Rapture Pro - Colour code the elements

Author
Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
2015/05/13 23:38:42 (permalink)
5 (3)

Rapture Pro - Colour code the elements

I find the colour sheme a bit blah, but it's ok. I think it would be useful though that instead of the having the buttons and knobs show levels in white against Dark Blue, have each element show a colour against dark blue.
Element 1 - Light Blue
Element 2 - green
Element 3 - yellow
Element 4 - orange
Element 5 - red
Element 6 - Purple
All Elements - White

This could carry over to the Modulation Matrix, so it would be easy to see what Elements are being routed to to different controllers.

Also when jumping between elements help prevent editing the wrong ones

EDIT:I'm putting this image in the first post, but please see the 3rd post for details why it looks a little different

post edited by Kamikaze - 2015/05/14 10:55:43

3 Replies Related Threads

BobF
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8124
    Re: Rapture Pro - Colour code the elements 2015/05/14 08:57:06 (permalink)
    I like the idea of user-configurable colors for display elements.

Bob  --
    Angels are crying because truth has died ...
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    --
    Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
    Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
    Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

Kamikaze
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3013
    Re: Rapture Pro - Colour code the elements 2015/05/14 10:49:52 (permalink)
    So in this thread Shellstax and I were discussing implementing a way of viewing the Keyboard range of each element, so when you are playing you know what keys to play. You may set up split keyboard with bass sounds lower in the keyboard and accompanying sounds in higher ranges, or it may just be a patch uses multisamles and wav tables and there ranges extend differently form others (meaning some of the layers don play on certain keys).
    http://forum.cakewalk.com...-m3221407.aspx#3221439

Shellstax took my idea of colour implimentation and toned it down so it didn't result in a tangy experience. I like it, it takes the coldness form the current set up, makes visualising what's happening intuitive, and freshens it up nicely. It's just on the one screen, but helps visualise what I was expressing a bit more

You'll see the this 'Instrument' Screen (GUi) is now a little larger, it's size matches the Browers (Whereas Mixer and options are both the same size and bigger). But this could simply result in the Browser being a little bigger, which is being called for in this thread.

http://forum.cakewalk.com...-columns-m3214042.aspx

ricoskyl
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 327
    Re: Rapture Pro - Colour code the elements 2016/09/12 00:06:00 (permalink)
    Brilliant!! I love the idea of showing keymaps for each element above the controller ribbon.

As  for use in the vector mixer, I think the colors would work best it they were fully saturated and pure. Think of color picker wheels from other apps. 

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. -Woodrow T. Wilson
    Turbulence is a life force. It is opportunity. Let’s love turbulence and use it for change. -Ramsay Clark
    ----------------------
    Sonar Platinum Win 10 x64 on HP Pavilion i7 5500 12Gb RAM, Tascam US-16x08, NVidia 840 8Gb vram, Multi-Screen, Multi-Touch
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1