Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio

Author
ltb
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2707
2015/03/23 16:10:25 (permalink)

Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio

Excalibur is the powerful new plugin that lets you create some of the most innovative effects ever. Whether you're looking for delays, flangers, dynamic filters, phasers, pitch shifters or more, Excalibur is what you need. Its dynamic modulation is at home in music production, post and live performance.

Check out our new Excalibur page and ee what top professionals like Kenny Gioia, Gary Lux (Ben Harper, Sting, Norah Jones) and Stephen Gallagher (The Hobbit, King Kong, District 9) have to say.

You can own Excalibur for the low introductory price of $119 (€109), but only through April 10. After that, it returns to the regular price of $199 (€179).
Hear Excalibur for yourself at Exponential Audio. Better yet, grab a demo code from the website and try it yourself for 21 days (iLok2 required)

http://www.exponentialaudio.com/

15 Replies Related Threads

ltb
    Re: Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio 2015/03/23 20:58:31 (permalink)
    Excellent plugin, a no brainer for me. It's got that neutral clarity & quality of PhoenixVerb.
    I also remembered there's an upgrade center if you already have any Exp. products.
    http://www.exponentialaudio.com/upgrade-center2
    ltb
    Re: Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio 2015/03/31 21:44:42 (permalink)
    updated Excalibur Version 1.0.2

• The tempo delay calculation was a little bit off. It's now fixed.
    • The Master Feedback control wasn't functional. It is now.
    • There was a bug in the reverb time modulation feature. That's now corrected.
    • The voice effect limiter has been greatly improved. This completely tames some of the high levels you might have encountered in some presets--especially those with resonators.
    • There's a new limiter in the voice feedback path. While intended primarily as a safety feature, it does offer some interesting new possibilities.
    • Many preset change noises have been further reduced or eliminated. You may have noticed this with presets like "Swedish Kill". Please continue to report any problems that might remain.
    • Some preset levels have been adjusted and there are several new presets.
    You can see the version of Excalibur by clicking on the Exponential Audio logo on the plugin. The information page will show you the version. You may also see an automatic update notice on the Excalibur GUI. If you do, simply click on the notice and it will take you to the download page. You can also get to the download page by clicking right here. This download is available whether you're running a full licensed copy or a demo.
    Bajan Blue
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2029
    Re: Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio 2015/04/01 01:51:23 (permalink)
    HI Carl
    Did you get this, is it any good? - when they emailed me it was available I listened to the demos on the their website and I have to say they did not blow me away - I felt I could get at least the same results with what I already have.
    Thanks
    Nigel

Nigel
    Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
    www.devinelie.com

ltb
    Re: Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio 2015/04/01 09:03:05 (permalink)
    I wasn't planning on getting it either until I demoed. The quality is what got me to purchase, put on a few tracks & really liked what  heard. Kind of warm & rich, not sterile. CPU friendly & efficient. I'm using 3-5 instances per project so far, no issues or crashing.
    Also nice is that it's modular, all in one. I never got into these types of fx plugins so I don't have many of the others, this will fit into my toolbox nicely.
    With the intro & previous customer discount it was around $100.00

As always try the demo if you can, you might not feel the same way as I do about it.
    Lots of presets too & these are very useable.
     Try it on projects where there's already delay/ slap on your guitars then try swapping them out with this. Simply start with the 'Guitar' presets.

*Sale ends April 10
    post edited by carl - 2015/04/07 13:13:00
    wst3
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1979
    Re: Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio 2015/04/01 19:29:13 (permalink)
    I should know better... I should NOT have downloaded the demo. I should NOT have installed the demo. I should NOT have tried the demo. And I'm pretty sure I can't afford to buy the plug-in, but I've already goofed three times, so I think I'll make it 4.

This is an outstanding tool... deep, sounds great, and I suspect I'll be learning new things about it for a very long time!

-- Bill
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF
    Bajan Blue
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2029
    Re: Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio 2015/04/02 07:56:10 (permalink)
    Carl / Bill
    Thanks for the comments - think I'll have to go try the demo!!
    Nigel

Nigel
    Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
    www.devinelie.com

wst3
    Re: Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio 2015/04/02 14:16:29 (permalink)
    Warning - don't start the demo if you don't have the cash... it is that cool!

-- Bill
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF
    Jim Roseberry
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9871
    Re: Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio 2015/04/03 00:00:47 (permalink)
    I haven't demo'd this plugin (yet).
    If it's in the same league as Phoenix Verb, I'll probably not even fool with the demo (just get it straight away).
    How is the subtle pitch-shifting?  In league with Eventide hardware?

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    wst3
    Re: Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio 2015/04/03 08:54:47 (permalink)
    I have not demo'd R2 or Phoenix Verb yet, don't have the resources to purchase either one just now, and running the trial would likely make do something foolish<G>!

But I will tell you that Excalibur is on a par with not just some of my favorite UAD plugins, but also my PCM-80.

What I like about Excalibur:
    1) it covers a LOT of sonic turf, everything from gentle chorus to bizarre sound design
    2) the user interface is laid out logically, and I can find everything I need
    3) I was able to use it, and create my own patches without opening the manual... been a while since I could say that, heck, I can't say that about the PCM-80!
    4) the preset library probably has a preset you can use, or use as a starting point, and the library browser works nicely.
    5) the sound quality - and let's be honest, this is what makes or breaks any audio tool. The sound quality is on a par with any plug-in I've ever used, and my hardware. It does not sound exactly like the UA Cooper Time Cube (although I've been trying!), nor does it sound exactly like the PCM-80, but it has that same vibe, if that makes sense. It just sounds good (or weird, or downright bad, depending on your objective).

Can't think of a single complaint.

Except that of course now I am (more) curious about his reverb plug-ins!

-- Bill
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF
    bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re: Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio 2015/04/03 10:07:56 (permalink)
    Jim Roseberry
    How is the subtle pitch-shifting?  In league with Eventide hardware?

This would be my interest as well. An H3000 for a hundred bucks, that would be a deal indeed.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    wst3
    Re: Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio 2015/04/03 10:46:47 (permalink)
    It has been quite a while since I've used Eventide hardware, but from memory I'd say that Excalibur is in the same league as the old hardware in terms of sound quality. There is one preset, can't recall the name, that does that modulated pitch shift chorus absolutely beautifully. Stunning really.

There are some great plug-ins out there, this is one of them.

-- Bill
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF
    ltb
    Re: Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio 2015/04/05 16:30:41 (permalink)

Updated -Excalibur Version 1.0.3

Excalibur has had a fantastic welcome from mixers doing all sorts of work, so tt's not really surprising that a few additional issues have turned up. Exponential Audio is committed to providing the most dependable plugins and timely support possible. So here's V1.0.3.

What's in this version? You can check the release notes (included with the installer) for more detail. But here are the critical items:
    • Some of the buttons weren't being automated. That's now fixed. This shouldn't affect any existing sessions, but if you have automated sessions, a backup is still a good idea.
    • Some of the threshold detection was a little off at very low levels. This has been corrected, and it opens up some new possibilities.
    • A few Pro Tools users observed that Excalibur should appear under more categories. Now it does!
    • New presets. There are quite a few new presets targeted mainly toward Percussion and Post. But you might find them useful, whatever you do.
    Jeff M.
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 541
    Re: Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio 2015/04/05 19:36:38 (permalink)
    I'm trying to resist getting this, but it's not working out very well.
    Probably going to pick this one up before the 10th.

Platinum 64
    RME UCX | Studio Cat Platinum: i7 2700k @ 4.5Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 | Win 7 64
    Komplete Kontrol S61
    Gibson, Jackson, Parker, Suhr, Breedlove, Taylor, Lakland, Peavey, Marshall, Kemper
    ltb
    Re: Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio 2015/04/10 08:23:31 (permalink)
    Jeff M.
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 541
    Re: Excalibur FX plugin | Exponential Audio 2015/04/10 20:57:33 (permalink)
    Sonar Platinum wasn't listed on the "What DAWs does Excalibur work in?" page, so I sent a Contact Us mentioning it was working fine with no issues.
    Michael emailed back about 30 mins later - he added it to the FAQ on the site.

Cool stuff!

Platinum 64
    RME UCX | Studio Cat Platinum: i7 2700k @ 4.5Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 | Win 7 64
    Komplete Kontrol S61
    Gibson, Jackson, Parker, Suhr, Breedlove, Taylor, Lakland, Peavey, Marshall, Kemper
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1