Helpful ReplyHow to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Sir Les
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1182
2015/04/26 04:27:27 (permalink)

How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum?

Is that possible with Platinum?

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
Sanderxpander
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3873
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/26 04:58:00 (permalink)
I don't think so. I'd be interested to hear about the monstrous projects you're running though :)
Sir Les
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/26 05:51:26 (permalink)
Well if one can do it, why not try...just trying is doing something to make it more of...so more things work better.

If windows uses the cpu...and other things needs, and one only has so many cores working...on a said PC platform...and has many older machines, sittiing around doing nothing but running older oses like 98se or xp...because they are old machines, not supporting newer software and coding...the cpu is still able to help out,....Waste not want not?....surely not trash yet...so something could be salvaged of them...and perhaps remove some burdens...like midi, or such with...and in doing this...one studio networked to many...might Like seti become one big brain working on a problem...and enough brain cells working on it...usually solve for it....is my muse to find out if it is the root or cause for buggy performances with PC or MAC....Working On PC right now....many problems just with the OS....as usual with one machine and cpu hits./spikes when doing work in a program that shows the cpu usage....I watch intently...even when idol...over time something causes to my own eye.
So if one is having issues....one might be able to tie in more processing power to run with less of that....eh?

Not ready to buy a 8 core PC at the higher prices of extremes, if ms os is going to persist in this undermining of the software developers needs...in DAWs, to get clean recordings, and no drop outs when using FXs and Plugin instruments...As it does here with one machine with 4 cores.

No issues with the Mac yet....8 cores...so is more better?....I wonder.

Just food for thought while I seek bliss with both.

Click the blue link...and see what's cooking.

Regards. 

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/26 07:23:32 (permalink)
well bitbridge originally was "teleport fx" (or something similar) which was its purpose -slaving VSTs off networked PCs, so maybe there's some possibility to uncomment the networking code? http://www.fx-max.com/fxt/

just a sec

Sir Les
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/26 09:24:20 (permalink)
That is what I am looking for...mostly..Thanks Pwalwal!

Not sure if it has been expanded upon??, in bios or eprom chip to perform without OS or app running on the machines...So if it is something like "video cards GPUs and the linking methods they use ( To link more than one card together) one could connect same principle port to all motherboards, and run through bios chipset selection...(perhaps)...and on that port the machine's cpu is available to be used, and system memory logged and managed...could help also...just thinking for the box...so boxes do not go to waste bins and garbage piles....could be a good thing...is oh so many ways....Yet it is not yet with in hole reach...but in part it is thought out...with that app.....Thanks for posting it.

Now some are having issues with using DAWs and other devices/ports causing issues with audio devices (USB and Firewire),when in playback or recording mode......So is it possible with Platinum to use certain ports like Ethernet cables and nic cards, or lan, or wi fi...(if it were possible with just a BIOS chip coded)....is just a question, as some transmission ports may cause issues with just running on one machine...trying to use some DAWs and audio drivers...with certain ports being used or added can be iffy business, if something is causing issues/like os or app or services....with one running certain os and app and daw using Ethernet or Lan based or wi fi connection devices...conflicts occur with cpu time.

So I will read up, I know they did this for the making of Babylon 5 with Amiga and perhaps other systems connected to do it quicklly...some time back....Yet I do not see it much in PC unity ported formation as a standard possible connection built in, or on for that purpose, that works in that way with just the MB......Might solve other issues, if mapping the os and software and plug ins....to exclusive cpus that have no interrupts  of IRQs with an os running.....Is my mind to achieve...and see if that is another issue with PCs...and the design of that system being sold without...when the bios is able to be flashed, and now two of em on some systems...why not?..

If it can be resolved by adding more cpus to run one system, and make exclusive cpu time to one task able to set, to all apps and os and driver of choice.....it could pay off in stability in all areas....if all areas of the box making and software written there for, of it made allowance for such a feature..to work at best and most efficiant?..it could be of interests to all?...and reduce it there after intoa more robust experience .....smaller and smaller eventually.....Like they do now....one phone does mostly all...and is portable....but once covered a city block or more in the beginning the first computer....it was big....in the end it was small, and many fit into one hand...a chip of bios....seems a common theme through out time....USE what is available to solve for x.

if it ain't working....we find ways to make it work.....Just thinking, and seeking knowledge, at the moment...a way to make it work better, what is here....with what is available here now in one spot...collected...and what is out already to make it , if not already made...

Again thanks for the link...Much research to do....and learning no doubt about this subject..and burning eprom code to bios chips..so less is more, and more is less hair loss, and more cheer we hope for some to learn!

swamptooth
Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2229
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/26 13:37:49 (permalink)
something like vienna ensemble pro?

Arvid H. Peterson
Sonar X3E Prod / X2A  / X1PE | Cubase 9.5.1 | Reason 9.5 | Sibelius7 | Pure Data
Native-Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate and a smattering of other plugins
Home-brewed VSTs 
Toshiba Satellite S855-S5378 (16GB RAM, modified with 2x 750GB HDDs, Windows 8.1 x64)  
Samson Graphite 49, M-Audio Oxygen 49, Korg nanoPAD2, Webcam motion tracking programs 
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
Member, ASCAP   

Sanderxpander
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3873
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/26 16:04:59 (permalink)
It's possible to use midi and audio over ethernet. It's not super-smooth but it's available and it doesn't has a lot to do with Sonar itself. It also has very little to do in a technical sense with "gaining cpu cores" although you would of course be harnessing another computer's power.
pentimentosound
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1535
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/26 16:48:43 (permalink)
Well, like the UAD stuff having their own processing..... what if you run your VST's or a streaming library (I haven't got one unless BFD2 is one)on another PC via a DATA cable, perhaps. I remember reading about multiple PCs for rendering video a while ago. It just dawned on me that I now have 2 i7 PC's. How can I use them both?
This is interesting!

Michael
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/26 17:02:06 (permalink)
Yes...

I used to do this and as its vst oriented it will probably run on SPlat...

Teleport. Runs as a vst insert on the main daw, then runs on any networked machines as host for given plugin's...

Now this was back in the t100 days so gigabit Ethernet should make this work far better...

Problem? I'm guessing it's only 32 bit as everything was back then...

I must have a copy floating around, but not likely I'll find it any too soon... I'll see what some googling turns up...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
pentimentosound
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/26 17:10:01 (permalink)
Thanks Keni
I remember an article on multiple PC's and I'm sure that was the idea.
Both my i7 desktop and i7 laptop are 64 bit, but I haven't networked them yet. Desktop (DAW) is Windows 8 and the laptop is Windows 7. I wonder if they have to be the same, nowadays.
Michael
Keni
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/26 17:10:45 (permalink)
OK...

I found their' website...

http://www.fx-max.com/fxt/download.html

From what little I've found, it is still 32 bit but a googling turned up some posts of people running it in 64bit OSs...

I believe I was beta testing it back then as I see it's not free though there is a 14 day download for trial...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
pentimentosound
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/26 17:17:42 (permalink)
Nope. I clicked on purchase and they went out of business and offer the code, so it is "free".
Thanks
Michael

Here's the code
h*e2Nt*ZNJR3IsI27mM7gB6Mn

i7 4790k 4Ghz 16gb+4HDD, Win10, ASUS G74s Laptop i7 2670QM 2.2ghz-16gb, Win10. CbB, Mixbus4, Studio One3 Artist, Z3ta2, RapturePro, GPO5, GS2, EP4, IK TR5, AT4, MP2, Melodyne Stud4, PSP(22), PS kits, BFD2, GA4, 18i20, PreSonus MP20A(BurrBrown), ISA One, Warm Audio WA76, ADK Thor, M160, RAB1, MA200, MA101fet, E100s, e835, EquatorD5, YSM-1, GoldDigger, CherryPicker, Kurz K2500, Aura Spectrum, ControlPad, PRRI, 17 ac & elec gtrs-mandos+bass, lap steels, banjo, fiddle, harmonicas+perc
Keni
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/26 19:35:33 (permalink)
Thanks pentimentosound...

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/26 19:46:16 (permalink)
I used to use this as well, I have a license somewhere for it, and have always found it nostalgic/confusing when I use a 32-bit plugin (ever more rarely, these days) and it has the little FX Teleport frame at the top, even though I don't have that installed any more and haven't used it in years. It was... kind of OK. I guess it was always kind of a doomed stopgap solution given the speed with which raw computer power increases. I know at this point I would rather put money into a newer, better system (not very difficult in my case - my hardware is getting *very* long in the tooth) than a time and energy into setting up and navigating a networking solution. Been there, done that, got the postcard...

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
Keni
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/26 22:38:26 (permalink)
It shouldn't matter if all the machines are running the same OS... The commonality here is the Ethernet...

I ran a mixed system with it years ago... But that was before running everything 64bit...

What posts I have found claim that it works fine in 64 bit OS...

Remember that regardless of how much memory you have in each machine, the 32 bit stuff is still more limited to what memory it can use, so memory beyond the 4G limit to 32 bit OS will be the limit of what it can do... The good part is that you can add lots of machines and distribute your plugin's around them all as necessary...

As subtle hearts mentions, I too have so much memory and processor power these days that I no longer need to do this, but it's handy to have around "just in case"... ;-)

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Sir Les
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/27 00:00:29 (permalink)
Isn't the 32bit memory limited a windows based OS limitation only.?..I saw a way to hack the reg, and make a 32 bit os of MS actually acknowledge 8gbs on youtube...Perhaps it could be addressed with a hack...But I am thinking more in terms of no os...Just a hack to a bios chip, to run the memory and cpu, through x port...if it can be done, it should be....and all that is then not wasted resources...and not used by any os or services to cause cpu interruption....and smoother game play....may be a resulting factor.

Imagine that...one os, running on its own 2 cores, and the drivers being cared for on another 2 cores of another system, and then another to run the DAW,...SELECTIVE PROCESSING!...JUST A THOUGHT AT THE MOMENT?....Cheers!

Sir Les
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/27 00:15:15 (permalink)
or make pci card with cpu sockets and controller..and a way to access that, just like SSDs....must be a way to use these cpus of old, tied to the new...or make something to add that selectiveness to the systems we have...to reduce the irq sharing hidden issues..MS makes happen, using only one cpu!

Keni
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/27 00:21:10 (permalink)
Yes...

Much as most of us use graphic cards with their own memory and processors...

When I run an all 64bit project in a 64bit OS, my eight cores run fairly even... If I add a few 32 bit plugins, I see the increase only on core 1...

But with 8 cores and 16G of RAM none of my cores ever reach much more than 10% in a typical 64bit project.... BTW... I'm referring to the OS being 64 bit here, not the record depth... All plugins processing as 64 bit...

My new/next (partially built) machine has more of everything... The need for external processing is no longer a demand...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

lfm
Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2216
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/27 02:20:19 (permalink)
swamptooth
something like vienna ensemble pro?

this - I heard this is working really well with VST daws.
Was even recommended this from devs of one of my plugin series.
Karyn
Ma-Ma
  • Total Posts : 9200
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/27 07:33:10 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joel77 2015/04/29 09:50:38
If you really want to make use of your old hardware then an easy solution would be to set up a softsynth running in stand alone mode on the old hardware and feed it midi, routing the audio back to your DAWs audio input.  Just like you would any other hardware synth.

Modern processors have gained enough power now to make "render farms" for audio irrelevant.

Mekashi Futo
Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

tlw
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2567
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/27 07:44:54 (permalink)
Sir Les
Isn't the 32bit memory limited a windows based OS limitation only

Sort of. But even if the OS can address more memory getting 32 bit applications to see more than 4GB for their own use is a different matter. Then there's potential problems with the stability of third party drivers.

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, I7 3770K Ivybridge, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte Z77-D3H m/board,
ATI 7750 graphics+ 1GB RAM, 2xIntel 520 series 220GB SSDs, 1 TB Samsung F3 + 1 TB WD HDDs, Seasonic fanless 460W psu, RME Fireface UFX, Focusrite Octopre.
Assorted real synths, guitars, mandolins, diatonic accordions, percussion, fx and other stuff.
robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/27 09:00:01 (permalink)
I happen to have 32 GB memory on my primary computer, and on Saturday did a concert using another music application - Brainspawn's Forte (VST Wrapper), and I was using a 'rack' with literally 26 instances of different synths, none of which had more than a single instrument loaded (even Kontakt).  There were 14 instance of Kontakt present.

The show ran without a hitch, and the software's 'stress rack' function showed it all ran with around 1.5 GB of memory used - a PITTANCE compared to the 32 GB in the computer.

Here are the upper RAM limits for the different editions of Windows 7:
  • Starter: 8GB
  • Home Basic: 8GB
  • Home Premium: 16GB
  • Professional: 192GB
  • Enterprise: 192GB
  • Ultimate: 192GB
Maxing out the memory on your motherboard is pretty cheap these days, and is a great bang for the buck - if you are running into memory-related limitations with your current setup.

While you COULD feed analog output from an old computer into your current system, what would you use for the D/A conversion?  You would need an additional audio interface, realistically.

In addition, old 32-bit systems are what I would view as far more likely to have hardware issues, most likely with their hard drives, and not something I would choose to rely on for a recording setup - particularly for any kind of professional setup.

We are also only licensed to run Sonar on a single computer at a time.

Storage isn't an issue these days, CPU's are pretty powerful these days, and memory is also readily available and pretty cheap.  A really fast and stable system can be available to many folks, and for at least a few more years are likely available with decent performance with the current technology levels.

There have been massively-parallel computers built, that share many thousands of processors, so it will probably end up being something that general folks could implement - just doesn't seem like quite yet.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/102187-scientists-create-brain-like-massively-parallel-computer-from-molecules

Someday,

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
pentimentosound
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/27 09:09:32 (permalink)
I thought we can use Sonar on 2, Bob? Hmmm, maybe that's just desktop and a laptop, not a 2nd desktop?
Hmmm
Anyway thanks for all that info.
And Focusrite has a few interfaces with "loopback" inputs for running audio from another program into your DAW, though I am not sure which models have it- Saffire Pro 26? 40? and maybe 6i6?
Michael
post edited by pentimentosound - 2015/04/27 09:16:21

i7 4790k 4Ghz 16gb+4HDD, Win10, ASUS G74s Laptop i7 2670QM 2.2ghz-16gb, Win10. CbB, Mixbus4, Studio One3 Artist, Z3ta2, RapturePro, GPO5, GS2, EP4, IK TR5, AT4, MP2, Melodyne Stud4, PSP(22), PS kits, BFD2, GA4, 18i20, PreSonus MP20A(BurrBrown), ISA One, Warm Audio WA76, ADK Thor, M160, RAB1, MA200, MA101fet, E100s, e835, EquatorD5, YSM-1, GoldDigger, CherryPicker, Kurz K2500, Aura Spectrum, ControlPad, PRRI, 17 ac & elec gtrs-mandos+bass, lap steels, banjo, fiddle, harmonicas+perc
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/27 09:28:58 (permalink)
Are you recording an orchestra playing with Kraftwerk or perhaps engaging in weather warefare? Why do you need more CPU power?
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/04/27 09:35:19
Karyn
Ma-Ma
  • Total Posts : 9200
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/27 09:31:32 (permalink)
I don't think he needs it,  he has it in the form of all his old machines and wants to make use of them.

Mekashi Futo
Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

Doktor Avalanche
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/27 09:32:07 (permalink)
In that case install Linux... The cost for multiple copies of sonar may be expensive. VST servers have already been discussed.
pentimentosound
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/27 09:34:59 (permalink)
If you meant me....
My interest is purely curiosity. Since getting my new studio desktop, I'd been thinking I'd retire the laptop to web stuff and art, not using it for the studio. This thread piqued my options on how I can use it.
Michael 
Doktor Avalanche
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/27 09:37:10 (permalink)
Linux makes old machines behave like new. Sonar Platinum will not run however (yet)... Soon maybe.
tlw
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2567
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/27 09:37:10 (permalink)
Logic Pro could do distributed audio processing via ethernet up to v.9, only one computer needed to run Logic.  It was discontinued with the introduction of 64bit Logic Pro X which removed the memory restrictions of earlier versions. A pity really because while lack of memory might not be the problem it once was extra cpu power always comes in handy.

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, I7 3770K Ivybridge, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte Z77-D3H m/board,
ATI 7750 graphics+ 1GB RAM, 2xIntel 520 series 220GB SSDs, 1 TB Samsung F3 + 1 TB WD HDDs, Seasonic fanless 460W psu, RME Fireface UFX, Focusrite Octopre.
Assorted real synths, guitars, mandolins, diatonic accordions, percussion, fx and other stuff.
Sir Les
Re: How to use multiple networked PCs, to gain cpu cores with Platinum? 2015/04/28 03:55:27 (permalink)
Again my interest is troubleshooting the os, and my system being buggy with it...Just windows MS os, since ever was one...has given me issues with IRQs and conflicting noises on my audio...Not saying it is still, but oddly things have caused another wipe out, trying to back up my system with Arconis 2015....and then crashing my windows admin account so I could no longer boot to it....Nice!

4 cores in my system and 32 gigs....not enough?...So let me overkill it...and see if selective cpu method solves for MS and its damned services of auto updates and other apps, can be re routed to a exclusive cpu, and run Sonar on the main...4 cores....No need to run the second system on a OS, or such...just turn on the machine, and use what it on the board, via bios or hardware PCI card that could be coded in Bios...I think would help....perhaps no memory just the cpu to add cores.

Bob mentions 8 cores...Yah 8 cores on my MAC....No issues with anything!

Is it the same with PC?....one *8  core*Cpu and windows MS running it's shpeal...as Bob said works well enough, but I do not have 8 cores nor 64gb of memory....do I have enough?...Well not here for me in one machine, but if I add in the others...(I got about 4 laying dead)(and two other work stations of 64bit cpu branding with 16gb sitting around doing little to nothing but internet at the moment)...and it seems others with lessor builds and possibilities, or choices have issues with setup and clicks pops and dropouts with DAWs of all sorts....So what is the solution?...minimum requirements to get 32 tracks recording at once if needs be, I am now at 24 tracks coming in,...but want to add the MAC and other machines to the fold....Perhaps as one poster put it, USE THE MAC as the STUDIO BRAIN...and run the PC as the backup...with the 4 tracker and the tape deck also....Then you have it all backed up....So yah....Just thinking about future possibilities, to make it all come into the fold, to work better is all for the PC user....OF WHICH...I know nothing about MAC....So it is hard for me to switch over, as I know nothing about it....But it does work much better in the regards to having the horse power Bob is putting forward....I just cannot get my head around it yet...I am still having trouble with the mouse....wink..

Sorry if it is a time suck away, from the FORUM boards needs in helping others find bliss,....But sometimes a mind and thoughts towards dual cpu on one board with multiple cores, and selective processing for os and software...((perhaps was server only)) could help developers cut the cost of building a new system, when all one needs is cpus added...Perhaps can be considered a mainstay to allow glitch free functionality if system only meets the minimum requirements, one could add via XYZ to infuse more performance from......Just a thought if IRQ request of cpu time is causing issues with audio record or playback, and or renders...Then a solution must be forthcoming from somewhere....I guess Bob's solution is the only answer of merit in place at this time...and 8 cores cost how much?...and a board to run that ?....and 64-192gbs in my book was not cheep...And to let MS screw it up just ain't my bag to want to let happen with out some sort of control in hands on, and hands off settings!.....If you get my meaning?......cheers!

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1