Rapture Pro- Do I need to instal Dimension Pro or it will install with Rapture Pro?

Author
vladasyn
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1092
2015/05/01 00:36:33 (permalink)

Rapture Pro- Do I need to instal Dimension Pro or it will install with Rapture Pro?

Hey there
If I install Sonar and Zeta and then want to install Rapture Pro on a new SSD, do I need to install Dimension Pro or Rapture, or will Rapture Pro install everything?

If I do not change SSD and install on my old C drive, when I already have Dimension 1.5 (I think) and what ever that paid upgrade for Rapture we had few years ago installed- will the presets and samples be duplicated? I have very little space left on a SSD. If Rapture Pro installs samples from Dimension and old Rapture, I don't need any duplicates.
Thank you.

https://soundcloud.com/vlada-astral 
http://vladasyn.wix.com/astral#
I am a female. Windows 8.1
Custom DAW Intel Core I7 3770K, 16 Gb memory, SSD+ 2 x 2 Gb storage. Presonus StudioLive 24.
  Multiple keyboards and modules, software synths.  

13 Replies Related Threads

sylent
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 309
    Re: Rapture Pro- Do I need to instal Dimension Pro or it will install with Rapture Pro? 2015/05/01 01:03:43 (permalink)
    Rapture Pro doesn't have Dim Pro or Rapture included.

I don't use the CCC because I use multiple drives, but if you download Rapture Pro from your account and install it manually, you can choose the existing drive for additional samples.
    The existing samples for the older synths do work with the new RapPro, but it doesn't have all, or any of the older samples with it I don't think.
    I just added it to my existing multisamples folder.

I hope that answers all your questions.

http://twisteddrive.com
    Windows 7 Pro 64, i5-3570k 3.40GHz, 32Gb ram, NVIDIA Quatro 4000, 2x SSD, 2x 2Tb Dedicated storage and misc high-capacity HHD Storage, Sonar Platinum, Adobe CS6 Master Suite, Misc 3D, video, audio software. Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56/octapre, Mackie MCU, other MIDI/control, rack effects, and more.
    Gone!!
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 797
    Re: Rapture Pro- Do I need to instal Dimension Pro or it will install with Rapture Pro? 2015/05/01 01:54:53 (permalink)
    CCC allows you to choose sample location as well . . .

just sayin'
    sylent
    Re: Rapture Pro- Do I need to instal Dimension Pro or it will install with Rapture Pro? 2015/05/01 03:23:21 (permalink)
    jih64
    CCC allows you to choose sample location as well . . .

just sayin'

Yes, thank you,  I had forgotten that in the settings right?
    VSTs and samples I believe.

Windows 7 Pro 64, i5-3570k 3.40GHz, 32Gb ram, NVIDIA Quatro 4000, 2x SSD, 2x 2Tb Dedicated storage and misc high-capacity HHD Storage, Sonar Platinum, Adobe CS6 Master Suite, Misc 3D, video, audio software. Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56/octapre, Mackie MCU, other MIDI/control, rack effects, and more.
    Gone!!
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 797
    Re: Rapture Pro- Do I need to instal Dimension Pro or it will install with Rapture Pro? 2015/05/01 03:32:20 (permalink)
    No, not in CCC settings, I can't remember now, I think when you install the actual Rapture Pro part, it asks you for the location of the multisamples/data whatever, and then from then on it all gets installed there. Can't quire remember (even though it was just a day or so ago lol) something like that.

You know what it's like, you just go on autopilot :)
    sylent
    Re: Rapture Pro- Do I need to instal Dimension Pro or it will install with Rapture Pro? 2015/05/01 03:41:21 (permalink)
    lol.... yes I do.. autopilot for over 10 years now!
    And I was thinking about Sonar .. I think!

Hope you're doing good Jeff, and thanks for kicking me in the right direction, it's crawling towards 3am here and I'm so tired I can't contemplate sleep. lol

Bristol_Jonesey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16775
    Re: Rapture Pro- Do I need to instal Dimension Pro or it will install with Rapture Pro? 2015/05/01 06:09:37 (permalink)
    jih64
    No, not in CCC settings, I can't remember now, I think when you install the actual Rapture Pro part, it asks you for the location of the multisamples/data whatever, and then from then on it all gets installed there. Can't quire remember (even though it was just a day or so ago lol) something like that.

You know what it's like, you just go on autopilot :)

I noticed something weird when installing Rap Pro

I started on my 2nd machine (not the studio DAW) and selected the "Install All" option.
    But I still found I had to install each of the expansion packs separately. Major drag.

However, when I started updating my DAW last night, the Install All option worked and I left it unattended for about 3 hours while it did it's thing.

Spooky eh?

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
    Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
    SONARtist
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 599
    Re: Rapture Pro- Do I need to instal Dimension Pro or it will install with Rapture Pro? 2015/05/01 08:45:54 (permalink)
    The "install all" option did not work for me either (a couple of days ago ... I haven't tried this option again).

BUT, I had a lot of previous DimPro and Rapture libraries, and (I think) hardly any of these play even though they are in the Rapture Pro list.  I have since read the Dan's FAQ's and it seems that I have to reinstall DimPro etc. and then Rapture Pro will supposedly automagically recognise everything.  Haven't tried this yet though.

One thing really annoys me is that there are multiple versions of the same samples etc. all over the place on my system.  It seems that every new version uses a different folder to install, and then duplicates existing files yet again.  Too much space is wasted !

Ideally what I'd like to know is ... if Rapture Pro includes all DimPro and previous Rapture patches/samples, can I uninstall DimPro etc. ???

There's certainly a lot to be desired in the install process.  For example, I could not find ANY logfile related to Rapture Pro on my system ?

Sonar Platinum
    (previously Cakewalk for DOS & all Pro Audio | All Sonars Professional & Producer)
    ASUS P9X79 DeLuxe / Intel HexaCore i7-3930K / 32 GB RAM
    240 GB SSD / 2x 1TB SSD + 4TB SSD / 4TB NAS / Matrox ExtIO F1220 RGU & Dual 24" Mons / Win7 x64 SP1
    SSL Alphalink/MADI Xtreme FO System / Genelec 5.1 Surround
    Multitude of external gear, SI's & PlugIns
    ShellstaX
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 502
    Re: Rapture Pro- Do I need to instal Dimension Pro or it will install with Rapture Pro? 2015/05/01 09:12:37 (permalink)
    SONARtist
    One thing really annoys me is that there are multiple versions of the same samples etc. all over the place on my system.  It seems that every new version uses a different folder to install, and then duplicates existing files yet again.  Too much space is wasted ! 

You can also 'link' to the old expansions from your new multisample folder, to avoid duplicates, as per http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3214357

But ... if you want to uninstall Dim/Rap then it may take those additional multisamples with it. the link will be left 'hanging' - pointing to a folder that doesn't exist.

You should be able to uninstall the old ... but just ensure you have all of your expansion/custom progs, multisamples and LFOs copied/installed to any newly defined locations for RapPro (or be in a position to reinstall those packs). If you have installed those packs to the new RapPro already then you are likely OK because it will have distributed additional copies to the RapPro repositories already.

post edited by ShellstaX - 2015/05/01 09:19:56
    SONARtist
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 599
    Re: Rapture Pro- Do I need to instal Dimension Pro or it will install with Rapture Pro? 2015/05/01 09:28:18 (permalink)
    Thanks ShellstaX.  I'll try Dan's (FAQ) idea first and see what happens, and yes, I'll make sure that I won't lose anything if I decide to uninstall DimPro etc.

Sonar Platinum
    (previously Cakewalk for DOS & all Pro Audio | All Sonars Professional & Producer)
    ASUS P9X79 DeLuxe / Intel HexaCore i7-3930K / 32 GB RAM
    240 GB SSD / 2x 1TB SSD + 4TB SSD / 4TB NAS / Matrox ExtIO F1220 RGU & Dual 24" Mons / Win7 x64 SP1
    SSL Alphalink/MADI Xtreme FO System / Genelec 5.1 Surround
    Multitude of external gear, SI's & PlugIns
    vladasyn
    Re: Rapture Pro- Do I need to instal Dimension Pro or it will install with Rapture Pro? 2015/05/01 14:45:43 (permalink)
    Thank you for your reply. Still not clear what we getting.

On my desktop, I have Dimension 1.5, Rapture full version (paid update) and Z3ta2. I have some 3rd party Rapture libraries as well.

So lets say I install on my desktop computer. What did you sy will happen with Dimension and Rapture I already have? Will they stay unchanged, yet many duplicate samples will be installed because Rapture Pro has the same samples as Dimension and old full Rapture?

Now different scenario: lets say I installed new SSD and Sonar Platinum. Lets say- I buy upgrade Rapture Pro. Do I need to install Dimension and old Rapture or only 3rd party libraries for old Rapture? I thought that Dimension and Rapture now united in one software and Rapture Pro will install Dimension and Rapture samples and there is no need to install old synths. Please, correct me. Thank you.

Custom DAW Intel Core I7 3770K, 16 Gb memory, SSD+ 2 x 2 Gb storage. Presonus StudioLive 24.
    stevec
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11546
    Re: Rapture Pro- Do I need to instal Dimension Pro or it will install with Rapture Pro? 2015/05/01 21:37:40 (permalink)
    Dimension, Rapture and Rapture Pro are completely independent synths, and do not rely on each other being installed.   What Rapture Pro can do is read Dimension and Rapture libraries, as long as they are in the location that Rapture Pro expects.   

I don't have Rapture Pro yet but from what I've read it (by default) reads its libraries from a different location than DP and Rapture, so that's where the "duplicate samples" come into play - you could have them from your original DP and Rapture installs and then again with Rapture Pro in its new location.   But if you only install Rapture Pro on a new machine, then you'll only have/need a single location for everything, and that's where you would install your DP and Rapture libraries (without the synths themselves).

SteveC
    https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
    Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
    Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

vladasyn
    Re: Rapture Pro- Do I need to instal Dimension Pro or it will install with Rapture Pro? 2015/05/02 11:34:27 (permalink)
    You saying, DP. Does it mean Dimension Pro? I did not install Dimension when upgraded to Sonar Platinum, so I must have Dimension 1.5 then? So if I install DP, it going to duplicate all the sounds again? And then I install Rapture Pro and it will duplicate Rapture sounds? Is there clear explanation from Cakewalk regarding what is what? It looks like they offering the same product in different packages and don't want to mention that it duplicates what we already have.
    Also if I install on new computer Rapture Pro, it will not install Dimension Pro? DP is not part of RP? Thank you.

vladasyn
    Re: Rapture Pro- Do I need to instal Dimension Pro or it will install with Rapture Pro? 2015/05/02 17:26:51 (permalink)
    Will Dimension Pro and Rapture Classic factory content be available in Rapture Pro?
    Yes. Just like expansion packs, all factory content from Dimension Pro and Rapture Classic that was installed before Rapture Pro will be automatically migrated.
    Note that the Legacy Content Packs Vol 1–3 included with Rapture Pro contain the Dimension Pro and Rapture Classic factory content. If Rapture Pro is being installed fresh, Dimension Pro and Rapture Classic factory content is available in these packs.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1