Helpful ReplyRapture Pro - Can you load old Dimension Pro presets?

Author
SteveCapps
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
2015/05/02 20:23:36 (permalink)

Rapture Pro - Can you load old Dimension Pro presets?

I just got the Rapture Pro - I like it!

I hoped I would be able to load my favorite Dimension Pro presets into the new Rapture Pro, but I haven't found a way to do that.  Has anyone done this yet? 
fantini
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 146
Re: Rapture Pro - Can you load old Dimension Pro presets? 2015/05/02 22:35:47 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk] 2015/05/04 17:28:43
Use the programs window at the top right and access the folder where you keep your original Dpro program files.  Mine are in the Program Data folder under Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs.  Whatever folder you keep your personal program presets in.  Load up the program and it should work.
SteveCapps
Re: Rapture Pro - Can you load old Dimension Pro presets? 2015/05/03 07:47:19 (permalink)
Fantini - 

Thanks for the reply.  I think we are talking about two different types of files.  You are talking about Programs, I am talking about Presets.

What's the difference? I wish I knew, but I am not a Dimension-Pro / Rapture-Pro master.  I cannot yet "walk the rice paper without tearing it".   

Anywho, here's how I have been using Dimension Pro:

I load an instrument, make some modifications to it, then I click the VST2 button - near the center on the top Dimension Pro menu.

I choose SAVE PRESET and save this "modified instrument" into a folder i created.

Anytime I wish, I can load this modified instrument into Dimension Pro just by clicking the VST 2 button again, then LOAD PRESET, picking my preset, and I have my modified instrument back, exactly as it was when i saved it.

Now that I have Rapture Pro, I was hoping to be able to load those exact same Presets.

Here's what I tried in Rapture Pro:

I click the VST3 button on the Rapture Pro menu at the top, choose Load Preset, navigate to the exact same folder where I saved the Dimension Pro preset.  Nothing is displayed, so I change the file type (to the left of the File Name field) from VST3 Preset to All Files, and I can see my old Dimension Pro Presets.  I choose one, and I get the error message "Invalid Filename, failed to load preset".

These are the Presets from the old Dimension Pro I would like to load into the new Rapture Pro.
Anonymungus!
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 259
Re: Rapture Pro - Can you load old Dimension Pro presets? 2015/05/03 12:50:03 (permalink)
Mmmm... I need to look into this. I have several patches in Rap Pro that just don't work. This includes the whole Gibson Les Paul Gold Top presets, which I really love! They won't play, they load but don't play. I was thinking I can maybe load the old Dim Pro patches into Rap Pro, but then I found your post!

Ya know, all in all I really think Cakewalk is doing a fantastic job. But when it comes to release of Rap Pro, I'm quite disappointed. There were a lot of patches in the old Dim Pro that would not play. You would think they should at least run through all the sounds, one by one, and make sure they ALL WORK!

Sonar Platinum x64 Lifetime, Windows 10 x64, Intel Quad Core CPU@3.40GHz, 8GB RAM, (2)1.5T Hard Drives, Presonus AudioBox 44VSL, Roland A-500Pro MIDI Controller & lots more stuff

Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 395
Re: Rapture Pro - Can you load old Dimension Pro presets? 2015/05/04 17:25:44 (permalink)
Anonymungus!
Mmmm... I need to look into this. I have several patches in Rap Pro that just don't work. This includes the whole Gibson Les Paul Gold Top presets, which I really love! They won't play, they load but don't play. I was thinking I can maybe load the old Dim Pro patches into Rap Pro, but then I found your post!

Ya know, all in all I really think Cakewalk is doing a fantastic job. But when it comes to release of Rap Pro, I'm quite disappointed. There were a lot of patches in the old Dim Pro that would not play. You would think they should at least run through all the sounds, one by one, and make sure they ALL WORK!

We're aware of some patches that do not play. In fact I believe I've responded to this in some other posts already. Thank for making us aware of these issues.
melancholytechnicolour
Re: Rapture Pro - Can you load old Dimension Pro presets? 2015/12/13 17:33:42 (permalink)
I also have missing patches (running on El Cap) and I also would like to have some clear guidance on loading old Rapture presets into RP
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1