Chord Track, Mastering Suite and K-Meter

Author
kson
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 540
2015/03/29 18:00:04 (permalink)
5 (6)

Chord Track, Mastering Suite and K-Meter

I'd love to see CWS implement a chord track feature such as the one in Cubase.  I think coupled with the arpeggio, it would be inspiring.

Also, I'd like to see CWS implement a mastering suite along the lines with the one in Studio One.  I have found it to be extremely convenient when making minute changes to masters.

I master to the K-Metering System.  I know there are third-party options but it would be nice if this was available in Sonar as well.

If CW could do this, I could stop shuffling between DAWs every time I want to use an exclusive feature.  It would save me money as well because I wouldn't have to update or purchase any other items other than CW.  I love the workflow and UI of CW and still use it as my daily driver, but it would allow me to be so much more productive.
post edited by kson - 2015/03/30 21:55:26

4 Replies Related Threads

Brando
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2776
    Re: Chord Track, Mastering Suite and K-Meter 2015/03/31 10:03:58 (permalink)
    kson
    I'd love to see CWS implement a chord track feature such as the one in Cubase.  I think coupled with the arpeggio, it would be inspiring.

Also, I'd like to see CWS implement a mastering suite along the lines with the one in Studio One.  I have found it to be extremely convenient when making minute changes to masters.

I master to the K-Metering System.  I know there are third-party options but it would be nice if this was available in Sonar as well.

If CW could do this, I could stop shuffling between DAWs every time I want to use an exclusive feature.  It would save me money as well because I wouldn't have to update or purchase any other items other than CW.  I love the workflow and UI of CW and still use it as my daily driver, but it would allow me to be so much more productive.

You've added another feature request to your original post. I think they're all valid ideas and worthy of some consideration but as they are different features, would they get more support if you broke them out into separate posts? Right new it seems to be an all or nothing request.

Brando
    Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
    Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
    ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
    kson
    Re: Chord Track, Mastering Suite and K-Meter 2015/03/31 14:39:35 (permalink)
    Brando,

It's definitely not all or nothing.  CW can pick and choose as they wish.  They're just some of my suggestions to make life easier for some of us.

Also, the K-meter was just something originally omitted that popped into my head.  I saw no reason for an additional post.  Hopefully they'll notice the addition just you did.

Best,

RKS
    Brando
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2776
    Re: Chord Track, Mastering Suite and K-Meter 2015/04/01 09:27:06 (permalink)
    +2 (2)
    I think you are missing an opportunity to have other users VOTE on your ideas by grouping them like this.
    Anyway if you don't agree, consider this a friendly bump for the thread.

Brando
    Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
    Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
    ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
    kson
    Re: Chord Track, Mastering Suite and K-Meter 2015/04/01 11:16:39 (permalink)
    Ah.  I wasn't thinking on those terms, more for efficiency. 

As I go through the threads, I see that others have mentioned the chord track as well.  Hopefully if CW sees how many threads there are with the mention, they will consider implementing it.

Thanks.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1