Unusual C3 Behavior after Cambridge Install

Author
davidrousseau
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
2015/03/27 19:48:15 (permalink)

Unusual C3 Behavior after Cambridge Install

This post concerns issues that might be tied to the Cambridge install.  I use the word might because I have many products that work with Sonar that are also being updated.  The problems im currently having is a blank GUI on certain waves plugins, and I'm wondering about the pros and cons of the CCC feature to roll back to previous versions.  I had activation issues as well as CCC "forgetting" that I had updated everything.

Further info:

I've been pretty happy with the CCC concept and did my initial install, as well as the Braintree release using CCC with no issues.  When I installed Cambridge last night, after the extra docs and tutorials loaded,  I fired up Sonar and got the Blue Box in the lower right notifying that activation had failed and I had 13 days to fix.  Prior to starting sonar, all CCC items were green.  After the activation issue, I went directly to the Cakewalk site and verified that the serial number was the same as shown in command center (it was) but the command center now showed all items in red, as if I never did the install.   I could do a "save as" and Sonar appeared OK, but my Waves Q10 had a blank white GUI.  It was processing sound, and presets worked.  I just had no edit capability.  

As of this morning, no more activation balloon so I chalked it off as a slow server response, heavy demand, etc.  Today, since all the items in Cambridge were already downloaded in the content folder, I reinstalled, and all is green except the additional docs and tutorials.  The missing Waves GUIS DO appear when I open them in the X2 version.  I'm taking a break...  it looks like one of the Waves with the missing GUI (The Q10 eq) exists as VST2 and VST3, and I loaded the VST2 version.  Loading the VST3 didn't work either.  CLA Vocals only existed as VST3, and not VST2, and it was blank also.  

I did a repair on the Waves install and made sure the problem plug were in the VST paths and in the plug in manager, but stopped there since they work in Sonar X2.  Cambridge is quite new so I thought it best to report any issues for reference by others if those problems pop up again.  

David Rousseau

Windows 7 x64, Intel I7-3770K, Integrated NVidia HD4000, 16G Ram, Asus P8Z-77V LK, Intel Z77 Chipset, Samsung EVO 850 256G SSD,  Sonar Platinum with Braintree and Cambridge Release.  Initial machine build (fresh Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition) started as Sonar X2, upgraded to X3 and Platinum via subscription model, so X2 and X3 are still functional.  UAD Apollo Duo via Firewire 800 as audio interface, using Waves Gold and several separate Waves plugins authorized to USB, Slate Products authorized to iLok, XLN Audio AD2 and AD Keys,  AMP Sims: Amplitube 3, Scuffham, Guitar Rig, Peavey Revalver 4.  

post edited by davidrousseau - 2015/03/27 19:55:30

1 Reply Related Threads

davidrousseau
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: Unusual C3 Behavior after Cambridge Install 2015/03/27 20:47:25 (permalink)
    The blank Waves GUI issue can be solved by creating a text file here:  C:\ProgramData\Waves Audio
    called no_context_sharing.txt.  You may have to manually create the folder if you have only activated waves via USB.  This fix was also posted in this forum in 2013 but didn't show up when I searched the forum.  I'm not listing it as solved because of the control center issue, showing nothing updated after I had downloaded and updated everything.  In the future I'll probably post each problem as a separate issue since part of this one is fixed.   I think the fix originated with Waves tech support related to multiple instances of plugins, like 32.  I only had 2 running but so far so good now.   On to a few Melodyne and AD2 licencing issues I had to fix last time because I was a previous owner prior to inclusion in Sonar
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1