audio snap by mistake

Author
LENovik
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 122
2015/03/28 17:43:15 (permalink)

audio snap by mistake

I have never knowingly used Audio snap. Today, I went to save a file, and it said I couldn't save it as a Cakewalk Bundle--the type of file I usually use to save songs. It said that I had Audio snap markers or time stretched data. My guess is that I must have hit some button, and done this by mistake. I did look thru my files to see if I could see any markers that looked like they might be something to do with audio snap, but I didn't see any. Is there a way to find these markers? Perhaps if I know what I was looking for.... Interestingly, I did find that there was a short pause in 1 particular area, but I just thought that was some sort of glitch. I would like to be able to correct that, esp if that is the audio snap or timing stretch that I inadvertently put in.
Thanks.
LNOvik

9 Replies Related Threads

Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 6475
    Re: audio snap by mistake 2015/03/28 20:31:57 (permalink)
    You dont mention the version of SONAR you have. In the latest version of SONAR if you select all and then right click on the audio snap power button in the AudioSnap palette, you can choose to clear all audiosnap markers. That will remove all audiosnap from the project and allow you to save as bundle again.

Noel Borthwick
    Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
    My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
    gswitz
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5694
    Re: audio snap by mistake 2015/03/28 20:55:27 (permalink)
    I'm using Sonar Platinum and I've seen the message on projects where I never used AudioSnap multiple times while mixing a recording from two weeks ago. I split the recording into different projects for each song. Sometimes when opening I get messages about still processing transients or whatever.

No where in the project have I used AudioSnap.

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
    I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 6475
    Re: audio snap by mistake 2015/03/28 22:00:40 (permalink)
    If you used VocalSync behind the scenes it will also use audio snap.

Noel Borthwick
    Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
    My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
    gswitz
    Re: audio snap by mistake 2015/03/28 22:28:55 (permalink)
    Hmmm. So that's a fair question. Since it's new, did I ?? 

I can't be sure. I don't remember trying it on one of the projects that my friends have asked me to mix, but it's hard to promise I didn't.

I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    LENovik
    Re: audio snap by mistake 2015/03/29 06:58:03 (permalink)
    I don't have the very latest version, but I did update to X3 producer just about 4 months ago. I will try it on my version to do what Noel Borthwick rec'ed, but I don't even know what an audio snap power button would look like. I have looked hard at all the buttons at the top of my Sonar screen, and even hovered above them, looking for Audio Snap to be revealed. However, no luck. 
    Thanks again. ALso, I have not used Vocal Sync==I think it's only in the latest version.
    LNovik
    Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: audio snap by mistake 2015/03/29 07:06:57 (permalink)
    One thing..
    I strongly recommend NOT to use cwb as the only format of saving you projects. If the bundle goes corrupt, you lose the project permanently and totally. Using cwp (and Per Project Audio folder) you'll at least have all the audio intact.
    There are posts here about lost cwb's at least monthly.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    gswitz
    Re: audio snap by mistake 2015/03/29 07:14:33 (permalink)
    To make Audio Snap visible, select your track, then press Alt+A or alternatively Views > Audio Snap.

The power button is a circle with a line in it in the top row. It should be obvious to you.

Anderton
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14070
    Re: audio snap by mistake 2015/03/29 12:12:46 (permalink)
    Kalle Rantaaho
    One thing..
    I strongly recommend NOT to use cwb as the only format of saving you projects. If the bundle goes corrupt, you lose the project permanently and totally. Using cwp (and Per Project Audio folder) you'll at least have all the audio intact.
    There are posts here about lost cwb's at least monthly.

Agreed. Per-project audio folders should be the primary way to backup, bundles as a convenience when sharing projects. Bundles themselves do not "self-corrupt," but losing just one bit in the media on which it's stored will likely mean losing the entire file. 

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
    LENovik
    Re: audio snap by mistake 2015/03/31 20:54:26 (permalink)
    Re: "To make Audio Snap visible, select your track, then press Alt+A or alternatively Views > Audio Snap.
     The power button is a circle with a line in it in the top row. It should be obvious to you."--by gsWitz

I must say that pressing Alt-A did not get me anything. However, when pressing Views, I did find the "Audio SNap pallette." Though I DID find the power button--just like other power buttons--I did find it curious that there were only 2 shades: white and black. I can't figure out, for sure, which is on and off. However, being that the 3 other buttons at the top were blackish, I assumed black was off. I also opened a "New audio track," and saw that all of the buttons were black.
    The bad news is that after I made sure all buttons were black in all my audio tracks, I still coudln't save the file in a Bundle format---even though I've been hearing that doing so is VERBOTTEN.
    I must say that when, after going back into Sonar, I go to look for this file that is supposedly NOT being saved, it seems to still be labeled as a Bundle file, even though it says I can't save it that way when trying to save. Perhaps I'm not saving my new data, but I don't where the new, non-Bundle fileis ending up.
    My questions are: if saving as a  Bundle without saving individual audio files is NOT rec'ed, is there a simple but effective way to save files that other people rec. I am doing this as a hobby, though I would rather not, obviously, lose files. and 2)does anyone else know how to get rid of the Audio snap message, assuming the  off position in Audio Snap pallette is black.
    Hope all this is clear.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1