What's your scariest horror movie scene?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
2015/04/28 11:18:45 (permalink)

What's your scariest horror movie scene?

A scene from The Exorcist 3 just popped into my head...the nurse station scene with the long shot down the hospital hallway...for some reason that just terrifies the living crap out of me. Found the clip on YouTube and yep, it still gives me a jolt. Just goes to show you don't need expensive CGI gore to make people jump out of their skin, in fact it's way scarier without it. I'll refrain from posting the clip in case some oversensitive soul complains. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!

46 Replies Related Threads

synkrotron
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5263
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 11:31:52 (permalink)
    Exorcist... That bit where mother makes to go up into the loft space... And then she does! I mean, FFS, don't go into that loft!!

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/
    Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum ∞ FFS| Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
    Mesh
    • Total Posts : 27360
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 11:38:16 (permalink)
    I don't really know of a particular scene that scares me (usually the loud noise after a very quiet moment makes me jump). Generally, it's the unknown/unseen element in a horror movie that usually creates fear.

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
    I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
    250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
    Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
    HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    The_Forum_Monkeys
    jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 12:11:39 (permalink)
    I've seen a LOT of horror movies over the years. Don't watch them now, they got less appealing as I got older. I did watch The Omen a while back, really enjoyed that, great atmosphere.

The one that creeped me out for years was the end scene in Tod Brownings 'Freaks' where they tar and feather...etc... the girl...'gabba gabba hey, we accept you, we accept you, one of us...''

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    sharke
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 12:13:23 (permalink)
    Mesh
    I don't really know of a particular scene that scares me (usually the loud noise after a very quiet moment makes me jump). Generally, it's the unknown/unseen element in a horror movie that usually creates fear.

Oh well I guess you'll love the scene I was talking about then 
    What the heck, here it is.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY

James
    Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
    sharke
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 12:17:14 (permalink)
    I find modern horror movies to be utterly unscary. They focus too much on effects and gore with none of that genuinely weird creepiness which taps into your nightmares. The movies of the 70's and 80's, particularly the 70's, were much better at harnessing this kind of inner terror. Maybe it was because everyone was dropping acid back then, I don't know. 

James
    UbiquitousBubba
    • Total Posts : 8912
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 12:18:51 (permalink)
    I'm not a horror genre aficionado. I think most such movies are either lame or resort to gore overload when they run out of ideas. I don't enjoy movies that exist only to glorify evil and man's inhumanity to man. All dramatic entertainment attempts to manipulate the emotions of the audience to a certain degree, but horror movies demand that their audience must respond in a certain way. To me, this is the difference between suspense and horror. A suspenseful movie will draw me in, encouraging me to identify with one of the characters and living vicariously through them. I face their obstacles and feel their emotions (to some degree). In a horror movie, I don't identify with anyone so I don't feel their emotions and I actively resist (and resent) the clumsy attempts to manipulate me.

That being said, the final scene in Phantasm (where the main character is seized and pulled into a mirror as the tall man shouts, "Boy!")  immediately came to mind when I read the title of this fred. That's funny since I haven't seen that movie in the last 35 years. While I hated the movie, that last scene obviously left a mark.
    dubdisciple
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5849
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 12:26:47 (permalink)
    The matter of fact insanity of Kathy Bate's chatacter in Misery scared the bejubus out of me because that could happen!

Although I can appreciate the artistry of well done fx, cg is simply not scary. Occasionally it is well done like in Pan's Labyrinth, but that was more creepy than scary.

An interesting modern horror that uses only camera effecs is Mr Badadook. Very well done.
    Mesh
    • Total Posts : 27360
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 12:27:40 (permalink)
    UbiquitousBubba
    I'm not a horror genre aficionado. I think most such movies are either lame or resort to gore overload when they run out of ideas. I don't enjoy movies that exist only to glorify evil and man's inhumanity to man. All dramatic entertainment attempts to manipulate the emotions of the audience to a certain degree, but horror movies demand that their audience must respond in a certain way. To me, this is the difference between suspense and horror. A suspenseful movie will draw me in, encouraging me to identify with one of the characters and living vicariously through them. I face their obstacles and feel their emotions (to some degree). In a horror movie, I don't identify with anyone so I don't feel their emotions and I actively resist (and resent) the clumsy attempts to manipulate me.

Completely agree 100% and my view on it as well..........great minds? or fools seldom differ?

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
    I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
    250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
    Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
    HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    The_Forum_Monkeys
    jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 12:29:07 (permalink)
    sharke
    I find modern horror movies to be utterly unscary. They focus too much on effects and gore with none of that genuinely weird creepiness which taps into your nightmares. The movies of the 70's and 80's, particularly the 70's, were much better at harnessing this kind of inner terror. Maybe it was because everyone was dropping acid back then, I don't know. 

I was telling Steve about this film recently, 'Whistle and I'll Come to You', it's one of my favourites. M R James' ghost stories are often set in desolate coastal areas in the UK, and feature something half-glimpsed, and a slow-building sense of dread. This is worth watching just for Michael Horden's wonderful performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYjtxHHjZ00

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 12:45:17 (permalink)
    The entire winter in The Shining.

That's a three undershreddies change.
    KenB123
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1229
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 13:10:17 (permalink)
    One movie scene that still creeps me out to this day is from the original "The Haunting" (1963). Two woman are sharing a room together in the haunted mansion and are sleeping in separate beds about 3-feet apart. During the night there are strange noises and commotions. One of the woman calls out to the other to take her hand while they each lay pretrified in their beds. Things continue to get worse as the walls start to breath. Finally it climaxes and everything stops. They turn on the lights and find their beds are separated by about 6-feet. What a moment (especially for an eleven year old kid).

Broken pencils are pointless.

WIN-7 64-bit; Sonar X2A 64-bit; 12GB RAM; ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MB; Intel Core i7-960; 300GB-OS (10000-RPM); 1TB-Projects (7200-RPM); 1TB-Samples (7200-RPM) 

craigb
    • Total Posts : 41704
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 14:43:15 (permalink)
    Can't think of one at the moment, but I definitely remember laughing all the way through the Exorcist.

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
    drewfx1
    Max Output Level: -9.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6585
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 15:02:59 (permalink)
    bapu
    The entire winter in The Shining.

That's a three undershreddies change.

This^.

I think when I first saw it the scariest part was actually when she reads the "book" Jack had spent so very much time working so hard on.

That and the Big Wheel, and the two little girls, and...

In order, then, to discover the limit of deepest tones, it is necessary not only to produce very violent agitations in the air but to give these the form of simple pendular vibrations. - Hermann von Helmholtz, predicting the role of the electric bassist in 1877.
    paulo
    Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6218
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 15:34:15 (permalink)
    I watched a hooky copy of the exorcist which I think was officially banned at the time, when my parents were out and I was far too young and I think a bit of wee may have come out when her head did the 360, but can honestly say that any "horror" film I can remember seeing since has never scared me as such.

The original version of "Patrick" certainly made me jump at the end, but I don't know if that would be classed as horror and I guess "Asylum" (70s film) creeped me out a bit, but again I was only about 10 at the time I saw it.

The scariest film related moment in my adult life was during "what lies beneath", not because the film is particularly scary, but because the electric in my house chose to go off at exactly the point HF pulls the fuse in the movie !

I find vampires films and all that stuff totally boring and/or laughable.
    SteveStrummerUK
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 15:38:23 (permalink)

For me, one the best was at the end of Carrie, when the hand pops out of the ground and grabs Sue's ankle.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 16:13:12 (permalink)
    My scariest movie experience was watching the Wizard of Oz on TV at age 3.

I had never seen a movie before. I had never seen a television, because we didn't have one at home - just a radio and a record player (I was so deprived as a child, they had me reading books at age 5, but there was no CPS to appeal to back then).

Mom & Dad had just dropped me off at a babysitter, with strangers I didn't know, so I was already on edge. They plopped me down on the floor in front of the television and said "you're gonna love this!". I did not. Now, if they'd said "you're never gonna forget this", then they'd have been right. I never did.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    SteveStrummerUK
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 16:45:07 (permalink)
    jamesg1213
    sharke

I was telling Steve about this film recently, 'Whistle and I'll Come to You', it's one of my favourites. M R James' ghost stories are often set in desolate coastal areas in the UK, and feature something half-glimpsed, and a slow-building sense of dread. This is worth watching just for Michael Horden's wonderful performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYjtxHHjZ00

And an excellent watch it was too mate.

Although not as subtle, some of Roald Dahl's Tales Of The Unexpected TV series included a great twist at the end. The one I remember to this day was the episode where an old man sets up a bet with a younger chap as to whether his zippo lighter will light ten times in a row. He puts up his Jag as his stake should the guy succeed, but if he fails, he gets to cut off the little finger of the guy's left hand.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

dubdisciple
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5849
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 17:37:49 (permalink)
    I got take to see the excorscist in theaters as a 4 year old by a cruel but cool otherwise uncle. Scared me ****less especially coming from a very religious household. 
    paulo
    Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6218
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 17:46:06 (permalink)
    SteveStrummerUK

And an excellent watch it was too mate.

Although not as subtle, some of Roald Dahl's Tales Of The Unexpected TV series included a great twist at the end. The one I remember to this day was the episode where an old man sets up a bet with a younger chap as to whether his zippo lighter will light ten times in a row. He puts up his Jag as his stake should the guy succeed, but if he fails, he gets to cut off the little finger of the guy's left hand.

Some of the twists in those were indeed very good, but watching them now the acting seems more wooden than the woodentops.
    Leadfoot
    Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2817
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 21:09:47 (permalink)
    My favorite scary movie was a good old ghost story called The Changeling. It was made on 1980 and starred George C. Scott.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cETMR4cUp6c#
    yorolpal
    • Total Posts : 13829
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/28 21:19:42 (permalink)
    I'm with Bit on this one. Other than things that left an indelible stamp on me as a kid...seeing the reveal of Dr. Sardonicus for instance...I'm only temporally jarred by modern technology's attempts to scare the living daylights out of us. I'm much more frightened of portrayals of real, sociopathic nut cases than made up monsters or zombies.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/29 07:41:06 (permalink)
    The last time I was scared watching a movie was when I was thirteen watching Psycho. I miss that feeling, the enjoyable horror.
    Since then I've seen many movies that have made me distressed/anxious in a way that makes me skip channel. Usually due to violence and sadism. In the lack of story telling skills it's become very common nowadays  to make movies and TV-series "seriously scary " by depicting crimes which are disgustingly brutal and sadistic.

The British and Swedish crime series are my favourites because they don't have that. That series are usually based on popular novels that have proven their quality already as books.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/29 07:51:59 (permalink)
    Most all the modern scare-fest movies don't scare me so I don't even bother to watch them. My daughter likes them.... They rely on gore and fast, in your face surprises for the scare.....

Go back a few decades ..... the camera moves into a dark room, and a coffin rests on a pedestal in the center of the room. A faint beam of light from somewhere barely illuminates the coffin.... the music is suspenseful..... slowly, the camera pans  to the coffin, as the lid starts to rise, fingers appear in the crack and the lid rises.... Inside lays Count Dracula..... eyes closed..... the camera pans in for a facial closeup..... his eyes pop open and every person in the audience screams....

I'll never forget the hair on my neck standing on end watching Dracula.

The scariest movies are the ones where you know it's coming and it's delivered in a masterful way and scares the living beegeebee's out of you anyway.

Yeah.... the Wizard of Oz's witch was a scary thing to a little kid..... and  the flying monkeys..... OMG the flying monkeys were the things of a kid's nightmares for months on end.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    robert_e_bone
    • Total Posts : 8968
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/29 09:58:59 (permalink)
    Scariest movie all time - my first wedding.  It wasn't the wedding itself, but the marriage that was scary.  YIKES!  Hee hee

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
    Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
    Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
    Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
    MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
    Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
    Moshkito
    Max Output Level: -37.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3765
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/29 10:27:44 (permalink)
    Hi,
    "Far Worse Things Await Man, than Death." Bela Lugosi in "Dracula"

I used to watch, and even keep track of all the Hammer Films for a long time. The Dracula and Frankenstein series with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing, were very nice, even if the stories sometimes were stretched a few inches to revive the Count. But "scary" was not exactly my feeling then, because by that time, I had already been a serious student of "Gothic Literature" going as far back as Ann Radcliffe, and Horace Walpole!

Of the standard "horror" fare, none of them does me in. But there were a couple of films that fit the description of this thread. For me, it was called (had different names, btw) "The Legend of Hell House" with Pamela Franklin and that McDowell guy. It was very well shot and defined and well presented in the film. The scene with the cat, comes to mind ... I've seen things like that happen!

But Jean Luc Godard, introduced a few things that are used in these films ... sound out of whack with the film, and specially the effects out of sequence, and this became a big thing in many a horror film, however, none of these were as scary as many other things in film that were far superior in its effect than any horror film that I have ever seen.

Gaspar Noe's "Je Suis Seul" is probably the one film where it is not only disconcerting, it is very tough to even watch, and half the audience usually walks out, because it is so harsh and off its rocker ... and very tough to sit through. It's a gun shot, as loud as a shotgun that goes off at various times, and it's not designed, planned, or has any relation to the story of the film itself, which, btw, takes place in the characters head, non stop all the way to the end. And it is an insane attack on the French anything! AND, this is not a film for everyone! Like some of the weirdest and most avant-garde things EVER done, this questions your movie going left and right, and your entertainment ideas as well.

But nothing, in any film, has ever come as close as Mathew Gregory Lewis book, "The Monk" ... that can't even be filmed because it is so descriptive of the horrors in it. I don't suppose that many stories about WW2 are any better, and many movies showed it for the past 50 years, in their own way. When you come from that, horror film tends to look rather ... cardboard!
    post edited by Moshkito - 2015/04/29 10:43:08

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
    jbow
    Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7601
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/29 10:39:52 (permalink)
    Well, surely it is relative. It has to do with my age when I saw it but I would have to say some of the scenes, probably in the windmill in The Brides of Dracula. I was maybe 6 or 7 YO and on vacation. We went to a drive-in theater and saw it. That night back at the hotel, I had to sleep between mom and dad. Then until I was 17 or so I could not sleep at night without the covers wrapped tightly around my neck.

Movies don't scare me anymore, they are sometimes disgusting or interesting. I really enjoyed PHANTASM and I have all of them on DVD now but have not yet watched them all, but I will.
    I had a strange attraction to the Hellraiser movies, I think because they were so um... I can't think of the right word but they were different.
    I liked The Dunwich Horror, the original from the 70s, but I like all of Lovecraft's work.
    The worst horror movie I ever saw was Love Story. It was horrible.
    The old shock movies 2000 Maniacs and Blood Feast (Drive-in "B" movies) were pretty cool. I have an original handbill for Blood Feast.
    I like horror movies but my wife hates them so I rarely get to watch one. She has a hard time watching The Following.

Sonar Platinum
    Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
    HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!
    robert_e_bone
    • Total Posts : 8968
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/29 11:19:40 (permalink)
    If you ever get a wild hair - take a 'scary movie' and watch it with the sound off.  It makes it seem funny without the shock music dissonant chords and sudden screams and such.

I remember when my son was about 7-8 I was flipping through channels and happened across Chuckie, right in the the middle of him saying he wanted to play.  Freaked out my son so bad that for several YEARS afterward he was genuinely mad at me for even having the maybe 1 minute of the film up on the screen where he could see it.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
    Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
    Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
    Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
    MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
    Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
    sharke
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/29 11:44:32 (permalink)
    I was frightened of the weirdest things when I was a kid. It could have been something as innocuous as a particular style of drawing or animation. For instance, I lived in mortal fear of kid's cartoon called Mary, Mungo and Midge. It was about as twee as children's BBC shows go, but for some reason the style of it just haunted my dreams. However I was fascinated with my own fear of it. My dad once told me that when I was 3, I'd wake him up super early on Sunday mornings to watch it with me, and he'd settle down on the sofa all bleary eyed watching it only to look around and find that I'd fled the room in terror and was hiding under my bed. 

I looked at it on YouTube not so long ago and was surprised to find that I'm still a little spooked out by it. These things stay with you. Although I did think the opening and closing music was awesome. 

There were also some very creepy public service announcements aimed at kids in the 70's and 80's which were renowned for striking terror into children. Creepiness was the 70's forte, I believe. But the worst one was in the 80's, when the government released a horrible ad to warn kids about smoking. It was called "The First Natural Born Smoker" and it was eventually pulled because they got so many complaints about it traumatizing children (they'd show it in the ad breaks of kids' TV shows):

It had this creepy sci-fi feel to it which along with the audio track and the horrible face of the smoking dude, really spooked me to the point where I would get that metallic shock taste on my tongue when it came on. I think I was about 12 but still not past the childhood terror stage. 

One other thing I remember being afraid of when I was a kid was (and this is really weird) - non-standard windshield wipers. If there was only one, or if moved inwards toward each other instead of parallel with each other (i.e. /\ instead of //) then I was freaked. It made for a very interesting first trip to France.

Sometimes though, kids have good instincts. I was absolutely petrified of Jimmy Savile.  

James
    Moshkito
    Max Output Level: -37.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3765
    Re: What's your scariest horror movie scene? 2015/04/30 09:22:24 (permalink)
    Guitarhacker
    Go back a few decades ..... the camera moves into a dark room, and a coffin rests on a pedestal in the center of the room. A faint beam of light from somewhere barely illuminates the coffin.... the music is suspenseful..... slowly, the camera pans  to the coffin, as the lid starts to rise, fingers appear in the crack and the lid rises.... Inside lays Count Dracula..... eyes closed..... the camera pans in for a facial closeup..... his eyes pop open and every person in the audience screams....

Go back some 50 years still ... a gun points at the camera, and folks in the audience scream, and half of them left the theater in fear! Happened in many places!

robert_e_bone
    If you ever get a wild hair - take a 'scary movie' and watch it with the sound off.  It makes it seem funny without the shock music dissonant chords and sudden screams and such.

Ohhhh, you taking GOBLIN's music out? At least keep that ... forget the visuals and the movie itself!
    post edited by Moshkito - 2015/04/30 09:36:11

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1