Helpful ReplySo why is no one talking about the next update?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
gswitz
Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5694
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/23 23:26:02 (permalink)
Craig, are you going to let us learn from some of your magic this time? By that, I mean enable us to dig into the chains and see how they are constructed?

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/24 00:12:36 (permalink)
gswitz
Craig, are you going to let us learn from some of your magic this time? By that, I mean enable us to dig into the chains and see how they are constructed?

Not yet...

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/24 00:37:28 (permalink)
I think this next release is more part of what has become routine after the initial release followed by two others.

The major concern was will Cakewlak deliver on their promises and they shown unequivocally that they are good to their word in providing updates, fixes, new features and content.

Hopefully that's taken a lot of anxiety out of the forum content and generally I think it has.

So I figure the next release will come when it's ready and Craig's already given us a preview of the next content.

All good.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
noynekker
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1235
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/24 01:27:30 (permalink)
mudgel
I think this next release is more part of what has become routine after the initial release followed by two others.

The major concern was will Cakewlak deliver on their promises and they shown unequivocally that they are good to their word in providing updates, fixes, new features and content.

Hopefully that's taken a lot of anxiety out of the forum content and generally I think it has.

So I figure the next release will come when it's ready and Craig's already given us a preview of the next content.

All good.

At the beginning of the membership push in January, there was a promise about a "surprise" yet to come.

While I generally like some of the new features provided in the recent updates, I'm just not a fan of the over abundance of content stuff. I just want new features and fixes, though I know it must take more resources to develop these type of things. I find myself downloading content things and never using them. Anything that's really new and interesting, such as Rapture Pro, and David Bendeth plugin, you just have to buy, they aren't included as "surprising" new features.

I'll also add that I haven't been overly enthusiastic about much that's been added to Sonar Platinum.
The only feature improvements that I have really used extensively in my workflow are the REmatrix PC Reverb, and Control Bar updates . . . now that was great . . . but then it got broken for this last month.
Did I miss the surprise ?

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Cubase, RME Babyface Pro, Intel i7 3770K @3.5Ghz, Asus P8Z77-VPro/Thunderbolt, 32GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, 250 GB OS SSD, 2TB HDD samples, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, backed up by Macrium Reflect, Novation Impulse 61 Midi Key Controller, Tannoy Active Near Field Monitors, Guitars by Vantage, Gibson, Yamaki and Ovation.

ShellstaX
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 502
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/24 01:33:01 (permalink)
[UPDATE]: Re pedalboards ... (didn't mean to confuse).

This is taking Touchscreen control a bit far!

I've now gotta do it with my foot ???  !!! :).

Mind your step - especially if you have logs for calves.

post edited by ShellstaX - 2015/04/24 01:53:49
noynekker
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/24 01:37:34 (permalink)
What ?

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Cubase, RME Babyface Pro, Intel i7 3770K @3.5Ghz, Asus P8Z77-VPro/Thunderbolt, 32GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, 250 GB OS SSD, 2TB HDD samples, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, backed up by Macrium Reflect, Novation Impulse 61 Midi Key Controller, Tannoy Active Near Field Monitors, Guitars by Vantage, Gibson, Yamaki and Ovation.

mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/24 02:13:21 (permalink)
Sonar is only just now been out for 3 months. We've been told about the drum replacer (yet to come), virtual keyboard (already here) something else I can't remember (yet to come) and also talk of a surprise. Give it some time.

Under the old model we would have Sonar 2015 and working with that while we wait a full release cycle before new stuff.

The content is Guitar centric because Craig is providing it, but it's made by using the tools available in Sonar. Craig's answer to, can we know how it was created, was not yet and I suspect the last instalment of this particular content will be how he did it, any way that's what I hope for. I really don't need more guitar stuff as I have more than I could ever use already but that doesn't mean it's not interesting to check out.
I'm sure that at the end of the first year the new release model will have been a positive experience.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2819
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/24 07:34:08 (permalink)
It's Update time, and there's no need to be afraid
At Update time, we let in light and banish shade
And in our world of plenty, we can spread a smile of joy

Throw your arms around the world
At Update time

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER
  +++   Visit the Rehab   +++

DAW: Platinum/X3e, win10 64 bit, i7-3930K (6x3.2GHz), Asus Sabertooth X79, 32 GB DDR3 1600MHz, ATI HD 5450, 120 GB SSD OCZ Agility3, 2x 1TB WD HDD SATA 600
Audio-Interface: 2x MOTU 1248 AVB, Focusrite OctoPre, (Roland Octa-Capture)   Control-Surface: VS-700C 
VSTi: WAVES, NI K10u, FabFilter, IK, ... (too many really) 
dwardzala
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1470
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/24 07:57:20 (permalink)
John
Whats to talk about? Until CW announces something its all speculation.  

And that's stopped us when, exactly. . .

Dave
Main Studio- Core i5 @2.67GHz, 16Gb Ram, (2) 500Gb HDs, (1) 360 Gb HD
MotU Ultralite AVB, Axiom 49 Midi Controller, Akai MPD18 Midi Controller
Win10 x64 Home
Sonar 2017.06 Platinum (and X3e, X2c, X1d)

Mobile Studio - Sager NP8677 (i7-6700HQ @2.67MHz, 16G Ram, 250G SSD, 1T HD)
M-Box Mini v. 2
Win 10 x64 Home
Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

Check out my original music:
https://soundcloud.com/d-wardzala/sets/d-wardzala-original-music

Karyn
Ma-Ma
  • Total Posts : 9200
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/24 08:02:25 (permalink)
dwardzala
John
Whats to talk about? Until CW announces something its all speculation.  

And that's stopped us when, exactly. . .

2/3/2015 @ 11:24:35 AM

re-started at 2/3/2015 @11:24:36 AM

Mekashi Futo
Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

Anderton
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/24 09:18:16 (permalink)
noynekker
While I generally like some of the new features provided in the recent updates, I'm just not a fan of the over abundance of content stuff. I just want new features and fixes, though I know it must take more resources to develop these type of things.

One more time...content development and features/bug fixes have nothing to do with one another. The content I create is for my own use and it's contributed to the updates. No bug fixes (or kittens) were killed in the making of the content.

I find myself downloading content things and never using them.

The content is the icing on the Cake. Some will appeal to some people but not others. Some will appeal to almost everybody and some will appeal to almost nobody. But look at the content that's been included already -- loops, an instrument, FX chains, and ProChannel presets; additional types are coming in the future.

Anything that's really new and interesting, such as Rapture Pro, and David Bendeth plugin, you just have to buy, they aren't included as "surprising" new features.

The Membership program is for SONAR, not other Cakewalk products although I suspect some of the "membership mentality" will work its way into other products as well.

I'll also add that I haven't been overly enthusiastic about much that's been added to Sonar Platinum.

The community made it clear that a substantial number of users prioritized "under the hood" fixes and enhancements to improve workflow and stability. If you look over the fixes and enhancements over the past 90 days as well as the delta from X3 to Platinum, I think you'll see that the wishes of the community have been both respected and answered. The fact that I've had Platinum crash once in three months, and that was due to deleting a file that REmatrix Solo needed in a project, is something I certainly appreciate.

We're only 16% through the first year of membership. I think a lot has been accomplished in that time. There's 84% more to go.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
FCCfirstclass
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 969
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/24 09:45:44 (permalink)
Anderton
CoteRotie
Green sounds 20-40% better.

Orange amps will be very disappointed to hear that 

FCCfirstclass
I prefer a Sky Blue.

The pedalboards in the picture are all presets derived from two basic pedalboard types, Clean and Crunchy. I actually had a 9th pedalboard for surf music, and it had a blue background. But it uses a different set of modules and I didn't want to release a pedalboard with just one preset. I'm thinking of making a "60s" pedalboard, and Surf would be one of the presets. If people like these I'll probably do more.

Of course, just because I have some finalized content and am posting a picture here that was used in the 24-page eZine would not mean that an update is forthcoming. No, not at all. Just move along. There's nothing to see here...

Craig, I am all in for Surf music, using Sky Blue of course, if you get that far.  

You are the Jedi Master.

Win 10 Pro x64, 32Gb DDR3 ram, Sonar Platinum, Cubase 9.5, Mackie MCU Pro, Cakewalk VS 100, Roland Octa-Capture,  A 800 Pro, Carver M-1.5t amp & C4000 pre amp, various mics, drums and brass instruments.

And away we go!
BassDaddy
Max Output Level: -33 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4232
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/24 10:00:15 (permalink)
mudgel
Sonar is only just now been out for 3 months. We've been told about the drum replacer (yet to come), virtual keyboard (already here) something else I can't remember (yet to come) and also talk of a surprise. Give it some time.

Under the old model we would have Sonar 2015 and working with that while we wait a full release cycle before new stuff.

The content is Guitar centric because Craig is providing it, but it's made by using the tools available in Sonar. Craig's answer to, can we know how it was created, was not yet and I suspect the last instalment of this particular content will be how he did it, any way that's what I hope for. I really don't need more guitar stuff as I have more than I could ever use already but that doesn't mean it's not interesting to check out.
I'm sure that at the end of the first year the new release model will have been a positive experience.

It's already been positive. Updates, fixes and free stuff every month. Once we get through May and the "E" update we will be in new territory. There was no X3h.

It's Bass, not Bass.
i7 2700K, 16GB DDR3, 2 SSD sample drives and OS drive, HDD SATAIII for projects, 2 24" monitors
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, Focusrite VRM Box, LAVA Lamp, SONAR Platinum 64 bit, Mackie MCU and 1 MCU XT, Akai Advance 49, Windows 10,
Komplete 9 Ultimate, Cakewalk, Toontrack, IK, AAS, XLN, UVI, Air Music Tech, Waves Factory, Sample Tek and Sonivox VSTi's. Overloud, T-Racks, Audio Damage, D16, Nomad Factory, Waves Gold FX 
brconflict
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1891
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/24 10:20:00 (permalink)
I had to comment on this heading. We went from everyone talking about updates, but no updates coming, to--updates coming frequently and nobody discussing. Just a little irony here. I gotta say, I like the way things are going now. Bug fixes can be had sooner.

With that said, I encourage CW to go back through the Feature Requests in the Feedback loop and review many of them. Some are probably great ideas that will be lost if not pocketed and reviewed to see if they fit better today.

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.
noynekker
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/26 00:49:29 (permalink)
Anderton
noynekker
While I generally like some of the new features provided in the recent updates, I'm just not a fan of the over abundance of content stuff. I just want new features and fixes, though I know it must take more resources to develop these type of things.

One more time...content development and features/bug fixes have nothing to do with one another. The content I create is for my own use and it's contributed to the updates. No bug fixes (or kittens) were killed in the making of the content.

I find myself downloading content things and never using them.

The content is the icing on the Cake. Some will appeal to some people but not others. Some will appeal to almost everybody and some will appeal to almost nobody. But look at the content that's been included already -- loops, an instrument, FX chains, and ProChannel presets; additional types are coming in the future.

Anything that's really new and interesting, such as Rapture Pro, and David Bendeth plugin, you just have to buy, they aren't included as "surprising" new features.

The Membership program is for SONAR, not other Cakewalk products although I suspect some of the "membership mentality" will work its way into other products as well.

The community made it clear that a substantial number of users prioritized "under the hood" fixes and enhancements to improve workflow and stability. If you look over the fixes and enhancements over the past 90 days as well as the delta from X3 to Platinum, I think you'll see that the wishes of the community have been both respected and answered. The fact that I've had Platinum crash once in three months, and that was due to deleting a file that REmatrix Solo needed in a project, is something I certainly appreciate.

We're only 16% through the first year of membership. I think a lot has been accomplished in that time. There's 84% more to go.

Craig . . . I don't like the way you have responded to my post here, chopping and editing it into pieces, and the points you make don't not actually offer a very good counter argument. You come across here as the ultimate Cakewalk defender, while throwing in a flippant joke about no kittens were killed in the making of your content.

When you say "content development and features/bug fixes have nothing to do with one another. The content I create is for my own use and it's contributed to the updates." . . . are you perhaps assuming that we all want your own personal version of added content ? Yeah, we don't have to download and install it, but it waters down the updates to the software that are actually happening here, making it seem like we're getting so much more than we actually are.
I'm glad you've had only one Platinum crash in three months, for me, crashing has never been the issue.
Yes, Sonar Platinum is stable, but I'm starting to lose faith in the intent of the upcoming program feature improvements . . . they aren't fulfilling my needs as a composer / producer of music.

One point I was trying to make in my previous post is that we have been baited with a promise of a "surprise" since January, and now I can't even find that page on the Cakewalk website . . . again, did I miss the surprise ?

Anderton
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/26 03:22:06 (permalink)
noynekker

Craig . . . I don't like the way you have responded to my post here, chopping and editing it into pieces

I didn't edit anything, those are direct quotes and presented sequentially except I didn't include the first line:

"At the beginning of the membership push in January, there was a promise about a 'surprise' yet to come."

...which I didn't answer because I'm not privy to what any surprise might be so I don't have any comment, and the last two lines:

"The only feature improvements that I have really used extensively in my workflow are the REmatrix PC Reverb, and Control Bar updates . . . now that was great . . . but then it got broken for this last month.
Did I miss the surprise ?"

...because I didn't see any of it requiring a response. Okay, there are some things you like, and I wasn't going to argue that the control bar isn't really broken (i.e., unuseable) but simply that you couldn't lock the order of the shortcut buttons, and besides, a fix is forthcoming so the point is moot. But if it's "broken" to you, then you think it's broken and that's okay with me. Just like it's okay with me you don't like the content. But, that doesn't mean it should be removed - it's clear a lot of people DO like the content, and in some cases, they like it a lot.

and the points you make don't not actually offer a very good counter argument. You come across here as the ultimate Cakewalk defender, while throwing in a flippant joke about no kittens were killed in the making of your content.

The kitten thing was continuing in the same light vein as my comments in post 2, 15, 16, 18, and 24, which were all not very serious. Hell, even posting the pedalboard picture was just a fun thing I did on the spur of the moment. The whole thread was pretty light, and arguably silly in some spots, until your post. 

When you say "content development and features/bug fixes have nothing to do with one another. The content I create is for my own use and it's contributed to the updates." . . . are you perhaps assuming that we all want your own personal version of added content ?

No, I'm assuming your comment about features requiring more resources reflected the same thinking as [several] others who have posted here, and assume there's a relationship regarding resources between amount of content and amount of features. I've answered this time and time again but if your reference to resources wasn't motivated by the same thinking, then my response wasn't relevant.

As to whether or not people want my own personal version of content, it's obvious a lot of them do but it's also obvious I can't contribute someone else's content because I'm not someone else. If other people want to contribute content to the updates, they should feel free to submit it like Brian Hardgroove did...the more, the merrier. I put a lot of time into creating all that content and it's gratifying so many people find it useful, at least based on the forum comments and user surveys Cakewalk has done. But I know it's subjective. As one extreme example if all someone does is classical music, they're not going to find pedalboards or hip-hop bass loops useful.

Yeah, we don't have to download and install it, but it waters down the updates to the software that are actually happening here, making it seem like we're getting so much more than we actually are.

I think saying "Some will appeal to some people but not others. Some will appeal to almost everybody and some will appeal to almost nobody" is pretty straightforward. I really don't get the logic behind it "watering down" the features. The features are the features, and they're not affected by the content. If I could, I'd provide even more...I just finished a test signal suite with tones, sweeps, and noise so people can test their acoustics and EQs, which is different from the loops, instruments, effects, and presets I've done so far. 

Yes, Sonar Platinum is stable, but I'm starting to lose faith in the intent of the upcoming program feature improvements . . . they aren't fulfilling my needs as a composer / producer of music.

Well again, to each his own. There was a distinct preference for stability and fixes and it makes sense from a development standpoint to "front load" as many of those as soon as possible to nail down any issues. If you look at the fixes in the past two releases, it's a lot. Those take time and they have been a priority. Still, some people really like Mix Recall and VocalSync, so I'm sure they appreciate the enhancements; the additional file export options were huge for me, as is the QWERTY keyboard when composing on a plane. And the REmatix impulses from Dan were a big hit (and I think the set of impulses I'll be contributing soon are pretty cool, too...).

But that's why I felt it was important to give a reality check that 84% of the updates are yet to come. The whole "program feature improvement" thing is only two releases old. I think it's premature to write off the concept based on completing 16% of the program. You don't have to agree, but I think the data I presented about the percentage of the program implemented so far is worth considering. If you don't, and you feel can project what will happen over the year based on the initial 16% and have serious resevations that what will happen in the remaining 84% won't be of value to you, that's fine too. You'll know for sure on Feb 1, 2016.

One point I was trying to make in my previous post is that we have been baited with a promise of a "surprise" since January, and now I can't even find that page on the Cakewalk website . . . again, did I miss the surprise ?

You'll have to ask Cakewalk. I don't know for sure what's in future updates until I get told what to write up for the eZine so for me, most of it is a surprise  (well, except for the Drum Replacer, which I know is forthcoming). In fact for the April release I had the eZine finished and submitted, and then was told there was another feature being added so I had to add that in...definitely a surprise. Even with my content, a lot of it gets shifted around to complement a particular release. I have a bunch of EDM stuff but Cakewalk felt it would be more appropriate in a release that had a related feature.

Gone!!
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 797
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/26 03:46:58 (permalink)
Anderton
In fact for the April release I had the eZine finished and submitted, and then was told there was another feature being added so I had to add that in...definitely a surprise.

Well . . . Spill the beans . . . We wont tell

Anderton
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/26 04:09:57 (permalink)
Well it was a surprise to me, but this one particular feature is going to matter only to people who do dialog to picture...though I suspect it will matter to them a lot.

But you know, noynekker got me to re-think this whole content thing...I do all this stuff on nights and weekends because it's not part of my Gibson gig and it's a commitment I made to the membership program. Besides, it's gratifying when people dig it. But if I can get a groundswell of people who don't want content, I could go to movies, eat dinner out, take walks in the park...maybe even get a cat...yeah, that's the ticket!

For the May release, content will consist of a harpsichord preset for Pentagon. That should be enough

Gone!!
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 797
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/26 04:28:15 (permalink)
lol

I think a large number of people would like and appreciate what ever it is you put out. And of that large number I don't think there would be to many who would begrudge your taking time out for whatever you choose . . . cats are good therapy, and at times I'm pretty sure a few around here might find that therapy useful, I think the demand for cats may have risen a little in the last few hours come to think of it 

I think that what ever comes out this round will have a bit of a tough time, and maybe little overshadowed by Rapture Pro.

Remember the old song, "You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself" makes a lot of sense, plus it's huge a bonus when pleasing yourself also pleases others
lfm
Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2216
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/26 04:34:09 (permalink)
noynekker

While I generally like some of the new features provided in the recent updates, I'm just not a fan of the over abundance of content stuff. I just want new features and fixes, though I know it must take more resources to develop these type of things. I find myself downloading content things and never using them. Anything that's really new and interesting, such as Rapture Pro, and David Bendeth plugin, you just have to buy, they aren't included as "surprising" new features.

I think it's safe to say that we all have very different angles to what is important fixes and new features.

The way things happend is through Features & Ideas forum - and we are voting and put wishes for Cakewalk to read.

Cakewalk are not mindreaders.

Cubase Pro 9 with SA2015 as backup - W7 i7 2.8GHz 16G GeForce GT 730 - RME HDSP 9632 + AI4S
Skyline_UK
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2133
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/26 04:34:25 (permalink)
You can't win Craig...
Don't take that sour post above as representative, most here including me are grateful for your work, especially the out of hours stuff. And don't stop being 'light' and 'silly', that's part of your thing, no need to change!

My stuff

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads, 16GB RAM.
OS & Programs drive: 240GB SSD
Data drives: 1 x 1TB drive RAID mirrored, plus extra 1TB data drive 
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Cakewalk by BandLab 64 bit, Studio One 3, 
Band In A Box 2016, Ozone 8
+ too many other plugins
BandLab page
noynekker
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/26 04:55:19 (permalink)
Thank you Craig . . . for taking the time to reply to my comments . . . you are an editor, that's what you do, and I appreciate your passion for Cakewalk products . . .
 . . . Don't get me started on the Control Bar issue, it needs be fixed ASAP, I'm really expecting it fixed in the next few days  . . . I'm sorry, I haven't found your content contribution very useful for song writing / composition, but agreed, that's just my opinion. I don't  mean to diminish anything that Cakewalk or you are doing to enhance the product,
I was just frankly expecting more practical software feature updates than I'm currently getting.

As far as this comment:

"But that's why I felt it was important to give a reality check that 84% of the updates are yet to come. The whole "program feature improvement" thing is only two releases old. I think it's premature to write off the concept based on completing 16% of the program. You don't have to agree, but I think the data I presented about the percentage of the program implemented so far is worth considering. If you don't, and you think you can project what will happen over the year and find it lacking, that's fine. Maybe that's how it will resolve; I think not, but neither of us will know for sure until Feb 1, 2016. I know where I'm placing my bets."

. . . maybe you know some things we don't know about the future, but I still wish they would advertise more details about where the product is going, the only thing we've seen so far is about the Drum Replacer thing.

Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/26 06:05:23 (permalink)
 . . . maybe you know some things we don't know about the future, but I still wish they would advertise more details about where the product is going, the only thing we've seen so far is about the Drum Replacer thing.

You mean give a heads up, not only to us the users but also the competition?

GREAT marketing ploy...........

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
gswitz
Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5694
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/26 07:14:33 (permalink)
The drum replacer thing is likely just going to be a simplified version of what we do already.

Now, you can follow these steps...
1. Use Audio-Snap to extract midi and velocity from your drum track.
2. Add a drum synth to your project.
3. move the midi notes to the appropriate note for the drum synth.

So, it's currently 3 steps. Now it will be less than 3? Not sure.

I'm not saying it won't be a nice to have, but we kinda already have it.

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/26 07:19:56 (permalink)

just a sec

Sir Les
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/26 07:21:37 (permalink)
Why could be a answer....for some.

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
Karyn
Ma-Ma
  • Total Posts : 9200
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/26 07:30:33 (permalink)
What we really need is a kitten plugin that plays harpsichord to video while adding movie dialogue in a restaurant in the park...

Mekashi Futo
Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

Sir Les
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/26 07:45:04 (permalink)
I once had flies (many of em ) playing the 12 stringed Yamaha guitar, that was on a stand , while the mice came out of the walls, and danced in the moon light in the attic of a house I was staying at, where odd things happened spiritually with nature....Wish I had a recording of that...(no one believes me)....But sometimes only one recorder is necessary to hear, as a witness, and remember....All things are not known why they do what they do, when they do it...Like I witnessed it...How do you tell it like it is, or was,...when it is impossible to say "why or what caused it to be"....but it is as one saw...and yet the words do it no justice....Until the picture is put, or other video references to prove it was so...Why is the word not acceptable...without that eye to see?...and even then, once seeing, or knowing of, how would it be put by the seers hence forth?....same?...or is the reasoning to be just to show it is as it was said, but the words do no justice to the muse of that oddity being there, said by one to many........I find it all the time....oddly speaking of...the crow...in harps...played oddly by all..in all for all...to be children in time with music played to dance to....and they all play!...that is a good thing!.
post edited by Sir Les - 2015/04/26 07:53:34

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

Sir Les
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/26 08:04:34 (permalink)
And yah these tools are fantastic thingys indeed, when they do work...and some success is made when doing.....So that is why Cake is Good!...Great is up to the people, for the people by the people who use it....eh?....so, which ever marketing is best...is best said...update why?...what ain't broke.......or does it break more....is another pondering to take if so....With those having issues.....So I guess...many variable answers will chime to the tempo of that ideal...updates...if they fix bugs is a good thing...if they cause em to be...it is not so good....So yah standards ...so we all gain....no one is best...equal is better...perfect is best....and we move on...in time with standards in place that do not break down over time....Is forever!

mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: So why is no one talking about the next update? 2015/04/26 08:26:46 (permalink)
Sir Les
.....So that is why Cake is Good!...

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1