Helpful ReplyCOPYCAT THREAD TITLES

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
craigb
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: COPYCAT THREAD TITLES 2015/04/28 01:19:14 (permalink)

It should be noted that I have restrained myself by not posting in this thread. 

Dang it! 

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: COPYCAT THREAD TITLES 2015/04/28 03:34:23 (permalink)
There's still plenty of interesting stuff in amongst the, what was it now... "inane postings", "idiotic banter", "silly posts", "buffoonery" and "constant droning of inconsequential verbiage". IMO. YMMV. etc.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
57Gregy
  • Total Posts : 14404
Re: COPYCAT THREAD TITLES 2015/04/28 10:18:26 (permalink)
Did Bob, uh, I mean Mr. Bone, get promoted?

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: COPYCAT THREAD TITLES 2015/04/28 10:54:03 (permalink)
57Gregy
Did Bob, uh, I mean Mr. Bone, get promoted?

Hmmm, sure looks that way - or maybe CW have just decided to give out more honest titles. I feel kind of sorry for him as he seems well meaning, but is being made to look a bit foolish as the "CW folks" he urges people to contact to discuss any issues don't even acknowledge that a message has been received, let alone respond. I can fully understand if they have far better things to do and just aren't really interested, but that being so they should just come out and say so and not let him trot out the company line each time like some poor chump who hasn't sussed out yet that it's just lip-service.

SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: COPYCAT THREAD TITLES 2015/04/28 11:22:24 (permalink)

Bob Bone is an excellent forum host.

If we have to have hosts, it would be cool if they were all like Bob. A few of the other current incumbents could certainly learn a lot by observing how Bob conducts himself, and how he quietly goes about his duties without feeling the need to push his 'tin star' into everyone's' face at every opportunity.

Excluding CakeAlexS, who has now resigned, can there be any coincidence whatsoever that when we read the ever-increasing concerns and complaints about specific hosts, the same two names always seem to be mentioned?

Nobody expects those in authority to be popular. What they do expect is that those in a position of power over them earn their respect. My apologies again if this is construed as "insulting hosts", but there are a number of forum hosts for whom I carry zero respect.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

synkrotron
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5263
Re: COPYCAT THREAD TITLES 2015/04/28 11:26:46 (permalink)
SteveStrummerUK
Bob Bone is an excellent forum host.

Mr Bone as only ever been a most excellent and helpful person since he joined this forum.

Just sayin...

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/
Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum ∞ FFS| Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
drewfx1
Max Output Level: -9.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6585
Re: COPYCAT THREAD TITLES 2015/04/28 12:12:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Beagle 2015/04/28 13:16:53
SteveStrummerUK

To suggest that one should simply put up with it or leave is an atrocious attitude to have. Why shouldn't those who disagree with how the Coffee House functions try and change it? Or at least be able to express an honest opinion?

I'm afraid that the more you censure those that criticise you and a few other for treating the CH as their own, the more you actually reinforce the opinion that this is actually the case.

Steve, I'm not against anyone expressing opinions. Quite the opposite.

It's the attempts to "engineer" people into behaving the way that one person wants that I oppose. IMO, that's exactly where this place got messed up - someone bullied people into changing their behavior by, among other things, accusing them of being bullies. And it was a person who clearly never had any real interest in posting or contributing here, just someone who didn't approve of what others were posting. Unfortunately it worked on a number of people here who overreacted. Again, my opinion. YMMV.

So if you or anyone want to say that there's too much drivel or whatever, fine. I might agree or I might disagree. But don't act like someone posting drivel is a crime against nature.

The bottom line is the culture of any forum is defined by the owner of the site and the people who actually post there. If you want to kill a forum, you can whine until no one wants to post there. But if you want to change it to better suit yourself, you can actually post something other than criticism of other posts. Simples.

In order, then, to discover the limit of deepest tones, it is necessary not only to produce very violent agitations in the air but to give these the form of simple pendular vibrations. - Hermann von Helmholtz, predicting the role of the electric bassist in 1877.
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: COPYCAT THREAD TITLES 2015/04/28 16:09:53 (permalink)
drewfx1
SteveStrummerUK

To suggest that one should simply put up with it or leave is an atrocious attitude to have. Why shouldn't those who disagree with how the Coffee House functions try and change it? Or at least be able to express an honest opinion?

I'm afraid that the more you censure those that criticise you and a few other for treating the CH as their own, the more you actually reinforce the opinion that this is actually the case.

Steve, I'm not against anyone expressing opinions. Quite the opposite.

It's the attempts to "engineer" people into behaving the way that one person wants that I oppose. IMO, that's exactly where this place got messed up - someone bullied people into changing their behavior by, among other things, accusing them of being bullies. And it was a person who clearly never had any real interest in posting or contributing here, just someone who didn't approve of what others were posting. Unfortunately it worked on a number of people here who overreacted. Again, my opinion. YMMV.

So if you or anyone want to say that there's too much drivel or whatever, fine. I might agree or I might disagree. But don't act like someone posting drivel is a crime against nature.

The bottom line is the culture of any forum is defined by the owner of the site and the people who actually post there. If you want to kill a forum, you can whine until no one wants to post there. But if you want to change it to better suit yourself, you can actually post something other than criticism of other posts. Simples.

Drew, I don't consider myself 'engineering' anyone or anything. I certainly have my opinions about the Coffee House, and I see nothing wrong with expressing it. I do try and remain polite and rational, without diluting the gist of any view that I'm trying to express.

I should stress one thing though - I don't dislike any of the regulars in here, I consider all of you to be good people, excellent company, and I sincerely value your friendship, and I do my best to ensure that any moans I voice concerning what gets posted in here are not personal attacks.

I do understand everything you outline above, but I would tentatively suggest that you try and look at it from the other point of view. If the actions of some are creating a less enjoyable experience for others, than surely that should at least be addressed?

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't dream of telling anyone else what they should or shouldn't post in here. I do believe, however, that I should be entitled to express my genuine opinions on what does get posted.

Anyway, all is cool - no doubt I'll post something in future that sets me up to be an incredible hypocrite.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1