Import specific tracks from a bundled project file into my current project file.

Author
woodyjoyner
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2015/04/21 13:35:14 (permalink)

Import specific tracks from a bundled project file into my current project file.

I can't find the path to import a track audio file that is part of a bundled project file sent by a friend. I only need the lead and bass tracks and want them imported into my current project.

Thanks for any help!!!

Woody

4 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Import specific tracks from a bundled project file into my current project file. 2015/04/21 14:38:59 (permalink)
    Open the bundle in MC, export each track you want in the new project. Then open the new project and import the waves.
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Import specific tracks from a bundled project file into my current project file. 2015/04/22 07:35:11 (permalink)
    Yeah... you will need to open the bundle. Then, it's simply a matter of selecting the tracks you want in the other project and with it open as well, you can drag the tracks between the two projects. Once the project has the tracks in it that it needs, simply close the bundled project and work on the important one.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re: Import specific tracks from a bundled project file into my current project file. 2015/04/22 09:11:26 (permalink)
    Guitarhacker
    Yeah... you will need to open the bundle. Then, it's simply a matter of selecting the tracks you want in the other project and with it open as well, you can drag the tracks between the two projects. Once the project has the tracks in it that it needs, simply close the bundled project and work on the important one.

No, you can't drag between the two projects because MC doesn't allow you to open more than one project at a time.  sonar does, but not MC.

scook's solution is the correct one.  open the bundle, export the tracks you want to move into another project, just select TRACKS as the "SOURCE CATEGORY" so that you're exporting individual tracks and not the output of the bus.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Import specific tracks from a bundled project file into my current project file. 2015/04/23 07:43:08 (permalink)
    Beagle

No, you can't drag between the two projects because MC doesn't allow you to open more than one project at a time.  sonar does, but not MC.

My bust.... well, I never really drag and drop anyway.... but I have tried it and it must have been Sonar, because it worked.  I tend to create a folder to hold all the song files and tracks and export the tracks to it....then import as needed

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1