Allow us to organize posts in this thread by vote

Author
theheliosequence
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 125
2015/04/26 04:42:34 (permalink)

Allow us to organize posts in this thread by vote

I'm trying to vote for color changes in Platinum. I've seen so many threads created on this though and I imagine if we were able to sort by average score (weighted by total points) or total points overall, that it would probably be pretty easy for me and many other users to find the most popular thread written about allowing color change in Platinum.

After participating in this forum for a little while now, I feel that things are a little bit disparate here. If you go to the pro tools idea scale website, it's pretty clear which older ideas are the most preferred, but then newer ideas get lost. Here I feel like it's the opposite, those of us that are participating are generally seeing the latest ideas, but we have no sense of which of these ideas are actually the favorites or most preferred over time. The overall results seem to be a good amount of views, but not a ton of actual votes for any given idea. The most controversial ideas get the most views and replies, but aren't necessarily the most preferred ideas (like Sonar for Mac as an example).

I feel like it would be nice to have a top list (either by a organize by button or maybe even a "billboard" style page that links back to each thread) in here that functions to help people have a more organized voice. Perhaps a list with the highest average score organized by highest to lowest total points and a list organized by total points overall.

We'd be able to see good or preferred ideas that have slipped through the cracks since they'd probably have an average score of 5, but just not many votes. Anything with a 5 would be under a great amount of scrutiny, which would encourage more participation to vote down if you didn't like the idea. Anything with a higher score would most likely remain a good idea that we Sonar users want and the total score would increase and allow our voice to be more clearly communicated to Cakewalk (since they're gratefully asking for our opinion!).

I imagine that this could potentially just be moved to the forum discussion page... but there aren't a ton of people there, so I'm hoping that the moderator would allow this to stay here and be voted on if users think it's a good idea.

Thanks for considering...

4 Replies Related Threads

Karyn
    Ma-Ma
    • Total Posts : 9200
    Re: Allow us to organize posts in this thread by vote 2015/04/26 08:33:00 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    At the bottom of the forum page you can select how/which threads are displayed.

It defaults to posts in last 30 days, ordered by date descending (newest first).

All you need do is select "From beginning" and "Order by rating"

Mekashi Futo
    Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
    Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

Brando
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2776
    Re: Allow us to organize posts in this thread by vote 2015/04/26 11:45:38 (permalink)
    Karyn

It defaults to posts in last 30 days, ordered by date descending (newest first).

Thanks Karyn - that's good to know.

Brando
    Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
    Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
    ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
    theheliosequence
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 125
    Re: Allow us to organize posts in this thread by vote 2015/04/28 17:32:23 (permalink)
    Karyn

Thanks Karyn, I already know how to use that feature (because you've mentioned it to me before). I simply want to see which ideas have the highest rating, both in average and total points. My comments are not about seeing all of the posts, but how to organize them...

Let me know if you have any thoughts about this.
    Karyn
    Ma-Ma
    • Total Posts : 9200
    Re: Allow us to organize posts in this thread by vote 2015/04/28 20:50:58 (permalink)
    theheliosequence
    Karyn

Thanks Karyn, I already know how to use that feature (because you've mentioned it to me before). I simply want to see which ideas have the highest rating, both in average and total points. My comments are not about seeing all of the posts, but how to organize them...

Let me know if you have any thoughts about this.

That should do what you want, or something close.

Mekashi Futo
    Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
    Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1