Locked[FAQ]Changing your payment preference FAQ

Author
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 751
2015/03/16 10:17:37 (permalink)

Changing your payment preference FAQ

Greetings,

There has been some confusion as of late around what happens when you want to change your payment preference. Hopefully this will answer all of those questions.

Can I change from monthly to annual?
Yes you can, here is how:
  1. Find the latest payment confirmation email you received.
  2. In that email there will be a link to cancel your membership, click that link it will bring you to a confirmation page. 
  3. Visit the cakewalk store and purchase the annual option
Can I change from annual to monthly?
Yes you can. Once your annual payment expires (SONAR will tell you this in the help > about dialog) Simply visit our shop and purchase the pay as you go option.

Can I cancel my pay as you go and purchase my annual membership from a retailer?
Yes you can, here is how:
  1. Find the latest payment confirmation email you received.
  2. In that email there will be a link to cancel your membership, click that link it will bring you to a confirmation page.
  3. Your purchase will include a redemption code, visit www.cakewalk.com/redeem to activate your annual membership.
Will I get a new serial number when I change my membership payment preference?
No you will not, this is intentional so that you don't end up with 5 different SONAR serial numbers in a 4 year period.

I just changed from monthly to annual but SONAR still says my membership expires soon - what gives?
It sounds like something went wrong, this shouldn't happen but sometimes it can occur if any of the following are true:
  • You initiated a refund via Cleverbridge
  • Your bank/credit card company issued a chargeback
  • You redeemed or made your annual purchase using a different Cakewalk account
  • You received SONAR as part of an early-access, beta, NFR or other special program
In this situation contact Cakewalk customer service as soon as possible.

I received an email that my payment was declined. How do I change my payment information?

The email will include a big link to a page where you can change your payment information. You will need to do this before you miss the deadline.

post edited by Willy Jones [Cakewalk] - 2015/06/26 22:26:22

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1