PRV Controller Pane ... implementation ideas

Author
williamcopper
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1120
2015/03/29 13:16:29 (permalink)
4.75 (4)

PRV Controller Pane ... implementation ideas

For anyone who uses midi, the PRV controller pane is going to be a butt for jokes, it is so bad.    So here are a couple of ideas:

1)  a "preferences" category, applying to all tracks:   in my case, Volume (CC7) and Pan (CC10)  are set once in every track.  But I DO NOT want to ever see them again.   Expression (CC11) I always want to see.   Sustain Pedal (CC64) sometimes yes and sometimes no.   Modulation (CC1) sometimes yes and sometimes no.    Pitch Wheel, likewise. 

2) a per-track category.   It would be acceptable to set up a midi track and say, "show me CC11, CC64", while  for another track, I'd say "show me CC1 and Pitch Wheel".

3) have the controller pane default to "show nothing except active track velocity".   Then I'd add a controller if needed to the pane.

4) have individual controller lanes inside the controller pane be re-sizeable.  Right now, you must make every controller large to see one controller large, they all have the same size.

5) have a dialog, per PRV window, that allows for multiple selection (and doesn't close each time you select something!!!)

6) ignore midi channel -- maybe by optional preference -- midi channel is hardly ever relevant, and if you copy from one track into another track, the midi channel is copied too, which results in ANOTHER silly line of controllers .

2 Replies Related Threads

williamcopper
    Re: PRV Controller Pane ... implementation ideas 2015/04/01 08:00:58 (permalink)
    Quote: 
    4) have individual controller lanes inside the controller pane be re-sizeable.  Right now, you must make every controller large to see one controller large, they all have the same size.

5) have a dialog, per PRV window, that allows for multiple selection (and doesn't close each time you select something!!!)

6) ignore midi channel -- maybe by optional preference -- midi channel is hardly ever relevant, and if you copy from one track into another track, the midi channel is copied too, which results in ANOTHER silly line of controllers .

And
    7) fix bounce to clips.   It has been a necessary thing to use to avoid sonar crashes (many clips = crash and/or faulty GUI).   But it changes midi events too, and that should never be done secretly. 
    williamcopper
    Re: PRV Controller Pane ... implementation ideas 2015/04/09 17:18:39 (permalink)
    From the Kontakt5 reference manual:   Sampler Controls, MIDI:   "Sets the MIDI port and channel this Group will respond to.   Use this only if you want different Groups responding to different MIDI channels, otherwise set the Instrument's MIDI channel in the instrument Header..."
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1