
Since I can't reach Tascam by Email (faulty Tascam servers), I hope Tom from Tascam is still reading the forums here and confirm those bugs as well. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Anderton
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/04 18:42:46 (permalink)
lludwick

I've tested the preamps on the TASCAM, and the overload indicators acted reliably. Are you sure the gain-staging within the synth was correct, given that its level was higher than usual?

Also, I left the 4x4 on for a few hours while I did something else. When I came back the 4x4 was off although still plugged in.

Do you have the power-saving mode enabled?

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/04 20:05:12 (permalink)
TomDuffy

Tom.

Tom , I also added a 4) sentence to my previous message about my report for your new update . 
Here it is again. 
4) Strange behavior :  With the new update 1.02 , Sonar in few projects that worked fine with 1.01 ,  don't work properly to 512 samples buffer size , or 128 . Whatever is different from 256 samples buffer .However exporting the tracks is working fine . I am still investigating this one, just came up today while I was playing with the buffer size. I will update about this in few days. 

post edited by Etostone - 2015/03/04 20:22:52

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/04 20:31:44 (permalink)
Cactus Music
Could you try a loop back test, I'm curious about the new TAscam drivers.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Lets-all-TEST-our-Interface-driver-for-offset-m3178396.aspx

I would love to help. But somehow I never did such tests to my soundcards. if I find sometime I will post it on your post page.  

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

lludwick
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/04 22:56:07 (permalink)
Anderton
lludwick

I've tested the preamps on the TASCAM, and the overload indicators acted reliably. Are you sure the gain-staging within the synth was correct, given that its level was higher than usual?

Also, I left the 4x4 on for a few hours while I did something else. When I came back the 4x4 was off although still plugged in.

Do you have the power-saving mode enabled?

I was hearing the distortion, but seeing no indication of any problem on the 4x4 in the sense that the warning lights did not flash red as you would expect. I wondered if it was my synth so I connected my headphones to the synth and heard the distortion directly from the keyboard. I discovered I had accidently raised the level on the synth into distortion range. The problem is the 4x4 did not flash red as it normally would if I was passing too high a signal.

On the synth I did drop the level to avoid the distortion from the synth. At that point I had to raise the levels on the 4x4 to get reasonable signal through to Sonar. At that point, if I smashed the keys on the synth the 4x4 would flash the distortion lights appropriately.

Maybe I just don't comprehend what I am doing correctly by thinking that hearing distortion from the synth should also be detected by the 4x4 electronics. On my old Tascam unit, it certainly would have indicated the problem because I have done that in the past enough times. For me this is not a problem because knowing how to solve the problem with settings just forces me to be more careful in the future about my synth and 4x4 settings.

I don't have power-saving mode enabled unless of course it is a default. I am not one to use the interface for most things other than recording. Therefore when I finish a Sonar session, I normally disconnect the USB and then the power from the interface. The fact that I had left it on was an oversight, but it did give me concern when the 4x4 would not wake up. I now know how to wake it up though so for me it is another area of unconcern.

Larry Ludwick

My Music on Soundclick:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=823722

Anderton
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/05 00:20:37 (permalink)
lludwick

I was hearing the distortion, but seeing no indication of any problem on the 4x4 in the sense that the warning lights did not flash red as you would expect. I wondered if it was my synth so I connected my headphones to the synth and heard the distortion directly from the keyboard. I discovered I had accidently raised the level on the synth into distortion range. The problem is the 4x4 did not flash red as it normally would if I was passing too high a signal.

The warning lights don't indicate distortion, they indicate level. So if you feed in a distorted signal that is below the maximum level the 4x4 can handle without distortion, it will not register distortion - it will simply reproduce the distorted signal faithfully.

Remember that once a signal goes into distortion, it "flat-tops" and will not produce any more level, just more distortion. So if the 4x4 was set to accommodate the maximum headroom the keyboard could handle, it would accommodate the maximum amount of headroom with a distorted signal. The only way the 4x4 would indicate distortion is if you exceeded the 4x4's headroom. The synth's headroom has nothing to do with that.

I don't have power-saving mode enabled unless of course it is a default. I am not one to use the interface for most things other than recording. Therefore when I finish a Sonar session, I normally disconnect the USB and then the power from the interface. The fact that I had left it on was an oversight, but it did give me concern when the 4x4 would not wake up.

Go into Control Panel and double-click on the 4x4 driver to open it. You'll see whether the power-saving mode is enabled or not. I think it might be the default, I turned it off a long time ago so I don't remember if it changed with the software revs. It could also be the USB ports shutting down, as mentioned above.

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/06 12:15:35 (permalink)
I believe I found one the reasons of  the distortion/degraded audio I face so far. Whenever audio is played from any player , usually media player, and I surf on the internet , if a page loads up and new photos or graphics come on that page , the audio usually getting distorted and it keeps being distorted until I stop playing the audio . Then I have to wait from 4 - 10 seconds and start to play normal audio , undistorted / undegraded. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Anderton
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/06 12:48:05 (permalink)
Etostone
I believe I found one the reasons of  the distortion/degraded audio I face so far. Whenever audio is played from any player , usually media player, and I surf on the internet , if a page loads up and new photos or graphics come on that page , the audio usually getting distorted and it keeps being distorted until I stop playing the audio . Then I have to wait from 4 - 10 seconds and start to play normal audio , undistorted / undegraded. 

I wonder if all that activity stresses out the computer sufficiently that the latency setting becomes too low temporarily. As an experiment, try setting the latency to the highest "notch" possible and see if this still happens.

Cactus Music
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/06 13:21:39 (permalink)
Why I would never, ever use my DAW as an internet surfing computer. To me that is bad practice and asking for issues. Computers are cheap. Having my DAW screw up because I'm using it on line? 
I need my DAW,,  and if spending $300 on a second computer makes my DAW run smoothly and safe from unwanted intrusions, that is money well spent. 
I actually have been recycling my old DAW's into my office computers so they don't end up costing me much extra. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  

Sir Les
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/06 15:40:41 (permalink)
HDMI audio through video card still on?

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
Anderton
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/06 15:59:14 (permalink)
Cactus Music
Why I would never, ever use my DAW as an internet surfing computer. To me that is bad practice and asking for issues.

I think TASCAM would likely assume someone buying an ASIO audio interface with class-A preamps is going to be using it on their DAW and leave it at that. But I have found it handy to "proof" a video on YouTube while SONAR is open. Unlike the OP, however, for whatever reason I can run Windows audio and SONAR ASIO at the same time.

Cactus Music
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/07 00:00:52 (permalink)
I'll agree to a point as it is probably system dependent.  My latest build I have been forced to hook up a wireless usb connection to do all these now mandatory updates and software registration crap. All I need to do is unplug it from the USB dock and goodbye internet. But I have forgotten to do this a number of times now and have been surprised that no weirdness happens. This certainly wasn't the case a short while ago. I'd have dropouts galore on my old DAW if I left it on line. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  

robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/07 02:32:22 (permalink)
Some wireless drivers really whack out the DPC Latency on a computer, and some do not.

If I am using wireless connection to the web, I generally will turn it off, or go into Windows Device Manager and disable the Wi-Fi just prior to launching Sonar, and that usually does the trick - especially with laptops, which really seem susceptible to the Wi-Fi drivers being present and enabled when trying to use a streaming audio application, such as Sonar.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/08 12:28:45 (permalink)
Anderton
Etostone

I wonder if all that activity stresses out the computer sufficiently that the latency setting becomes too low temporarily. As an experiment, try setting the latency to the highest "notch" possible and see if this still happens.

That might be a reason. I am testing with 1024 buffer now. Well 1024 is not getting a punch audio signal with my Sonar. Everything works more synced in 512 or 256 buffer. I will try to see if I get a distortion signal with longer buffers, I am still testing in 1024. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/08 12:29:29 (permalink)
robert_e_bone
Some wireless drivers really whack out the DPC Latency on a computer, and some do not.

If I am using wireless connection to the web, I generally will turn it off, or go into Windows Device Manager and disable the Wi-Fi just prior to launching Sonar, and that usually does the trick - especially with laptops, which really seem susceptible to the Wi-Fi drivers being present and enabled when trying to use a streaming audio application, such as Sonar.

Bob Bone

No Wirless internet here. It's Lan connected. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/08 12:30:41 (permalink)
Sir Les
HDMI audio through video card still on?

Sir les , well nothing like this in my settings. I am trying 1024 buffer to see if I get any distortion now. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/08 14:05:57 (permalink)
Anderton
Etostone

Tests done . Still I get distorion while graphics come up from browsing the internet with Chrome and play whatever audio from any media player. That of course happens between 1 hour or 2 hours after computer is workin. Sometimes earlier . 
Anderton I would like to ask you something. When I setup for Auto on / off , when computer turn off after a while the rack 4x4 is turned off as well. but when I turn my PC on , the rack is not turning on automatically. I have to manual remove and instert the power cable. I feel it's a hardware bug or driver bug . It's Auto turn off , but it's only manual turn on. That happens under my configuration . 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/14 23:01:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby AntonyBanderos 2015/03/16 13:02:38
TomDuffy

Tom.

Anderton please send a msg to Tom , I am not sure if he is checking this post any more. You could help a lot of users. Thank you a lot once more. 

Tom I have tested the driver 1.02 to full capacity and there are still many bugs. Although it's much better and I don't need the Asio wrapper driver anymore , still there are very annoying issues. Please take those details serious into consideration. Here are so far the following : 

1) Even if I click on Sonar "Share this driver, etc" I cant play audio simultaneously while Sonar is running and rest of the windows media. Tascam 4x4 drivers are the only audio drivers running in my system. 

2) I hear strange audio degrade distortion sounds coming from us 4x4 , or even 0.5 sec audio gaps , after I continuously play music on media player and running my internet browser Chrome , surfing on the net , playing youtube videos , or playing music with windows media player, happening in random times.  Those are not pops or clicks. Those are waves of distortion , distorting the whole audio signal for a few seconds , sometimes around 10 secs. 
When this distortion happens , sometimes goes away by it self , or I have to stop playing any audio wait 10 seconds and play again , or worse scenario I need to turn off and on the Tascam rack interface.  Sometimes when that happens and I reboot , Windows can't see the Tascam audio driver . I need to turn off and on the rack device to get the driver to work again.  After testing a lot , that usually comes while new graphics coming up while surfing the internet , I use google Chrome. That's not a conflict with my Geforce GTX 970 card . Even I set my windows to run with "Best performance" settings in the System of the windows settings , still the problem is there. 
Setting various buffer from 256 to 2048 to Tascam panel , that doesn't fix the problem. 
My computer is running totally fine and after testing with DPC latency checker , It's really going great. > 

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

3) Audio stop playing or having random audio degrade distortions while playing a movie with VLC player(the best player in my opinion). That happens randomly. It could happen after 30 minutes , or never , or while clicking often to the seekbar timer.  That doesn't happen to another player I tried BS player . Bs player plays ok so far. 
I have tried various audio settings in VLC but still I get the same issues. Audio can also be disabled randomly and with no reason , and conflicts the whole windows audio. That means I can't play any audio even with media player , and need to turn off and on the device to get in back working. 

4) The auto on / off function from the Tascam panel , is auto off , but it's not Auto on. That means the device doesn't turn on automatically when I turn on the computer , waiting even 15 minutes after windows log in and start to play audio , device is not turning on automatically. I need to get the cable off and then to insert in so to force it to power on. Then it starts ok. 

I have a feeling both a firmware and driver update is needed. 

Thank you for reading , I hope all these could be fixed and enjoy a nice Win environment. 

post edited by Etostone - 2015/03/15 00:25:19

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

AntonyBanderos
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/16 13:09:24 (permalink)
Hi guys! Sorry for my English.
I have this problem. Inputs 3 and 4 on the US 4x4 I hooked up the Yamaha MOXF6. These inputs I switched the mode to "stereo" using the Tascam control panel. When I turn off the computer and audio interface begins to operate in standalone mode, the inputs are switched back to mono mode. The condition of the control panel are not saved in the device memory!
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1