Author
mattyegg
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2015/04/04 07:01:51 (permalink)

Issue wth playback using Fender Mustang Floor - Music Creator 6

Hey Guys,

First time post, be gentle!

I've just bought a Fender Mustang Floor which connects to PC via USB and have Fender Fuse software installed.

Have introduced the Amp/floor Unit to Music Creator 6 utilizing the Fender ASIO driver as shown in Music Creator help, I can record onto tracks but can't get any play back through either the Fender device (headphones attached) or my PC speakers. Within the Preferences/Audio/Devices section the Playback Device shows Fender Universal ASIO Not Connected 1
Recording device show Fender Universal ASIO Mustang Amplifier 1.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Cheers
MattyEgg

PS below is a copy of MC6 setup instructions which I've carried out

Below are instructions for configuring Music Creator 6 for use with your Fender Mustang    
    To configure your Cakewalk software, please do the following:    
  • Click Edit > Preferences
  • Under the Audio section on the left, click on Devices
  • From the 'Driver Mode' dropdown select ASIO and then click Apply
  • Make sure one of your Fender Mustang drivers is selected as 'Playback Device'. It is best to select the output that you have speakers or headphones connected to.
  • Make sure one of your Fender Mustang drivers is selected as 'Recording Device'. It is best to select the input that you have your microphone connected to.
  • Click Apply and then OK
  • Finally, all audio playback will occur from the Fender Mustang device. Make sure you have your speakers or headphones connected to its outputs

3 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re: Issue wth playback using Fender Mustang Floor - Music Creator 6 2015/04/04 07:33:00 (permalink)
    using ASIO you will not be able to get playback through your computer speakers.  ASIO limits you to one soundcard use and the way you have it set up, that soundcard is the Fender Mustang.

it appears that you do have it set up correctly in MC 6 if you have the RECORDING and PLAYBACK DEVICES both set to the Fender Mustang, so you should be able to hear output FROM the MUSTANG ONLY.

however, if you're not hearing anything there, then I would think there's a setting in the Fender Fuse software which is not set correctly to send output to the headphone output of the Mustang.  I suggest looking in the manual and checking the FUSE software for the correct setting to send the output to the Mustang.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    mattyegg
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Issue wth playback using Fender Mustang Floor - Music Creator 6 2015/04/04 07:46:45 (permalink)
    Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm not getting any playback from the Fuse now that you mention it. I'll give the manual a good read and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.
    MattyEgg

robert_e_bone
    • Total Posts : 8968
    Re: Issue wth playback using Fender Mustang Floor - Music Creator 6 2015/04/05 03:47:56 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forums, by the way.  There are a bunch of really knowledgeable and helpful folks in here.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
    Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
    Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
    Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
    MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
    Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1