Author
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 751
2015/04/29 15:01:41 (permalink)
5 (6)

Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback

Greetings friends.

We have been working on an update for Cakewalk Command Center (C3) , we are at a point where we would like to share our current plan with the community to collect your feedback. At this time we do not have a timeline for when we will deliver any of the proposed changes, that is something we will figure out after we get some time to work through your feedback.

One of our initial goals with C3 was to improve the new user experience. To be completely honest, (at least I) was not expecting the positive response and heavy use that C3 received from professional and upgrade users. To that end, many of the changes we would like to introduce are more geared to making it easier for professionals to get the functionality they need from C3 without making the new user experience any more complicated.

Disclaimer: Screenshots may not be the final art, this is mostly placeholder stuff. Everything stated here is subject to change and this is not a commitment on Cakewalk's part to make these proposed changes. 

What we will not be addressing in this update
Nothing is off the table forever, this is just a small list of a few commonly requested features that we will not be considering for this update. Please continue to make feature requests in the F&I forum and contribute to discussions around these topics, your thoughts are incredibly valuable in guiding our decisions. For this update however we will not be addressing these ones.

Multiselect/custom install selections.
The basic idea is, a method for users to select any arbitrary collection of products and install them. Supporting this adds a ton of complexity to some new options we'd like to introduce in 1.1 so we'd like to re-visit this topic after the changes to learn more about how folks feel about it.

Download pause/resume
Experience: We've been making a real effort to make more smaller installers where possible. Downloading smaller components has proven to be much simpler for users than downloading large gargantuan installers. This modular approach makes it easier for users to choose what they want and also not suffer as long when a download fails or becomes corrupt. 

Technical: By design most everything C3 does is asynchronous in nature. This includes downloading multiple files concurrently. This makes supporting pause/resume a bit more complex without adding a lot of additional information and also persisting this info when the application is closed/re-opened.

Both: Should we resume a download if a newer update is available or toss it out and auto-update the user? Not a life shattering event by any means but a seasoned user may prefer the version they selected, a new user may prefer to be on the latest and greatest.

Cancel downloads in progress
There are some design considerations - such as 'what happens when the user cancels download of 4 of 7 when C3 is downloading a collection?' that we are exploring in addition to the tech reasons for resume before we'd like to dive into this one.

Command Center 1.1 Update  
Persisting the installed product list in the registry
Today when a user installs a product C3 tracks the installed versions in a local per-user cache or by checking for a file on disk. This is problem when a user logs out of C3 as their cache is destroyed. Starting with 1.1 C3 will use the registry to maintain 'version awareness'. This should address issues where a product would report that it is not installed when in fact it is.

Supporting info: On the C3 side this is a fairly straightforward change. However this does require every installer to be updated to write its version information into the registry. Post-launch this may create a situation where products are reported as 'not installed' until they're updated to the latest version.

Content Path Customization
The 'Cakewalk Content' location is a pretty heavily used resource across multiple products. In 1.1 we will let users specify this path from the C3 settings page and C3 will copy the contents (if they exist) to the user specified location. 

Supporting info: Also a simple implementation on the C3 side. This change does require that the installers always respect the content path given to them by C3.

Verbose/Non-Silent Install
An option will be added to the settings page to allow users to bypass the silent argument that is passed to installers. This will allow users to step through the installer dialogs and options.

Easy access to the downloads and content directories
This is pretty simple, an open folder button will be added to the settings page to allow users to open up either the downloads or Cakewalk Content directories.

User-defined update check interval
Anyone that has lots of products or uses C3 to launch products understands what a pain it can be when waiting for the update check to complete. An option will be added to the settings page that will allow users to specify (in hours) how long C3 should wait before checking for updates. The last update check value is stored per-product in C3's cache. We're rolling with a default value of 24 hours but interested in hearing your feedback if this is to high or to low of a default.

Check for updates now button
Hopefully the title is self-explanatory. In addition to allowing users to specify how often C3 checks clicking this button will force C3 to check for updates immediately.

TEMP SETTINGS PAGE

I realize the language for some of these options is horrible - if you have any suggestions please share ;)

Download-only context menu option
For those that would enjoy the download and MD5-checking awesomeness of C3 but would prefer to manually run the installer or copy it to an offline-computer - this option is for you. It does what it says - downloads the files for a product or update without running the installer.

Behind the scenes fixes and performance updates
In addition to the new visible changes a lot of work has gone into fixing bugs and improving performance. Disk I/O should be improved (although probably not noticeable) as we've cut down on overly aggressive persistence calls. A few specific issues that might be worth calling out:

Error when clicking a link in C3: For some crazy reason (I don't know how or why) some folks did not have a default web-browser specified in Windows.  C3 now handles this condition with more grace.

Error when logging into C3 on a computer that has never had any Cakewalk products or VST plugins installed for non-admin users: This one tied into the aggressive persistence calls.

Update: 6/4/2015 
Based on feedback from our support group, this thread and the fault reporter so far we have also added the following for 1.1:
  • All of your hidden products will now show up in the settings window so you can un-hide them. Right now its an utter mess, but once our designer takes a swing at it I'll get a new screenshot for everybody
  • The 'Install All' option will always be available for products that have child products/installers
  • We're looking into an 'Update All' button that will make it easier to update all products that have child products
  • The product page now displays both 'Current Version' and 'Latest Version' for the selected product
  • The C3 installer now adds windows firewall exceptions for ports 80 & 443 for itself, this won't stop super aggressive 3rd party firewalls but it should help with folks that have strict windows firewall settings in place
Your feedback matters
100% of these changes we're inspired by user-feedback via the forum and support. Keep this train rolling - let us know how you feel about these proposed changes. We can't incorporate everything in one update but it is important to us that we're on the right track with this first targeted set of changes. 

Please keep this discussion civil and on-topic
It would be very helpful for us to leave this discussion with helpful, actionable feedback.
post edited by Willy Jones [Cakewalk] - 2015/06/04 10:24:21

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
lfm
Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2216
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/04/29 16:11:58 (permalink)
On some parts I think you overcomplicate things.
There are various installers out there - that are also intuitive.

I think CCC resemble some of that - but forget about a simple checkbox at each product.
And possibly an chekbox option "smart download" or similar meaning - if to use that:
a) if not checked, one at a time is downloaded in sequence
b) if checked you start two in parallell first - see if second does not slow down first and both get similar speed, you start yet another parallell - as long as checkboxes goes.

Quite often the download servers is the limit, and you speed things up if having more headroom on your broadband to use up.

If we get an check option to download chm help file separately - would be nice. In reality Sonar took maybe 15-20 minutes tops. But you had to spend 90 minutes with all tuts just to get help file.

Two browsers that I like as downloaders are Opera and Maxthon - if to look for pause/continue stuff later.
Nothing is cleared from list of completed downloads - unless you press Clear completed.
And each row in list has an play/pause and stop.

Just a bunch....
BobF
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/04/29 17:43:37 (permalink)
I think you guys have it narrowed pretty good.  I won't speak for everybody, but for ME, being able to direct content locations PLUS being able to inform CCC about applications already installed (outside of CCC) will get me using it.

Let the dust settle on that while you develop the Talent PC module, then see what people most want from CCC from there.

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

BassDaddy
Max Output Level: -33 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4232
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/04/29 18:03:58 (permalink)
I don't want to have any 32 bit on my system. I would like all 32 bit plugs marked clearly or put in a folder I can choose to not install. I would love to be able to set up my custom install one time and then save as a preset. I don't want to install some of the older FX and Synths because I have to install them to get others I do want.

It's Bass, not Bass.
i7 2700K, 16GB DDR3, 2 SSD sample drives and OS drive, HDD SATAIII for projects, 2 24" monitors
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, Focusrite VRM Box, LAVA Lamp, SONAR Platinum 64 bit, Mackie MCU and 1 MCU XT, Akai Advance 49, Windows 10,
Komplete 9 Ultimate, Cakewalk, Toontrack, IK, AAS, XLN, UVI, Air Music Tech, Waves Factory, Sample Tek and Sonivox VSTi's. Overloud, T-Racks, Audio Damage, D16, Nomad Factory, Waves Gold FX 
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/04/30 05:01:33 (permalink)
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Multiselect/custom install selections.
The basic idea is, a method for users to select any arbitrary collection of products and install them. Supporting this adds a ton of complexity to some new options we'd like to introduce in 1.1 so we'd like to re-visit this topic after the changes to learn more about how folks feel about it.

That is what was and still is annoying me at most. With RapturePro the last time. I have asked for "Install All", it has downloaded near everything but then there was an error... After restart, I pressed "Install All" again, but after installing PR itself, it could not continue. But "Install All" disappeared. So, I have to manually: "Install 1", wait installation, "Click", wait rescanned installed, "Install 2", wait installation, "Click", wait... Even if not custom, is it possible to have "Install All" All the time?

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Tom Riggs
Max Output Level: -57.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1752
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/04/30 05:40:07 (permalink)
I think these changes if implemented well will go a long way to improving CCC.

Currently I have given up on CCC primarily because of the lost data when a download fails. If the download fails using FireFox I can resume without loosing the part of the file that is already downloaded. Even after a reboot, it is a little tricky but it works.

Firefox just saves the partial file with a .part extension then it knows it can restart the download using the .part file as the beginning.

None the less I may be tempted to try CCC again once the download only option is available.

Thanks Willy for the heads up. I was starting to think we would not get any progress on this.

i7-3770k OC at 4.5Ghz, asus p8z77-m, 16g g.skill aries 1600 c9 ram, Noctua d-14 cooler, RME HDSPe Raydat, Motu FastLane, Nvidea GTX 980 ti 6G, windows 7 and 8.1 pro x64. Sonar Platinum and x3e currently installed

My Music 
My YouTube

dcumpian
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4124
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/04/30 08:28:15 (permalink)
This sounds like a good direction for CCC to go in. You've got my vote.

Regards,
Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/04/30 08:45:54 (permalink)
azslow3

Even if not custom, is it possible to have "Install All" All the time?

Yeah, I think we can see about making that happen. Should be pretty easy to add/fix.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/04/30 08:55:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Tom Riggs 2015/04/30 10:05:10
Tom Riggs

I have given up on CCC primarily because of the lost data when a download fails. If the download fails using FireFox I can resume without loosing the part of the file that is already downloaded. Even after a reboot, it is a little tricky but it works.

We have seen a major decrease in failed and partial downloads since we switched to smaller, modular installers. I would be very interested in trying to figure out why this happens in your case though. Would you mind PM'ing your IP address next time this happens? (Or wait for 1.1's download-only option). We can check the logs and find out which location your download was served from. We found some ISPs had some weird stuff going on and they were getting served downloads from locations that were waaay far away.

Another thing worth trying if this happens to you consistently is changing your DNS settings to Google's DNS or Open DNS. I'm geographically closer to New York City. If I use Comcast's (a cable provider here in the US) DNS I end up getting downloads from Atlanta and Washington D.C. that are about a 3rd slower.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
BobF
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/04/30 09:43:11 (permalink)
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Tom Riggs

I have given up on CCC primarily because of the lost data when a download fails. If the download fails using FireFox I can resume without loosing the part of the file that is already downloaded. Even after a reboot, it is a little tricky but it works.

We have seen a major decrease in failed and partial downloads since we switched to smaller, modular installers. I would be very interested in trying to figure out why this happens in your case though. Would you mind PM'ing your IP address next time this happens? (Or wait for 1.1's download-only option). We can check the logs and find out which location your download was served from. We found some ISPs had some weird stuff going on and they were getting served downloads from locations that were waaay far away.

Another thing worth trying if this happens to you consistently is changing your DNS settings to Google's DNS or Open DNS. I'm geographically closer to New York City. If I use Comcast's (a cable provider here in the US) DNS I end up getting downloads from Atlanta and Washington D.C. that are about a 3rd slower.

This is all well and good, Willy, but you'll never work around backhoe fades and similar errors.  Robust handling of download errors should be the spec IMO

Bob  --
--

Tom Riggs
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/04/30 10:28:00 (permalink)
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Tom Riggs

Thanks for replying Willy I'm in the Philippines and the connection issues are definitely caused by my isp limiting download bandwidth.

They have recently offered up a new plan which allows for unlimited download without forced slowdown like before. I have changed to that plan and normal browsing and youtube watching is no longer causing problems.

So it may be easier to download now however I have not tried as I prefer to download only and install when I'm ready. So I think I will be more likely to give ccc another try once this update is implemented.

If you can get the down-loader to quit discarding the partial download and save it for later (perhaps with an extension appended to the name), then it's a simple matter of checking for the partial file before starting a new download and pickup where you left off. That way there is no need to retain any information in the program itself about the failed download.

As a mater of fact I was downloading the update and had to switch the power at my house from generator to the main electric (our power was out at the time I started). I shutdown the power to the house and switched over. When I made it back to my studio a while later I remembered that I was downloading the updates and just clicked on restart in FireFox. The Main program update was only about 5mb from completion and it picked up right where it left off. CCC would have trashed the whole download and started from scratch.

Now I know that download failure is not Cakewalks fault but the ability to pick up where it left off saved me another hour of downloading. Given the 3rd world nature of the power and the internet where I live you can see why this is important to me. If I lived in the Manila area I would have other options available but...... I live in the rural area.

The local infrastructure sucks but I have a heck of a view. LOL

On the newer version issue in the first post:

If there is a newer version of the update available then offer the user the option of completing the original download or download the updated installer.

It seems the you are afraid to give the end user any prompts during the download. While that option may be preferred by many including your tech support :) having options that allow more control of the install process is also a good thing.

I think Cake has a great product and I know that the CCC is the way you wish to move forward. I would love to be able to take advantage of its full potential.

Have a great day!

i7-3770k OC at 4.5Ghz, asus p8z77-m, 16g g.skill aries 1600 c9 ram, Noctua d-14 cooler, RME HDSPe Raydat, Motu FastLane, Nvidea GTX 980 ti 6G, windows 7 and 8.1 pro x64. Sonar Platinum and x3e currently installed

My Music 
My YouTube

Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/04/30 10:31:55 (permalink)
BobF

This is all well and good, Willy, but you'll never work around backhoe fades and similar errors.  Robust handling of download errors should be the spec IMO

Thanks Bob. 

I'm not disagreeing with you, and to an extent C3 is pretty robust it does validate MD5 which your browser will not do for you in the event of a completed but corrupted download. What it does not handle is your connection dropping, that I think we all agree can be improved upon.

We are not getting hundreds (or even tens) of reports from users where this is happening which is why its not something we are focusing on for this cycle. Perusing the logs I can see that in the last two weeks downloads where less than 100% of the total file gets transferred happens less than 0.05% of the time for C3 downloads. That number is closer to 12% for non-C3 downloads (though users have the ability to cancel a download from their browser so that is very likely a contributing factor to that number).

It is definitely a subject that is in our backlog and that we'd like to improve, compared however to the requests we have received for download-only and verbose installs we have decided to focus on those tasks first.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/04/30 10:45:24 (permalink)
Thanks Tom.

Tom Riggs

Thanks for replying Willy I'm in the Philippines and the connection issues are definitely caused by my isp limiting download bandwidth.

We do utilize an edge location in Manila. Next time this happens please do ping me so we can check the logs and verify you're getting the download from what (in theory, though not always) should be the fastest download location.

If you can get the down-loader to quit discarding the partial download and save it for later (perhaps with an extension appended to the name), then it's a simple matter of checking for the partial file before starting a new download and pickup where you left off. That way there is no need to retain any information in the program itself about the failed download.

To some extent yes that is how it works, but to really do it right you need to know the tail of the last bytes that came down the wire and make sure what you have on disk isn't corrupted. It would suck to resume a download to then still end up with a corrupted file. This is actually a report that our support team used to get often from users that had daily download caps. They would pause the download, resume on day two and the final file would be corrupted. 

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
BobF
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/04/30 15:49:34 (permalink)
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
BobF

Thanks Bob. 

I'm not disagreeing with you, and to an extent C3 is pretty robust it does validate MD5 which your browser will not do for you in the event of a completed but corrupted download. What it does not handle is your connection dropping, that I think we all agree can be improved upon.

We are not getting hundreds (or even tens) of reports from users where this is happening which is why its not something we are focusing on for this cycle. Perusing the logs I can see that in the last two weeks downloads where less than 100% of the total file gets transferred happens less than 0.05% of the time for C3 downloads. That number is closer to 12% for non-C3 downloads (though users have the ability to cancel a download from their browser so that is very likely a contributing factor to that number).

It is definitely a subject that is in our backlog and that we'd like to improve, compared however to the requests we have received for download-only and verbose installs we have decided to focus on those tasks first.

Thanks Willy for following up.

Bob  --
--

gmp
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/02 00:50:32 (permalink)
I'm using 32 bit Platinum. I'll eventually go to 64 bit, but for now I need to stay with 32 bit. Will this new improved Command Center allow me to install 32 bit? So far the only way I could do it was to do a manual install.

I'm glad you're giving us more freedom on the install paths with Command Center. Many of us want keep our C drive lean? I like your idea for a verbose install, many of us missed the custom install options we'd have in the past. Thanks for everyone's work on this. I think the Command Center is a good idea that just needs improvement.

Gerry Peters
Midi Magic Studio
http://gprecordingstudio.com/
Album Productions and Songwriter Resources
Cakewalk By Bandlab, Platinum 64 + 32 bit, Studiocat AsRock Z97 motherboard, Haswell CPU 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM 16GB DDR3/1600, Windows 10 Pro all updates including optional, MOTU AVB Ultralite sound card/Midi interface/Dig mixer, onboard Video HD4600. Midisport 2x2 midi interface, Vienna Instruments, Ivory II piano, Komplete 9, Superior drummer. 5 HD's - OS drive 250GB SSD, Samples drive 1 500GB SSD,  3 data HDs - total of 6.5T
Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/02 01:11:13 (permalink)
An 'Un-hide' option would be useful. I've hidden a few things, because with say Melodyne, that I had upgraded, it was constantly showing as needing to be installed, even though it was, same with the XLN stuff. With more and more things being added, as breaking them into smaller chunks being welcomed, hiding is a really useful feature.

If Later change my mind about something, say you incorporate a new feature in with something I previously had no interest, I have to go to the Program Data file and manual change the text in the file. Or maybe I hide something by mistake.

I currently hide Dim and Rapture as well, and should I go with Rapture Pro, I wouldn't need either of these headers in the future.

I'll probably go through the loop collections and other content from Sonar and do the same thing, once additional wanted content that will come over the year start to fill up that screen.

I can see that ideally this would require some kind of box showing all the hidden items do deselect, but maybe a half way step for the moment could be an 'Un-hide all' option, so you reset everything.

Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/02 11:50:01 (permalink)
Having unhidden everything earlier. I have just been reminded that when you hid something, it does an update straight after. so if you want to say hide all the loop content, you have to sit through several update checks. The plus side though, is that once they are hidden they are not checked for updates, making hiding them more worthwhile.

...wicked
Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7360
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/02 21:15:20 (permalink)
I'm sorry, the wording in in the OP is a little confusing, do you mean to say you are not addressing the following items in a 1.1 update:
  • Multiselect/custom install selections.
  • Download pause/resume
  • Cancel downloads in progress
Meaning these features won't appear in 1.1? 

===========
The Fog People
===========

Intel i7-4790 
16GB RAM
ASUS Z97 
Roland OctaCapture
Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
billions VSTs, some of which work    
lawajava
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2040
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/03 10:34:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
The only thing I care about for CCC is that I can choose where to install everything. I see mention of Cakewalk Content but not mention of the standard feature for seemingly every program in the world but CCC - which is the dialog, "where do you want to install?".

I can't use CCC at all without this capability.

Did you address that in your comments above or is it off the table?

Two internal 2TB SSDs laptop stuffed with Larry's deals and awesome tools. Studio One is the cat's meow as a DAW now that I've migrated off of Sonar. Using BandLab Cakewalk just to grab old files when migrating songs.
Tom Riggs
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/04 04:45:07 (permalink)
lawajava, the verbose install option mentioned in the op would give you the same level of control during the install you had in previous versions.

My Music 
My YouTube

gmp
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/04 11:44:08 (permalink)
Tom Riggs
lawajava, the verbose install option mentioned in the op would give you the same level of control during the install you had in previous versions.

Good to hear. What about installing 32 bit instead of 64 bit Platinum?

Gerry Peters
Midi Magic Studio
http://gprecordingstudio.com/
Album Productions and Songwriter Resources
Cakewalk By Bandlab, Platinum 64 + 32 bit, Studiocat AsRock Z97 motherboard, Haswell CPU 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM 16GB DDR3/1600, Windows 10 Pro all updates including optional, MOTU AVB Ultralite sound card/Midi interface/Dig mixer, onboard Video HD4600. Midisport 2x2 midi interface, Vienna Instruments, Ivory II piano, Komplete 9, Superior drummer. 5 HD's - OS drive 250GB SSD, Samples drive 1 500GB SSD,  3 data HDs - total of 6.5T
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/04 12:38:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
gmp

I'm using 32 bit Platinum. I'll eventually go to 64 bit, but for now I need to stay with 32 bit. Will this new improved Command Center allow me to install 32 bit? 

Hi Gerry,

Yes, with the 1.1 update you can enable the verbose option in the settings page and every installer will run with its full UI and allow you to customize paths.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/04 12:40:18 (permalink)
Kamikaze
Having unhidden everything earlier. I have just been reminded that when you hid something, it does an update straight after. so if you want to say hide all the loop content, you have to sit through several update checks. The plus side though, is that once they are hidden they are not checked for updates, making hiding them more worthwhile.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into if we can get 'unhiding' put together for this update.

RE: the update checks, the new update check period option we're adding to the settings page should ease this pain for you.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/04 12:40:52 (permalink)
...wicked
I'm sorry, the wording in in the OP is a little confusing, do you mean to say you are not addressing the following items in a 1.1 update:
  • Multiselect/custom install selections.
  • Download pause/resume
  • Cancel downloads in progress
Meaning these features won't appear in 1.1? 

Yes that is correct, these features will not appear in 1.1

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
SF_Green
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1403
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/04 15:58:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
As far as beginner vs advanced/simple vs. Total control goes, how about adding "basic" and "advanced" selection buttons just like in preferences in Sonar. I would think that would be an easy way to accommodate everyone's needs.

AMD FX-8370, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3,  Win7x64 SP1, 16Gb CorsairDDR3-1600, GeForce GTX 950 (390.65), SSD 525Gb (OS), SATA 3 & 1.5Tb, MOTU microlite, RME FireFace 800 (D 3.124, fw 2.77), UAD-2Q, Adam A7X, A-800 PRO, CC121
Cubase Pro 10.0.5, SonarPt-2017.10 (x64), Reason10.2, Live 10.0.5 Suite, Wavelab Elements 9.5.40, Komplete10Ult, POD Farm2.5, Omnisphere2.5, BFD3, Alesis QS7.1, Arturia BeatStep Pro, POD HD500, Alesis ControlPad, ARP Omni, many things with strings. GrSltz My Studio
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/05 11:11:50 (permalink)
SF_Green
As far as beginner vs advanced/simple vs. Total control goes, how about adding "basic" and "advanced" selection buttons just like in preferences in Sonar. I would think that would be an easy way to accommodate everyone's needs.

As a menu option it's easy to accomodate everyone's needs, but, don't forget the coding to make it happen still has to be done and from Willy's comments there is far more to it.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/05 23:53:54 (permalink)
BassDaddy
I don't want to have any 32 bit on my system. I would like all 32 bit plugs marked clearly or put in a folder I can choose to not install.

+1
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/06 04:16:34 (permalink)
Doktor Avalanche
BassDaddy
I don't want to have any 32 bit on my system. I would like all 32 bit plugs marked clearly or put in a folder I can choose to not install.

+1

Just install them to a folder outside of your Plugin scanner paths. U til we get more control.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/06 09:04:49 (permalink)
... assuming you already know they are 32 bit plugins which is not indicated ;) In the context of this thread it's a request.
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/06 15:44:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
how about connecting up the problem reporter with ccc, uploading minidumps with sys info etc, to improve bug reporting, help troubleshooting etc

just a sec

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1