Helpful ReplyA word of thanks to The Bakers

Author
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
2015/04/01 04:04:43 (permalink)

A word of thanks to The Bakers

Hi Gang...

In all the excitement and confusion of all the new purchase/install routines I haven't gotten to say thanks...

Though it still need more fine tuning, separating different elements from the core download package made the downloads much easier to manage... A little more subgrouping and it will feel very comfortable...

I know CCC needs a bit more growing up, but I think it's a fine first release... Not without some issues, but the basic workings and concept are cool...

Thanks Bakers!

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
gswitz
Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5694
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/01 06:45:54 (permalink)
Nicely said, Keni.

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
bluzdog
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1928
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/01 08:04:21 (permalink)
Ditto.....The new Sonar has been working flawless on my machine. It seems to use less resources as well. Thanks Bakers.

Rocky
nebukenazar
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/01 08:08:54 (permalink)
I use sonar till sonar 3 release. Sonar 8.5 was the last version before i got sonar platinum. I can say; Sonar Platinum is the Best.

Cakewalk Sonar Platinum on windows 10 pro x64
Cakewalk VS - 100 v1.5
Yamaha HS80M
Roland Fantom G8
Samson C03
Roland Lucina AX09
Medelli 518dx
Lord Tim
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 837
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/01 08:32:23 (permalink)
+1 

WWW: www.lord.net.au  FB: www.facebook.com/lordtimofficial
Bandlab: www.bandlab.com/lordtim

Cakewalk by Bandlab / DAW: i7 M620 @ 2.67 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win10 64 Bit [eng], TASCAM US-16x08 @ 5.8ms (22.7ms RTL) ASIO, Behringer UMX61 Keyboard Controller.
Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/01 08:41:59 (permalink)
You guys are really doing some great work. I love all the improvements you have been making. Thank you for all your hard work!
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/01 08:48:17 (permalink)
I totally agree...what Cakewalk has done is remarkable. But the really good news is that the membership program is still in its infancy, and we'll get to see it become more locked down every month instead of once a year.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Mesh
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/01 09:00:22 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SF_Green 2015/04/03 02:39:55
Very good to hear Craig. It makes such big difference when there's regular updates/support (something for us GAS sufferer's to look forward to :)), and also a HUGE difference in having you here interacting with us......it keeps things in a positive perspective.
Thank you!!

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
g_randybrown
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3522
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/01 09:21:32 (permalink)
It makes such big difference when there's regular updates/support (something for us GAS sufferer's to look forward to  :))

Good point...kinda like having a B-day every month!

G. Randy Brown 
Windows 10, 64 bit, Platinum
Intel Core i7-3770S
Asus P8Z77-V LK mobo   
4X8GB Corsair XMS3 memory 
500 GB Crucial BX100 SSD (OS)
two WD Black 1 TB HDD
SAPPHIRE DUAL-X 100314-4L Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 
Presonus AudioBox 22VSL
youtube.com/crystalclearnm
FCCfirstclass
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 969
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/01 09:56:29 (permalink)
+1 to the Bakers.  And thanks.

Win 10 Pro x64, 32Gb DDR3 ram, Sonar Platinum, Cubase 9.5, Mackie MCU Pro, Cakewalk VS 100, Roland Octa-Capture,  A 800 Pro, Carver M-1.5t amp & C4000 pre amp, various mics, drums and brass instruments.

And away we go!
Skyline_UK
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2133
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/01 10:42:26 (permalink)
I've been using Platinum hard recently and yes, it's the bees' knees. Loving it!
Many thanks CW for your hard work.

My stuff

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads, 16GB RAM.
OS & Programs drive: 240GB SSD
Data drives: 1 x 1TB drive RAID mirrored, plus extra 1TB data drive 
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Cakewalk by BandLab 64 bit, Studio One 3, 
Band In A Box 2016, Ozone 8
+ too many other plugins
BandLab page
musicroom
Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2421
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/01 11:19:44 (permalink)
I like it - keep those monthly presents coming. We're all the spoiled kids in the daw neighborhood now.

Dave
Songs

stevec
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/01 20:57:25 (permalink)
musicroom
I like it - keep those monthly presents coming. We're all the spoiled kids in the daw neighborhood now.

Ain't that the truth...

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Anderton
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/01 23:55:47 (permalink)
The biggest surprise to me has been Platinum's extremely high level of stability. Granted I have a well-tuned computer, but still, I don't think it's just because of the hardware.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/02 00:19:15 (permalink)
Anderton
The biggest surprise to me has been Platinum's extremely high level of stability. Granted I have a well-tuned computer, but still, I don't think it's just because of the hardware.

I thought X3 e was the most stable release ever. That is no longer true. First it took 6 patches to get X3 e as stable as it was. Platinum was extremely stable on first release. That is a huge accomplishment.

I think adding features as they are truly ready is the key to this new stability. Plus we have something to look forward to each month. I hope the Bakers don't get burned out by this. It is asking a lot of them.

I believe your point is well worth underlining Craig.    

Best
John
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/02 02:15:52 (permalink)
Even though us experienced users seem to be having a very positive experience with Platinum, I can't help but notice the number of new users who are having difficulties. I think this is an area where Cakewalk could put in some more effort.

The number of times I read "I open up Audacity or Reaper or such and such and it just works".

That reflects my experience too. I can install those programs and have my audio interface (an RME UFX) turned on and when the installation is finished I can play back audio and record audio without any other settings having to be changed. Even my onboard audio device is easily picked up and ready for replay at least.

That's not the case with Sonar. Even after doing its sound card profiling (aimed at Windows sound devices) very rarely does it all work and even when it does it's not setup for ASIO rather WDM or WASAPI.

I think attention in that area would go a long way toward making Sonar more user friendly to first time users.
post edited by mudgel - 2015/04/02 02:22:30

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
djwayne
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2021
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/02 02:28:20 (permalink)
Anderton

I have a cheap Dell second generation i3, with 8 gigs of ram and 1000 gig drive. Sonar Platinum is running very well on this cheapo computer. No complaints here !!
John
Forum Host
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/02 02:34:21 (permalink)
mudgel
Even. though us experienced users seem to be having a very positive experience with Platinum, I can't help but notice the number of new users who are having difficulties. I think this is an area where Cakewlak could put in some more effort.

The number of times I read "I open up Audacity or Reaper or such and such and it just works".

That reflects my experience too. I can install those programs and have my audio interface (an RME UFX) turned on and when the installation is finished I can play back audio and record audio without any other settings having to be changed. Even my onboard audio device is easily setup for replay at least.

That's not the case with Sonar. Even after doing its sound card profiling very rarely does it all work and even when it does it's not setup for ASIO rather WDM or WASAPI.

I think attention in that area would go a long way toward making Sonar more user friendly.

Mike you make a strong point. With profiling Sonar can only work on WDM and the like not ASIO. ASIO is not a Windows driver. 

I have had much harder times with other audio programs to work where Sonar has been a breeze to me. Sound Forge is one that can be a beast to work with hardware. 

I think the problem is too many new users have their own idea how things are supposed to work. Few ever read the manual or apparently the help file either. Thus we get the post that is based on a misconception. For a program as deep as Sonar is I'm not too sure how CW can improve this problem. For now all we can do is help as best as we can. 

Also the very thing that makes Sonar so versatile is the fact that it can use just about any audio driver. Others limit what they will support. How many support Direct X and VST for example. 

Its a perplexing problem but I believe this forum is part of the solution.  

Best
John
mudgel
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/02 02:47:32 (permalink)
John
mudgel
Even. though us experienced users seem to be having a very positive experience with Platinum, I can't help but notice the number of new users who are having difficulties. I think this is an area where Cakewlak could put in some more effort.

That reflects my experience too. I can install those programs and have my audio interface (an RME UFX) turned on and when the installation is finished I can play back audio and record audio without any other settings having to be changed. Even my onboard audio device is easily setup for replay at least.

That's not the case with Sonar. Even after doing its sound card profiling very rarely does it all work and even when it does it's not setup for ASIO rather WDM or WASAPI.

I think attention in that area would go a long way toward making Sonar more user friendly.

Mike you make a strong point. With profiling Sonar can only work on WDM and the like not ASIO. ASIO is not a Windows driver. 

I have had much harder times with other audio programs to work where Sonar has been a breeze to me. Sound Forge is one that can be a beast to work with hardware. 

I think the problem is too many new users have their own idea how things are supposed to work. Few ever read the manual or apparently the help file either. Thus we get the post that is based on a misconception. For a program as deep as Sonar is I'm not too sure how CW can improve this problem. For now all we can do is help as best as we can. 

Also the very thing that makes Sonar so versatile is the fact that it can use just about any audio driver. Others limit what they will support. How many support Direct X and VST for example. 

Its a perplexing problem but I believe this forum is part of the solution.  

Sound forge and Vegas spring to mind. Both use DX and VST, will select a windows driver model by default and just run immediately after installation. I know because I've tried it. They also allow you to use ASIO if you choose.

You mention too many users have their own view of how to do things and that's my point exactly. Sonar doesn't do enough ( clearly something these other programs can do ) which then leads people to experiment because it's not clear what to do.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

Anderton
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/02 09:11:22 (permalink)
mudgel
Sound forge and Vegas spring to mind. Both use DX and VST, will select a windows driver model by default and just run immediately after installation. I know because I've tried it. They also allow you to use ASIO if you choose.

While I agree SONAR setup could be easier if users are willing to accept poor latency performance, I think 90% of the issue involves Windows. The only time I've had the experience Mudgel describes is on the post-OS X Mac. The low-latency Core Audio interface protocol is the only Mac audio protocol. Software and hardware knows what to look for and what to find. Core Audio even allows for easy aggregation.

Yes, Vegas just works but that's because it defaults to the inefficient Microsoft Sound Mapper. If SONAR defaulted to that, we'd be getting posts like "latency problems" and "strange distortion at low latencies" or even "can't adjust latency."

The unfortunate reality for Windows-based musicians is that the most "universal" low-latency protocol for Windows is not from Microsoft and not part of the OS. That means the user has no guarantee of being to access that protocol. There is also no guarantee an interface will work with WDM/KS, which is my experience is decent but not equal to ASIO. Who even knows what WASAPI and WAVErt are...DirectSound...MME...(and don't get me started on ASIO4ALL).

So then it's necessary to select ASIO and it's associated I/O, and that's not easy in any program. I won't name names but I've used no Windows program that didn't require multiple steps to get it to speak ASIO to an audio interface.

What would be cool is if upon opening SONAR for the first time, you had to choose one of the following and SONAR would act accordingly:

• I am using an external interface and its ASIO drivers are installed
  • I am using a computer's internal sound card
  • I have no clue. Start the wizard and yes, I realize this will now take up 15 minutes of my life

But back on topic...yes, thanks to the Bakers. They done good, and continue to get better.

BassDaddy
Max Output Level: -33 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4232
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/02 09:46:43 (permalink)
djwayne
Anderton

I have a cheap Dell second generation i3, with 8 gigs of ram and 1000 gig drive. Sonar Platinum is running very well on this cheapo computer. No complaints here !!

i3 with 4 threads, more than 3GHz, 8 gigs RAM and terabyte of hard drive and that's a cheapo. Boy, have things changed in 10 years. Anyway, I agree very stable. And what is better than that? All the cool stuff in SONAR and you can just fire it up and use it.

It's Bass, not Bass.
i7 2700K, 16GB DDR3, 2 SSD sample drives and OS drive, HDD SATAIII for projects, 2 24" monitors
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, Focusrite VRM Box, LAVA Lamp, SONAR Platinum 64 bit, Mackie MCU and 1 MCU XT, Akai Advance 49, Windows 10,
Komplete 9 Ultimate, Cakewalk, Toontrack, IK, AAS, XLN, UVI, Air Music Tech, Waves Factory, Sample Tek and Sonivox VSTi's. Overloud, T-Racks, Audio Damage, D16, Nomad Factory, Waves Gold FX 
mudgel
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/02 22:06:40 (permalink)
Anderton
mudgel

While I agree SONAR setup could be easier if users are willing to accept poor latency performance, I think 90% of the issue involves Windows. The only time I've had the experience Mudgel describes is on the post-OS X Mac. The low-latency Core Audio interface protocol is the only Mac audio protocol. Software and hardware knows what to look for and what to find. Core Audio even allows for easy aggregation.

Yes, Vegas just works but that's because it defaults to the inefficient Microsoft Sound Mapper. If SONAR defaulted to that, we'd be getting posts like "latency problems" and "strange distortion at low latencies" or even "can't adjust latency."

The unfortunate reality for Windows-based musicians is that the most "universal" low-latency protocol for Windows is not from Microsoft and not part of the OS. That means the user has no guarantee of being to access that protocol. There is also no guarantee an interface will work with WDM/KS, which is my experience is decent but not equal to ASIO. Who even knows what WASAPI and WAVErt are...DirectSound...MME...(and don't get me started on ASIO4ALL).

So then it's necessary to select ASIO and it's associated I/O, and that's not easy in any program. I won't name names but I've used no Windows program that didn't require multiple steps to get it to speak ASIO to an audio interface.

What would be cool is if upon opening SONAR for the first time, you had to choose one of the following and SONAR would act accordingly:

• I have no clue. Start the wizard and yes, I realize this will now take up 15 minutes of my life

But back on topic...yes, thanks to the Bakers. They done good, and continue to get better.

As silly as it may look in type that's exactly the sort of thing I mean. As it is now if you're a new user Sonar does a profile of your audio systems for Windows drivers like WDM etc and that's where the problems start.
Sorry for taking this thread off topic. My comments came on the heels of both yourself and John lauding Sonar's stability and while that's true for many it's not true for the many that come to the forum and of those, many are new users, or at least appear new because of their forum status.
Anyway back on topic, there are many things to applaud about this release and while that's the case I think we should also continue to try and make Sonar better out of the box for inexperienced users. I'd like to say that Cakewalk have shown an extraordinary capacity to listen to the users and that's probably the best feature we have.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

submarin
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 260
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/02 22:28:53 (permalink)
Maybe Windows 10 will change something..

i7 4770, 32 GB Ram, W8.1 64bit, RME Digiface, 3x RME Adi DS, Uad2 Quad, , Sonar Platinum, Cubase 8 pro, Reaper , Ableton Live
www.m2-productions.com
John
Forum Host
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/03 00:33:13 (permalink)
mudgel
Anderton
mudgel

As silly as it may look in type that's exactly the sort of thing I mean. As it is now if you're a new user Sonar does a profile of your audio systems for Windows drivers like WDM etc and that's where the problems start.
Sorry for taking this thread off topic. My comments came on the heels of both yourself and John lauding Sonar's stability and while that's true for many it's not true for the many that come to the forum and of those, many are new users, or at least appear new because of their forum status.
Anyway back on topic, there are many things to applaud about this release and while that's the case I think we should also continue to try and make Sonar better out of the box for inexperienced users. I'd like to say that Cakewalk have shown an extraordinary capacity to listen to the users and that's probably the best feature we have.

If I were coming to Sonar today and I knew nothing about it or computers or digital audio or MIDI I would be in deep, deep trouble. I would be very surprised if I could get any sound at all. But guess what I did come to digital audio knowing nothing. I was not born having any knowledge of MIDI and Sonar was not even an audio program. It was something the Navy used. I had to study and study hard to learn all of that and a lot more to boot. This is with some knowledge of music and that was not easy to learn either.

All of us have to start at some point and learn. When I started there was no Sonar forum for there was no Sonar.

Every scale I practiced every beet I did as a child trying to learn music was a struggle. No one can promise a quick and easy time getting oneself into a DAW based system. It will take time and effort. There is no shortcut or simple way to learn this. In the end when you have learned some things you begin to appreciate the DAWs that have inherent versatility. The ones that work with all sorts of stuff. The ones that will take everything you throw at it and just work.

Thats the way I view Sonar. Its not for the raw beginner. Its not meant to be easy by limiting what it can do. Its meant for those that need power and already know a few things. Years ago when a new user came on here we often advised them to read the manual. Now the manual is over 2000 pages and we still need to read it throughly. 

There is nothing easy about any of this. There never was. What CW has done is try hard to make it as easy as they can without making Sonar useless to those that do know how this all works.

Now we have a DAW that is so stable and powerful its down right breathtaking.

Best
John
mudgel
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/03 01:10:49 (permalink)
John
mudgel
Anderton
mudgel

If I were coming to Sonar today and I knew nothing about it or computers or digital audio or MIDI I would be in deep, deep trouble. I would be very surprised if I could get any sound at all. But guess what I did come to digital audio knowing nothing. I was not born having any knowledge of MIDI and Sonar was not even an audio program. It was something the Navy used. I had to study and study hard to learn all of that and a lot more to boot. This is with some knowledge of music and that was not easy to learn either.

All of us have to start at some point and learn. When I started there was no Sonar forum for there was no Sonar.

Every scale I practiced every beet I did as a child trying to learn music was a struggle. No one can promise a quick and easy time getting oneself into a DAW based system. It will take time and effort. There is no shortcut or simple way to learn this. In the end when you have learned some things you begin to appreciate the DAWs that have inherent versatility. The ones that work with all sorts of stuff. The ones that will take everything you throw at it and just work.

Thats the way I view Sonar. Its not for the raw beginner. Its not meant to be easy by limiting what it can do. Its meant for those that need power and already know a few things. Years ago when a new user came on here we often advised them to read the manual. Now the manual is over 2000 pages and we still need to read it throughly. 

There is nothing easy about any of this. There never was. What CW has done is try hard to make it as easy as they can without making Sonar useless to those that do know how this all works.

Now we have a DAW that is so stable and powerful its down right breathtaking.

Thankyou John. Your first 2 sentences make my argument exactly. There are indeed many on this forum who come here with no knowledge of DAWs etc and find themselves in deep trouble to use your words.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

John
Forum Host
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/03 01:21:49 (permalink)
Mike we'll throw them a led life preserver. 

Best
John
thaddeusjon
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/03 03:11:19 (permalink)
I'm no newbie, but I've been away from using DAWs a few years due to lack of time, but tried to stay in the know of things, because I like making EDM. Now that I have found and made time, Sonar is the right DAW for me.
Yes there is a learning curve and things can get a bit tedious with Sonar. And I have Sonar Pro so I don't have all of the toys. I also have Reaper as well. And Mudgel you're correct, Reaper is up and running and you don't have to fiddle and a bus/send is just another track, but you know what? For all I get with Sonar and for it's price, I'd rather the learning curve needed to run it.
Anyone that needs to get into the swing of things has this forum, but more efficient is the fact that Cakewalk also has the Anderton workshop tutorials just to name things a newbie can do to get up to speed with the Software.
A bit of study and realizing the why for the process is alot better than ( in my opinion ) making everything easy. Hats off to the bakers in my opinion. Keep up the good work.
My only peeve with Sonar is the fact that my upgrade to Platinum costs more than pre-owning X3 for the upgrade. But it won't stop me from making the jump, because it is an awesome product. Worth the learning of it's use to make music making easy.
Anderton
Re: A word of thanks to The Bakers 2015/04/03 10:28:43 (permalink)
I can assure all concerned that making SONAR easier to use is always in the back of everyone's mind at Cakewalk. But they also can look further into the future than us mere mortals because they work so closely with Microsoft. As Submarin says, "Maybe Windows 10 will change something" and if so, then Cakewalk is probably not bothering with improving the experience with Windows 7 or 8 because they're just going to have to do it all over again with 10. Or maybe not. I don't know, but Cakewalk does want to make their software as accessible as possible.

I tend to think (not dropping hints here, just speculating) that the most foolproof solution would be to have hardware designed specifically for SONAR, and the pair would take care of the driver installation and recognition from the program. This would not preclude having the hardware being more "universal" as well.

I'm seeing collaboration between Cakewalk and TASCAM (the DSD capabilities are a direct result of that collaboration), and I expect that any level of collaboration will increase over the years. But again, I don't know...just thinking out loud and extrapolating the present into the future.

I do know that Neat Microphones is looking at ways to collaborate with Cakewalk as well...the whole Gibson Brands thing should have a major impact in the years ahead.

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1