Helpful ReplyI've been "on the fence" about Rapture Pro BUT, I AM going to buy it because of...

Author
jbow
Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7601
2015/05/04 17:58:29 (permalink)

I've been "on the fence" about Rapture Pro BUT, I AM going to buy it because of...

The classy and graceful way the Bakers are handling what seems to be a really tough rollout. I am truly convinced that Cakewalk is putting 110% into getting this program straightened out and that they will get it done.
I remember the rollout of X-1 and there were some 'issues', some turned out to be people trying to run it on older computers and IIRC mixing 32bit and 64bit caused some problems. Cake stayed on it and kept after it and X-1 got better, X-2 was better still, and X-3 was really good. Platinum is even better. I think the Bakers have earned a bit of loyalty. Besides, it is a heck of a deal. What can you get these days for 79 bucks. It is easy to spend more than that taking the family out to eat. Still, I know frustration at trying to D/L and install and use something that does not work right is absolutely maddening so props to all the users who are having trouble but staying pretty cool about it. Sonarites are the best!
I see this as a bump in the road, or a pothole (perhaps a sinkhole) but I think Cakewalk has showed in the past few years that they are committed and will keep after it until things work. I'm sure that whatever people are wanting in 'staff view' is being worked on too, though right now I imagine all hands are on deck with RP.
So, I have the confidence to buy and support Cakewalk. Even the most cynical view could say that, the more money they have the more they can do, but after reading, wondering "do I need this", frankly... I don't know but I am going to buy it anyway. I may wait to install it and that brings me to two questions.
1: If I wait to install, will I be able to skip over this release and install an updated release or would I have to install this one and then update?
2: Will I still be able to load and run the Dim Pro that I have now or will Rapture take it over?

Thanks!

Julien

Sonar Platinum
Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: I've been "on the fence" about Rapture Pro BUT, I AM going to buy it because of... 2015/05/04 18:04:57 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk] 2015/05/05 11:31:35
I can only answer #2 for sure. Your existing DPro and Rapture are available after RPro installation.

If I were to guess about #1, the update will be a completely new installer of the core RPro program just like new SONAR updates. No previous RPro version required.
jbow
Re: I've been "on the fence" about Rapture Pro BUT, I AM going to buy it because of... 2015/05/04 18:06:53 (permalink)
Done!
 (Thanks Scook)

Sonar Platinum
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: I've been "on the fence" about Rapture Pro BUT, I AM going to buy it because of... 2015/05/05 00:10:33 (permalink)
Good post.
Christopher Brown [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 132
Re: I've been "on the fence" about Rapture Pro BUT, I AM going to buy it because of... 2015/05/05 10:19:50 (permalink)
jbow
1: If I wait to install, will I be able to skip over this release and install an updated release or would I have to install this one and then update?
2: Will I still be able to load and run the Dim Pro that I have now or will Rapture take it over?

Thanks!

Julien

Hi Julien,

Sincere thanks for your praise and understanding. We are working away to resolve any issues that may have arisen, and your confidence in us and our products is much appreciated. To answer your questions:

1. You will be able to install from scratch when we release an update; installing the current version is not a prerequisite.

2. Dimension Pro will remain available and ready for use. We didn't want for anyone to have any sessions that relied on Dimension Pro to be left in a lurch, so installing Rapture Pro should not affect it at all.
robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: I've been "on the fence" about Rapture Pro BUT, I AM going to buy it because of... 2015/05/05 12:50:49 (permalink)
I have no adverse conditions with any of the Dim Pro, Rapture, or Rapture Pro programs.  They did a GREAT job with all of this, and it opens up some REALLY cool new sound layers with all of the new choices.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
jbow
Re: I've been "on the fence" about Rapture Pro BUT, I AM going to buy it because of... 2015/05/08 18:59:14 (permalink)
Well... I couldn't wait. I installed RP on C, installed the (I forget) the next thing on C and directed the multisamples to E drive. I just copy pasted the offered directory except I changed the C to E... hope it works.
I thought, well this was quick and easy, then I noticed all the sounds waiting to be downloaded and installed under Rapture Pro. I am on the first one, I sure am glad there is an option to put them on the samples drive!
I look forward to a great experience....
Also, the housekeeper was here yesterday and my studio is "makeshift" right now, on one end of a long dining table, near 5k in equipment on and around that end of the table. I noticed after they left that the front door to my computer (Studiocat) was swung open. I closed it but today upon a closer look I noticed that the front of the tower was knocked about 1/2 inch off on ne side. Thankfully it snapped back on and everything seems fine but DANG... we are going to have a talk. We are crowded right now with half of my parents stuff in boxes, and all our stuff... but I have my "room" about half cleaned out, the attic cleaned out and we are getting things arranged... finally, but anyway, I needed to check to see that everything is still working. So far so good.
Thanks for everything Cake and everyone else, this is a fine group here and I am happy that I am tolerated. LOL.

J

Sonar Platinum
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1