Library/browser.

Author
Funkfingers
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 42
2015/04/04 20:45:56 (permalink)
2 (1)

Library/browser.

Please update patch/loop/sound library. In the synths and browser. As it stands its not very intuitive. Lots of inspiration gets lost while browsing for sounds,loops and patches.

5 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Library/browser. 2015/04/04 20:51:27 (permalink)
    Could you elaborate? "Make it better" or "more intuitive" by itself is not a meaningful suggestion.
    Funkfingers
    Re: Library/browser. 2015/04/05 18:23:30 (permalink)
    I think they got it right in Cakewalk sound center. A library/browser system thats easy to understand and to find the right sound or loop within. Categories and type. When I try to find loops or sounds in other synths or in the browser it gets counter intuitive. I often find myself working in Cubase instead because there its easier for me to find patches,sounds and loops. Cubase for me,is more intuitive. Faster to work in. Though I think Sonar is overall the better DAW. Sonar with PRO channel is da bomb. So I for one would appreciate if the Sonar team would redesign the browser and synth libraries to look and behave similar to the library found in Cakewalk sound center.
    mesayre
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 195
    Re: Library/browser. 2015/04/12 15:54:15 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    I agree with the spirit of this suggestion, though I think it might be a little tougher to do with the browser than with Cakewalk Sound Center, since Cakewalk doesn't have any control over how you (or vendors) organize their loop and sample hierarchies. 

That being said, some kind of XML/metadata-based tagging scheme seems like it'd be perfect for this. It could be searchable through the browser's search interface.  Or, perhaps just give Sonar the ability to tag files using Windows file property tags? Then it'd be indexed and searchable via regular windows search.
    Funkfingers
    Re: Library/browser. 2015/04/26 10:49:40 (permalink)
    Now were talkin! Rapture pro's library is spot on. Now if the Cakewalk team thinks along these lines when it comes time to update the browser then I for one thinks were home safe. That would end The competition and make Sonar The go-to DAW for all occasions. 👍
    Funkfingers
    Re: Library/browser. 2015/04/27 08:00:34 (permalink)
    When working in Cubase all I have to do is go to the Mediabay and by category find what I'm looking for.
    Say for example à synth lead sound. As soon as I choose à sound it can be played. I dont need to drag in à specific synth or drum sampler to audition.
    The sound or beat plays as its suposed to sound. Directly from with in the Mediabay.
    Doesnt matter if its à midi-file,synth patch or audio file. It plays and sounds without the hassel of determine the specific module to preview it through.
    The browser system in Sonar feels like going back to the dark 90's. Windows map/file system. In and out of different maps and trees. A definitive soul killer system.
    In Rapture PRO its like it should be. Just choose a sound. From with in a easy-to-find library.And play. Wether its a Rapture patch or a Dimension PRO patch. As in Cakewalk Sound center.
    Doesnt matter. It sounds and plays as its suposed to sound and play. Without me having to load a specific instrument beforehand.
    I can see The light.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1